Bynum shows maturity and takes blame for loss

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 04:26 PM

All I read is whine whine cry cry and someone who obviously knows nothing about Kobe shown through is ignorant quips in hopes to draw laughter and praise instead showing everyone he is in fact ace Ventura talking out of his ass

First I'm a bandwagon fan. Then I am three losses away from rooting for the Clippers. Now I know nothing about Kobe. Take all the shots you need to take at me, even though this is coming from someone who said they are done with the NBA after Kobe retires.

Your assumptions couldn't be further from the truth. Mike Brown owned up to the loss. Andrew Bynum owned up go the loss, and Kobe left without talking to reporters. He spoke to reporters today, and you won't hear the words "It's on me" come out of his mouth. Kobe doesn't speak to reporters after bad performances, but you would think he might own up or admit his terrible play today, right?

I don't blame or fault Kobe for being who he is. This isn't about trying to label Kobe as a selfish Kobe. The problem is you are too far up Kobe's ass to see that.

Edited by Mr. Me 2, January 02, 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 02, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well. Bynum is acting like a franchise player. Kobe played a horrible game for him. But we could have won,bc of defensive intensity
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 02, 2012 - 07:57 PM

It wasn't him, it was Kobe's fault. Kobe played horrible, no team ball on his part.

Pretty much. Kobe tried to outdo the limited of human physiology and play his way out of the bad wrist.

I would hope by now he would have learn to accept certain things about injuries and play smarter.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#24 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,872 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 02, 2012 - 08:08 PM

All I read is whine whine cry cry and someone who obviously knows nothing about Kobe shown through is ignorant quips in hopes to draw laughter and praise instead showing everyone he is in fact ace Ventura talking out of his ass

Dude kobe is not perfect. Stop acting like he can ruin a whole game and now he doesnt deserve criticism. He played horrible and he should have said so. He's a big boy and should let his team know that when he screws up he will admit it. Who want to be lead by a guy who thinks his [expletive] dont stink. I think ur on the wrong site cuz this is the laker fan site not just a kobe fan site. I love kobe but look im mad at him when he obviously failed the team in the last game because he wanted to be the hero even though it cost us the game. I dont care bout jordan or anyone to compare to. If you take 28 shots and miss 3/4 of them then u probably are responsible for the loss. Your acting like kobe cannot do bad. A true leader takes responsibility and idc if hes mad. He is a man and should stop whining.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 11:50 PM

You wrote an essay and said nothing. Kobe did own up to his mistake by calling mike brown over and watching the full game again on the plane.

Kobe doesn't owe anything to you or me. He doesn't need to prance around media outlets professing his poor game.

You can question my fandom all you want but at the end of the day you are just another person crying because Kobe didn't give you a quote you can cling to
Posted Image

#26 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,042 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2012 - 11:54 PM

Kobe never outright takes the blame for a loss in the media. It's just not who he is.

However, he does do things like stay late in the gym after a bad game (see the Lakers@Heat game last season) to correct for his mistakes, and, as Last Stand mentioned, watched a lot of film in this case. Kobe's not blind, he knows he made mistakes. But what separates Kobe from the rest is how hard he works to improve on those mistakes.

So even though he doesn't outright take the blame, he internally understands that and is taking steps to correct it, and I'd argue that's more important than Bynum making a media-friendly statement such as this one.

#27 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2012 - 12:00 AM

You wrote an essay and said nothing. Kobe did own up to his mistake by calling mike brown over and watching the full game again on the plane.

Kobe doesn't owe anything to you or me. He doesn't need to prance around media outlets professing his poor game.

You can question my fandom all you want but at the end of the day you are just another person crying because Kobe didn't give you a quote you can cling to

Exactly. Kobe doesn't do much talking. He just walks the walk. Plain and simple.

Posted Image

#28 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 03, 2012 - 01:19 PM

No reason to make a story out of this and no reason to associate maturity with bynum saying he is to blame (when he knows damn well he is not!)
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#29 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Pretty much. Kobe tried to outdo the limited of human physiology and play his way out of the bad wrist.

I would hope by now he would have learn to accept certain things about injuries and play smarter.

I keep thinking I am giving up hope. The Mike Brown hiring as given me new hope, but still I am doubtful. We will learn alot in this next month or two if Brown will be successful to use his talents for the team and not separate from them. I don't think this would be an issue if we had CP3. He understands team basketball and getting everyone involved.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users