#1 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted January 03, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Before stumbling upon this site, I went from board to board. Filled with immature brats who were more involved with deciding who was a bigger fan of the Lakers or whether they were a Kobe lover or hater than just talking about the Lakers. Not to mention mods who would ban you simply for just not agreeing. I've been on here a year or two and it's almost always just an intelligent conversation. Nobody questioning anybody's fandom or accusing them of being an -instert player name- apologist. Recently I went back to the old board I was on just to see it (when it actually loaded). Half the front pages topics were just people talking about other members. No Joke. Just wanted you guys to know how lucky we are. I would say spread the word but then those kids might jump ship to here lol.

So I just want to say thanks to the mods and the members for being big boys lol and doing a great job. Thank you.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#2 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 08:29 PM

LETS GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!! VC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

bw1wOGf.png

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Well...I was a hard ass for a while, but it was to get rid of the bad eggs so we can reach this point. All the staff has ever asked for? Basketball discussion, with members of a community that respect each other. It was always that simple. We cleared a tall hurdle when a lot of the AM570 members came over, as I was not really aware of how they acted back on their message board, and the mods (and many members) helped me with that. Quick triggers on a lot of suspensions or bans, but every single member that has been dealt a ban has had multiple chances, and our moderators were very kind in giving those, before asking me to step in (which is typically what happens).

I haven't banned a member in a LONG time. Most recent bans were handed to those who had multiple suspensions (one that actually had 4-5, which basically broke my rule of thee-and-out), and others who were so upset to see their friend(s) go, they took the dive on their own.

I'm very content with what we have today, and our activity has picked right back up, more posts than we've had in a while. I was confident the lockout was the cause of the inactivity to begin with (what we were seeing with many boards), and that was proven to be true.

So, I have to hand it to those that have made this community what it is today. The moderators have done a great job over the years, and the new administrator has done an amazing job handling the sim league, validating accounts, etc. Our members (the non-staff AND the staff) continue posting news (breaking or not), filling topics with replies, and respecting each other.

The topic really belongs to all of you guys, for a collective effort that never goes unnoticed. Great job. :81:

#4 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah! This is the best Laker site out there! Real Deal and other staff rocks! :rock:

#5 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 03, 2012 - 10:51 PM

Definitely the most organized forum I've been to and I have been to a lot. Great work. Love this site.

Posted Image

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 04, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Spread the love ;)

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 04, 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well...I was a hard ass for a while, but it was to get rid of the bad eggs so we can reach this point. All the staff has ever asked for? Basketball discussion, with members of a community that respect each other. It was always that simple. We cleared a tall hurdle when a lot of the AM570 members came over, as I was not really aware of how they acted back on their message board, and the mods (and many members) helped me with that. Quick triggers on a lot of suspensions or bans, but every single member that has been dealt a ban has had multiple chances, and our moderators were very kind in giving those, before asking me to step in (which is typically what happens).

I haven't banned a member in a LONG time. Most recent bans were handed to those who had multiple suspensions (one that actually had 4-5, which basically broke my rule of thee-and-out), and others who were so upset to see their friend(s) go, they took the dive on their own.

I'm very content with what we have today, and our activity has picked right back up, more posts than we've had in a while. I was confident the lockout was the cause of the inactivity to begin with (what we were seeing with many boards), and that was proven to be true.

So, I have to hand it to those that have made this community what it is today. The moderators have done a great job over the years, and the new administrator has done an amazing job handling the sim league, validating accounts, etc. Our members (the non-staff AND the staff) continue posting news (breaking or not), filling topics with replies, and respecting each other.

The topic really belongs to all of you guys, for a collective effort that never goes unnoticed. Great job. :81:

Fantastic post. Extremely well said and I truly appreciate everything you've done Real Deal.

It did take a while indeed, but gradually through time, expelling one bad seed after another as well as some groupies as you say leaving on their own has done this site better. It hasn't been this peaceful & respectful/tolerant of one another as a community for this long in quite some time and it's real comforting.

yo.

#8 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 10, 2012 - 03:24 PM

I have no gripes for the most part about this site. Most of the members on here are mature and very cool people. I just enjoy and appreciate the fact that we can have intellectual conversations about differing topics regardless of if we agree or disagree with each other. Props to the mods, staff, and members.

Posted Image

#9 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 11, 2012 - 09:34 AM

This is definitely the best forum I've been in. I wouldn't be staying here for 3 years if it wasn't. Very mature individuals talking about basketball is a dream come true.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#10 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,085 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 09:36 AM

Can't believe I been here since 2008.

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 11, 2012 - 12:08 PM

I've only ever been on this forum for Lakers discussion in my entire life. I've visited a few other sites after registering here, but TLN was my first basketball discussion site that I really frequented and became an active member. Best Lakers forum on the web, glad to have been here since the day it first opened up.

#12 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,823 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 01:14 PM

i know exactly which other forums the OP is talking about lol

13z8pc6.jpg

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2012 - 05:54 PM

i know exactly which other forums the OP is talking about lol

think I do too

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Posted January 15, 2012 - 02:50 PM

lol, isn't it time to move on from dwight? that banner is kinda out dated imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users