#1 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:09 AM

is pau getting to comfortable shooting 17 feet shots? Last games i have seen he drove to the paint maybe twice. i think hes getting to comfortable shooting those shots, its bad for the Lakers whats the point of having two 7 footers then if one of them thinks he can hit 3pointers on demand?
Posted Image

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:12 AM

I agree but i think in Pau's mind if he drives to the basket more he'll get blocked I'm ok with him taking those shots. With that being said I hope he drives more

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:15 AM

In Pau's mind, he is shooting at a high percentage. Why drive to the basket? It only furthers his image as being a soft player. Why drive and take a foul when I can act like a SF or SG from 15 ft.

#4 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:18 AM

we all know every player has off nights we saw it last time with Kobe what about when pau has off nights my fear is that Pau keeps on shooting from 15ft when hes 0-15 :nah:
Posted Image

#5 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:19 AM

we all know every player has off nights we saw it last time with Kobe what about when pau has off nights my fear is that Pau keeps on shooting from 15ft when hes 0-15 :nah:

Pau is already playing inconsistent. The only constant in his game right now is his jump shot and even then he hesitates to shoot. The guy is driving me mad. Act like you are [expletive]ing 7 feet and play with some balls.

#6 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:20 AM

Imo he should have more touches... He is a reliable offensive weapon which is again imo underused
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,215 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:22 AM

Pau doesn't play like a 7 footer. He plays like a 6'2 guy. Pau never plays like a 7 footer. Pau Gasoft got that name for a reason. Its not because he doesn't have define muscles like those black players. Its because of how he plays. I wish we can trade Pau for Kevin Love right now.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Imo he should have more touches... He is a reliable offensive weapon which is again imo underused

IMO you have to get Kobe and Bynum going first. They are playing at a higher level and demand more touches than Pau. Pau seems to only be good when open. He throws the ball away, gets pushed around in the paint, plays o.k. defense and barely catches 10 rebounds a game. AND HE IS 7 FEET TALL.

Pau should not get more touches than our two all stars.

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:24 AM

He's not shooting them at a low percentage, but his lack of aggressive play is hurting what we're trying to accomplish, and teams have an easier time boxing him out when he's running from 18 feet in to grab a rebound (offensive or defensive rebound). The older a finesse player gets, the quicker he falls. That's why you see guys like Kurt Thomas and Shaq playing until they are 60 years old (and those that don't, it's because of their injuries).

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:33 AM

Its a mental thing, he knows he could've been traded and hes not untouchable anymore. He could be here today and gone tomorrow with a lot of uncertainty looming he could be affected by it. Hes unsettled right now. Kevin Martin and Luis Scola are struggling big time too (not as bad as Lamar). I think he'll be fine once the trading deadline passes.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:37 AM

Its a mental thing, he knows he could've been traded and hes not untouchable anymore. He could be here today and gone tomorrow with a lot of uncertainty looming he could be affected by it. Hes unsettled right now. Kevin Martin and Luis Scola are struggling big time too (not as bad as Lamar). I think he'll be fine once the trading deadline passes.

that's what we said last season with him remember he will be more aggressive once the playoffs start and we all know what happened there :nervous:
Posted Image

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 10:39 AM

that's what we said last season with him remember he will be more aggressive once the playoffs start and we all know what happened there :nervous:

He wasn't this bad during the regular season but yea he was terrible during the playoffs. I have faith in him that he'll be ok

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:15 AM

He wasn't this bad during the regular season but yea he was terrible during the playoffs. I have faith in him that he'll be ok

Pau is the guy who is most frustrating right now, but I know if we lost him we would lose alot in the frontcourt. That is why we need to get a very good guard and a defensive minded forward/center in his place.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#14 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:32 AM

My biggest problem is that he has [expletive]ing Kwame Brown hands now! I've seen SO MANY decent passes to him where he just fumbles it like an oaf.

#15 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:38 AM

My biggest problem is that he has [expletive]ing Kwame Brown hands now! I've seen SO MANY decent passes to him where he just fumbles it like an oaf.

I seriously can't wait til he is traded. I'm tired of this guy.

#16 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,972 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:45 AM

We used to run some beautiful offense with Kobe & Pau playing a two-man game. Saw a bit of last night. It needs to come back. Not exclusively, but some.

Pau is much more skilled than Bynum and needs to be used more effectively. This wouldn't relegate Bynum to second-tier status, he would just have to play off Pau and Kobe on these possession and crash the boards. This will give Bynum more oportunities with single coverage. Something he will see less and less of if we keep just dumping into him in the post and watching him try to do it all by himself.

Otherwise, Pau seems way too happy to just hang out in the high post and wait for the occasional pass and open look. Waste of a huge salary slot.

To be fair, though, we tried. Dude was shipped out. Stern nixed it.

Edited by UKUGA, January 06, 2012 - 11:47 AM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#17 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 06, 2012 - 11:46 AM

As long as his shots are falling, I'm fine with him. However, I'm not satisfied with his soft defense this season and his lack of aggressiveness in the paint.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#18 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 02:40 PM

As long as his shots are falling, I'm fine with him. However, I'm not satisfied with his soft defense this season and his lack of aggressiveness in the paint.

so your comfortable with him shooting outside the paint for the rest of the season if he improves his D? what if he makes 4 three pt shots in the next game? should he shoot more threes? come on :facepalm:

Edited by Hollywood, January 06, 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 06, 2012 - 03:46 PM

He needs to be traded. His time is up.

Posted Image

#20 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 06, 2012 - 05:25 PM

We used to run some beautiful offense with Kobe & Pau playing a two-man game. Saw a bit of last night. It needs to come back. Not exclusively, but some.

Pau is much more skilled than Bynum and needs to be used more effectively. This wouldn't relegate Bynum to second-tier status, he would just have to play off Pau and Kobe on these possession and crash the boards. This will give Bynum more oportunities with single coverage. Something he will see less and less of if we keep just dumping into him in the post and watching him try to do it all by himself.

Otherwise, Pau seems way too happy to just hang out in the high post and wait for the occasional pass and open look. Waste of a huge salary slot.

To be fair, though, we tried. Dude was shipped out. Stern nixed it.

Also the Kobe/pau two man game is at its best when it has some shooters on the floor to give these two guys space to operate, its funny their two man game hasn't been same since 2008 which coincidentally when our team had the best 3 point shooters

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users