• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 23, 2011 - 04:13 AM

Wow, no thread for this epic game? no one here plays?

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,707 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 23, 2011 - 04:40 AM

Im thinking of buying it, would be my first Skyrim game. Is it good?
Posted Image

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:17 AM

it's friggin good alexi. it's like combining fallout new vegas and dragon age origins, and expanding it.. it's really good

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:22 AM

This that took an arrow to the knee [expletive] right

#5 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,707 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:45 AM

it's friggin good alexi. it's like combining fallout new vegas and dragon age origins, and expanding it.. it's really good

I'll buy it as my christmas gift then. :)
Posted Image

#6 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 07:31 AM

^ don't get too addicted. :laughing:

yes nyc, it is.

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,019 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2011 - 10:24 AM

would be my first Skyrim game.

*Would be your first Elder Scrolls game

Yes, I have the game... multiple accounts... very addicting... worth every penny. Even gets you through Laker hardships without the cast of a spell!

Edited by RenegadeWade, December 23, 2011 - 10:25 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#8 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted December 23, 2011 - 05:22 PM

^i am a level 10 Nord, why am i getting butt [expletive]ed by frost trolls. how do you kill those bastards?

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,804 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2011 - 06:48 PM

friend of mine was obsessed with this for awihle, kept calling it the best game ever...and only half sarcastically...i don't have time for epic games like that so i haven't played, but all he does is play games, and if he said its awesome, he's a pretty reliable source

Posted Image

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 27, 2011 - 07:14 AM

I bought this, Call Of Duty, and halo Aniversity all within a week of each other...

And...

MineCraft is still more fun then any of them...

#11 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,194 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:34 PM

Finnally playing his on huge hd tv

And it's fun
Very fun

I like the fine tuning of oblivion better
But this game is fun I that you can so anything

Any tips from people who played it?

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Made about 4 characters and beat the whole game with them. Might do a 5th I love this game.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#13 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Finnally playing his on huge hd tv

And it's fun
Very fun

I like the fine tuning of oblivion better
But this game is fun I that you can so anything

Any tips from people who played it?

what tips do you seek Dovahkin?

#14 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,194 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 01:16 AM

any particular skills worth getting?

Some seem useless...

but some seem crazy good... like one under the pickpocket skill tree, that gives +100 item carry weight... THATS HUGE, totally worth 3 perks.. just need a WHOLE LOT of trainers in pickpocket...

The alteration skill tree has the Antroich perk that gives +30% to spell absorbtion...

Those are like the only 2 I really want for sure...

Are there any other skill perks that are 100% worth getting? Like the Dragon Armour? is it that much better then anything else?

I have several perks saved up, not sure what to spend it on

what tips do you seek Dovahkin?

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Some seem useless...

but some seem crazy good... like one under the pickpocket skill tree, that gives +100 item carry weight... THATS HUGE, totally worth 3 perks.. just need a WHOLE LOT of trainers in pickpocket...

The alteration skill tree has the Antroich perk that gives +30% to spell absorbtion...

Are there any other skill perks that are 100% worth getting? Like the Dragon Armour? is it that much better then anything else?

I never have been one to use my perks in trees that dont benefit combat. Many things that are like in pick pocket skill are something you can really do without unless you just have more perks than you can use. I would say depending on your combat (one hand or two hand or bow) use all your perks on that to get strong. At the same time level up your armor (light or heavy) depending on what you use this is very helpful. And yes when you can level up your smiting and get some dragon armor it is totally worth it man. When you level that all the way up, then you get the dragon armor and improve it to superior, and get all the perks for your armor style your looking at an armor rating around 800 for light and 1000 for heavy I believe before any enchants on your armor. If you then get your enchanting up to 100 you can basically become a walking god when you enhance your dragon armor all the way. Can easily get it to 1200 + from this method and your basically a walking tank, only think is enchanting takes forever to get up and you have to sacrifice a lot of enchanted items to do it.

The only really non combat tree I used other than smiting was sneak because that has some sweet perks especially if your gonna play as a rogue type, but if your running around with a two hand sword its not really worth it since your not gonna really use any perks. All the perks you see you should only get if you plan on using them. You said that 100 plus item weight is a big deal, it really not. Just find a ring or boots that add to your carry compactiy and keep them on you. Whenever you go over your weight limit pop them on and then travel to your house and just drop off the loot you dont need and your good to go again.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 17, 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#16 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,194 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 11:59 AM

good points...

