123 replies to this topic

#101 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:24 PM

Eli's 5 road playoff win in his career. 5-0 in fact on the road. Both NFL records. I think he can beat Brady and the Pats

me too. him and his D. hard to think that Eli would have more superbowl rings than his brother cuz i like Peyton more, but either way i like them both.

#102 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 240 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2012 - 11:29 PM

Flacco was playing the "worst defense" in the nfl whereas brady was playing argubaly the best defense who has always gave brady trouble.
Bradys stats in the reg season 5235 yards 39 td 105.6 rating. Brady had one bad game and really how many people on this board would take flacco over brady?

#103 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,303 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 12:05 AM

Saw this on another board, thought it was pretty funny:

"Billy Cundiff tried to hang himself after the game, but when he tried to kick the chair from underneath him, he missed."

Edited by leor_77, January 23, 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#104 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 240 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 23, 2012 - 12:15 AM

Saw this on another board, thought it was pretty funny:

"Billy Cundiff tried to hang himself after the game, but when he tried to kick the chair from underneath him, he missed."

lmao

#105 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,928 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:48 AM

49ers were exposed because the real Alex Smith showed up last night.
Alex didnt lose the game entirely. but 1-13 on 3rd down conversions is embarassing. So Alex did contribute to the loss in a big way. Its arbitrary I know but if Alex was 6-13 on 3rd downs 49ers probably would have won because of the 4 pt lead and clock management.
when SF was winning all year they controlled the clock. time of possession was always big in their favor. In last nights game NY had the ball almost 2x longer than SF. Thats because 1-13 on 3rd downs is a big failure. 6-13 would have meant less punts, greater TOP, a more rested Defense and LESS special teams play.
fickle 9er fans were fast to blame Williams (who also played his role in the loss) and the refs for anything that didnt go their way. But Smith being 1-13 on 3rd and only having 12 total completions is where the heart of the trouble was.
Real talk the lucky breaks just ran out.
I suspected falseness from the start. The way they kept winning on chance, strange plays or occurrences all year. Everything just kept going their way though. But I knew eventually the luck would run out be it the playoffs or S/B. Repeat Miracles are reserved for Tebow.
Tim Tebow may be John 3:16 but Alex Smith is Choke 1:13

#106 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,928 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:50 AM

Tom Brady is gonna want revenge. Hes out for NY blood. Blood thirst for his 4th ring to tie Montana and Bradshaw.
This game is gonna be like the Yankees vs Redsox on steroids.
I pick Patriots to win.

#107 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,979 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:52 AM

WINDU WHAT UP BOY... I told y'all Pats in the Superbowl since day 1! Told you the whole year and you got butt hurt everytime [expletive] there is a reason I took first in NFL Pick Em

Tom Brady [expletive]es where you at Aaron Rogers

Pats are going to get raped AGAIN in the superbowl.

How in hell can you root for a Boston team? [expletive] is wrong with you?

Brady got outplayed by Flacco of all people

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#108 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,979 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:01 AM

Tom Brady is gonna want revenge. Hes out for NY blood. Blood thirst for his 4th ring to tie Montana and Bradshaw.
This game is gonna be like the Yankees vs Redsox on steroids.
I pick Patriots to win.

If you think Brady was bad yesterday (57.5 Passer Rating) wait until the superbowl. Giants can get pressure with their front four and drop seven in coverage.

Brady and the Pats have that revenge thing going for them but it's gonna come down to on-field execution.

Giants already beat the Pats this year too and Eli outplayed Brady.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#109 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:28 AM

49ers were exposed because the real Alex Smith showed up last night.
Alex didnt lose the game entirely. but 1-13 on 3rd down conversions is embarassing. So Alex did contribute to the loss in a big way. Its arbitrary I know but if Alex was 6-13 on 3rd downs 49ers probably would have won because of the 4 pt lead and clock management.
when SF was winning all year they controlled the clock. time of possession was always big in their favor. In last nights game NY had the ball almost 2x longer than SF. Thats because 1-13 on 3rd downs is a big failure. 6-13 would have meant less punts, greater TOP, a more rested Defense and LESS special teams play.
fickle 9er fans were fast to blame Williams (who also played his role in the loss) and the refs for anything that didnt go their way. But Smith being 1-13 on 3rd and only having 12 total completions is where the heart of the trouble was.
Real talk the lucky breaks just ran out.
I suspected falseness from the start. The way they kept winning on chance, strange plays or occurrences all year. Everything just kept going their way though. But I knew eventually the luck would run out be it the playoffs or S/B. Repeat Miracles are reserved for Tebow.
Tim Tebow may be John 3:16 but Alex Smith is Choke 1:13

lol about the Tebow remark... because its true. Most were quick to blame williams (like me) but you're right about alex. i never glorified alex because 6 years of horridness does not just go away. i never trusted him. but the defense was top two in the league and probably won the majority of games this season (including almost this one). you can call it luck all you want and not give their defense any credit whatsoever but the defense played exactly like they have all season, maybe better. if i put it in the same context as you then the giants got lucky because niners special teams has been playing solid all year and happened to make huge mistakes this game. i can't say that the niners didn't get ANY lucky breaks because its part of the game but it wasn't the reason for the record or for getting to the NFC championship. i can only hope that alex will play better with a qb's coach and a full offseason. the problem is that there's no way the niners don't resign him (he's on a one year deal) and i'll always doubt alex. he's average at best but defense wins championships.

