Did Bron, Wade and Bosh take pay cuts to be in Miami

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,434 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:12 PM

Bosh, $16,022,500
James, $16,022,500
Wade, $15,691,000

I figured all those guys would be in the KB/Dirk $20mil+ range.
Did they take less money to play together?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:15 PM

They took slightly under max salary. Bosh isn't really a paycut lol his salary is just right but the other two guys yea

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,734 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:16 PM

I believe they did, they all would've have 20mil+ if they stayed with their old squad .

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Also thats what it says in the books, we're talking about Pat Riley and the Heat here he could be paying them under the table.

In summer 2010 he bought out James Jones, signed the big 3 so and then re-signed Jones

Haslem could've made bank elsewhere but he gave a "hometown discount" to return to Miami for a smaller amount.

Edited by MDI, January 05, 2012 - 02:17 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Bosh, $16,022,500
James, $16,022,500
Wade, $15,691,000

I figured all those guys would be in the KB/Dirk $20mil+ range.
Did they take less money to play together?

The max salary is based on how long a player has been in the league. They took less money, but they couldn't have made $20 mil plus.

Posted Image

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,138 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yes they did, and they planned to play with each other even before free agency.
You can disagree all you want, but Kobe in my honest opinion is way overpaid.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:42 PM

Sort of. They adjusted their contracts so they could be paid less in their first season together (making it possible), but will earn enough money over the course of their contracts (max increases + max years) to nearly make up for it (and endorsements will help as well).

#8 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 05, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Also thats what it says in the books, we're talking about Pat Riley and the Heat here he could be paying them under the table.

In summer 2010 he bought out James Jones, signed the big 3 so and then re-signed Jones

Haslem could've made bank elsewhere but he gave a "hometown discount" to return to Miami for a smaller amount.

it really balances itself out Miami is probably the 3rd largest market outside NY and LA i never seen bosh in an ad before Big 3 Mania LeBron and Wade were big already, as for under the table who know they might have gotten houses cars ect. to sweeten the pot im sure they didn't take a huge pay cut as the media makes it seem
Posted Image

#9 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,444 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 03:25 PM

it really balances itself out Miami is probably the 3rd largest market outside NY and LA i never seen bosh in an ad before Big 3 Mania LeBron and Wade were big already, as for under the table who know they might have gotten houses cars ect. to sweeten the pot im sure they didn't take a huge pay cut as the media makes it seem

The pot sweetener was to go and win championships. Wade and Bosh were in hopeless situations and didn't want to see their prime years waste away. Lebron was fatigued from lifting a horrendous team to make the playoffs and lose to the Celtics each year. Why not join up and play for championships?

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be battling for the right to get swept in the first round of the playoffs right now. Lebron was tired of having Mo Williams and Antawan Jamison as the second and third best players on his team.

This was collusion. Lebron and Bosh knew they were going to join Wade and Riley in Miami. The other thing that bothered me about the situation is Lebron hosting a rigged sweepstakes for his services, inviting teams like the Nets and Clippers (and even the Cavaliers for that matter) to interview with a player who had no intention of signing with them. According to Wojo, Lebron's gigantic ego was the reason why Wade resigning, as well as Bosh joining Miami, was leaked days before "The Decision". The final piece of the puzzle had to be Lebron James.

As other people have already said, they would take a small cut to be paid less at the beginning of their contract, and make up for it over the life of the contract. Wade and Lebron make enough to endorsements to justify the loss in salary.

#10 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 03:32 PM

The pot sweetener was to go and win championships. Wade and Bosh were in hopeless situations and didn't want to see their prime years waste away. Lebron was fatigued from lifting a horrendous team to make the playoffs and lose to the Celtics each year. Why not join up and play for championships?

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would be battling for the right to get swept in the first round of the playoffs right now. Lebron was tired of having Mo Williams and Antawan Jamison as the second and third best players on his team.

This was collusion. Lebron and Bosh knew they were going to join Wade and Riley in Miami. The other thing that bothered me about the situation is Lebron hosting a rigged sweepstakes for his services, inviting teams like the Nets and Clippers (and even the Cavaliers for that matter) to interview with a player who had no intention of signing with them. According to Wojo, Lebron's gigantic ego was the reason why Wade resigning, as well as Bosh joining Miami, was leaked days before "The Decision". The final piece of the puzzle had to be Lebron James.

As other people have already said, they would take a small cut to be paid less at the beginning of their contract, and make up for it over the life of the contract. Wade and Lebron make enough to endorsements to justify the loss in salary.

to be honest the Cavs were not a bad team they were about 4th in the league they had a good core with west james and williams , as for Wade and Bosh they were lost causes your right
Posted Image

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 05, 2012 - 03:57 PM

The max salary is based on how long a player has been in the league. They took less money, but they couldn't have made $20 mil plus.

This, yes they took cuts but not huge ones plus endorsements cover more than what they passed on

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#12 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 05, 2012 - 05:15 PM

NO STATE TAX...... $$$$$$
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#13 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted January 05, 2012 - 05:51 PM

I think you guys may be wrong. If I remember right, LeBrick and Bosh spice came through sign and trades because that was the only way to get max contracts otherwise they would've just signed as free agents granted it was only picks and scraps. Wade was the only one who took a slight pay cut. I'm pretty sure of this.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#14 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 05, 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think you guys may be wrong. If I remember right, LeBrick and Bosh spice came through sign and trades because that was the only way to get max contracts otherwise they would've just signed as free agents granted it was only picks and scraps. Wade was the only one who took a slight pay cut. I'm pretty sure of this.

lol LeBrick and Bosh Spice :chuckle:
Posted Image

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 05, 2012 - 07:31 PM

The sign-and-trades were done so they would have the money to bring in Mike Miller.

#16 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 06, 2012 - 06:26 AM

Uh... Yea...

Where you been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users