I haven't really put any skills into my combats yet... I put like 2 skill points in destruction, and I felt like it was a waste...

I put maybe 1 in one handed weapons...

im just a basic battlemage...

im the kind of person that loves to pick up everything... so the +100 carry weight seems like a great thing to me... but I guess I can just fast travel anytime im full... but its a pain in the butt to do that when in a cave/dungeon...

im the kind of player that likes to go off, exploring and wandering, collecting a huge amount of loot...

in oblivion, the most fun character I had, had no major combat skills at all, it was an all mercitile, speechcraft character...

however... it seems like I am falling behind on combat... I have died a couple times in the last few levels... (not counting when I decided to attack a mammoth)

I seem to be the exact oppisete of you philly... you want lots of combat based skills...

I want lots of always active, boosts... like the carry weight, magic and stamina regen rates... spell absorbtion...

but, you definatly convinced me to put some points into 1 handed weapons... im already at like a 43 with one handed...

How does the legendary thing go? has anyone tried that? getting a skill to 100, then reseting it to 15?

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 12:19 PM

good points...

I haven't really put any skills into my combats yet... I put like 2 skill points in destruction, and I felt like it was a waste...

I put maybe 1 in one handed weapons...

im just a basic battlemage...

im the kind of person that loves to pick up everything... so the +100 carry weight seems like a great thing to me... but I guess I can just fast travel anytime im full... but its a pain in the butt to do that when in a cave/dungeon...

im the kind of player that likes to go off, exploring and wandering, collecting a huge amount of loot...

in oblivion, the most fun character I had, had no major combat skills at all, it was an all mercitile, speechcraft character...

however... it seems like I am falling behind on combat... I have died a couple times in the last few levels... (not counting when I decided to attack a mammoth)

I seem to be the exact oppisete of you philly... you want lots of combat based skills...

I want lots of always active, boosts... like the carry weight, magic and stamina regen rates... spell absorbtion...

but, you definatly convinced me to put some points into 1 handed weapons... im already at like a 43 with one handed...

How does the legendary thing go? has anyone tried that? getting a skill to 100, then reseting it to 15?

Yea at the end of the day just do what ever play style you have most fun doing.

I dont know about the legendary thing since I dont have that edition. I think your suppose to be able to just level a skill up forever, but not exactly sure.

#18 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,194 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yea at the end of the day just do what ever play style you have most fun doing.

I dont know about the legendary thing since I dont have that edition. I think your suppose to be able to just level a skill up forever, but not exactly sure.

I asked another one of my friends about this, and he had no idea what I was talking about....

I just have the standard game, no expansion packs or anything...

in oblivion, getting a skill to 100 was crazy insane... to me to get my speechcraft, and mercantile to 100 was crazy hard... the speech, was easy, just took time, just spinning the control stick, hitting A, while watching a few laker games...

but the merc was HARD... because you had to sell a crazy amount of stuff... and, WORSE, sell them 1 at a time... (IE, a selling a stack of 100 daggers, was the same XP as selling ONE dagger)

Does anyone know if skyrim works the same? because that would be a bummer

#19 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 09:37 AM

I asked another one of my friends about this, and he had no idea what I was talking about....

I just have the standard game, no expansion packs or anything...

in oblivion, getting a skill to 100 was crazy insane... to me to get my speechcraft, and mercantile to 100 was crazy hard... the speech, was easy, just took time, just spinning the control stick, hitting A, while watching a few laker games...

but the merc was HARD... because you had to sell a crazy amount of stuff... and, WORSE, sell them 1 at a time... (IE, a selling a stack of 100 daggers, was the same XP as selling ONE dagger)

Does anyone know if skyrim works the same? because that would be a bummer

Skyrim does work the same in that manner. Its about the amount of transactions not the number of items in one transaction.

#20 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Some seem useless...

Well it depends. If you're a warrior/assassin, smithing/alchemy/enchanting are the best sub tree you should focus on since on end game, you need to maximize your weaps/armor potential. Alchemy for pots to improve smithing and enchanting. Enchanting for some crazy bonus for your weapon. Smithing is self explanatory.

If Mages. Conjuration/Alteration/Restoration are the top three trees. But it solely depends on how you want to play as a mage. Some want battle mages, some want sin-mages, some want summoners. Solely depends on how you play it.

What level are you right now? Are you playing on PC? If so, I suggest you download [expletive]loads of mods because it makes Skyrim 1000x better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users