#110 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,979 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:39 AM

the difference in that game is really the two turnovers by Kyle Williams.

Also, San Fran might wanna get someone that can get open besides Vernon Davis. I was high on Crabtree coming out of Texas Tech but I haven't seen much from him.

Victor Cruz tore SF's secondary apart

Edited by Windu, January 23, 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#111 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,022 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:48 AM

I would blame the play caller more than Alex.. We all already know his limits and abilities so why in a wet game with a lead for a majority of it Frank Gore only gets 16 touches?

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#112 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:55 AM

i also wanted to add that the Giants were VERY lucky on the turnover battle. SF missed SURE interceptions like 3 or 4 times because two niners were going for the ball EVERY effing time <_< and knocked it out of their own teammates' hands. usually they win the turnover battle and they really beat themselves on that one. you could say their luck ran out and the Giants luck is still running....

#113 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,979 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:05 AM

dropped INTs happen damn near every game.

truth of the matter was that the Giants had fewer TOs, controlled the TOP, and converted 3rd downs.

it was a good game though
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#114 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,928 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:08 AM

lol about the Tebow remark... because its true. Most were quick to blame williams (like me) but you're right about alex. i never glorified alex because 6 years of horridness does not just go away. i never trusted him. but the defense was top two in the league and probably won the majority of games this season (including almost this one). you can call it luck all you want and not give their defense any credit whatsoever but the defense played exactly like they have all season, maybe better. if i put it in the same context as you then the giants got lucky because niners special teams has been playing solid all year and happened to make huge mistakes this game. i can't say that the niners didn't get ANY lucky breaks because its part of the game but it wasn't the reason for the record or for getting to the NFC championship. i can only hope that alex will play better with a qb's coach and a full offseason. the problem is that there's no way the niners don't resign him (he's on a one year deal) and i'll always doubt alex. he's average at best but defense wins championships.

ya know whos a beast...Carlos Rogers. That guy on his own can make a decent defense become a great defense. he owns his half of the field. I think hes the best corner Ive seen since Dion. That dude is truth.
But yea...Alex is still the weak link. He had a flash of brillance vs the weak defense Saints. If 9ers had a QB that didnt throw three straight 3rd and 1's into the dirt they would have won. On a 3rd quarter, 3rd and short, Crabtree was open for a 4 yard gain that would have been a 1st down and the ball hit his shoe laces.....Crabtree cant throw the ball to.

#115 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 09:25 AM

dropped INTs happen damn near every game.

truth of the matter was that the Giants had fewer TOs, controlled the TOP, and converted 3rd downs.

it was a good game though

yea yea i know. but i could play the coulda shoulda woulda game all day like any losing fan. like the fact that the niners starting punt returner (who was one of the better punt returners in the league, btw) was injured and couldn't play. or the fumble that was ruled fwd progress and couldnt be reviewed. niners definitely didn't get the breaks this game. oh well.

Edited by jse7en, January 23, 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#116 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,928 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 10:05 AM

yea yea i know. but i could play the coulda shoulda woulda game all day like any losing fan. like the fact that the niners starting punt returner (who was one of the better punt returners in the league, btw) was injured and couldn't play. or the fumble that was ruled fwd progress and couldnt be reviewed. niners definitely didn't get the breaks this game. oh well.

oh yea...the MVP of the 49ers is the punter. talk about field position. 80 yard punts....hes been doing it all season and never got credit.

#117 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 10:33 AM

oh yea...the MVP of the 49ers is the punter. talk about field position. 80 yard punts....hes been doing it all season and never got credit.

besides the defense, yes, the mvps of the season were the punter and field goal kicker.

#118 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,942 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

:laughing:

#119 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,022 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 23, 2012 - 11:30 AM

He's always gotten credit, all the people I know who are Niners fans always talk about him. Announcers during games too.

For not being a fan of the Niners you sure talk alot about them lol, you must. Loathe em. I wanted em to win but could care less and I wanted pats to lose cuz they are the Colts rival and a Boston team.

But really once my team is out I could care less and only watch for the enjoyment of the sport.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#120 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted January 23, 2012 - 11:31 AM

^ I think he grew up in San Fran lol lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users