#1141 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:16 AM

Kevin Love doesn't have a high basketball IQ? I have no clue what you're watching. Kevin Love is recognized as being one of the smarter players in the game, his fundamentals are so good that he doesn't need amazing athleticism ala Griffin or extreme mobility to dominate. He's an extremely skilled player, and that is due primarily to his great understanding of how to play the game.

He's a top notch three point shooter, one of the best rebounders in the game, one of the best passing big men, and is the best PF in the game right now. I can't think of any elite PF in the game right now that is any good at playing defense, so I can't really hold that against Love. Aldridge and Griffin aren't doing much on that end either, and Kevin Love trumps them both with his offensive skillset and rebounding ability.

Even if he doesn't shoot a great percentage for a big man, understandable considering all the perimeter shots and tip-in attempts, he's still one of the better offensive players in the game right now. He'll find a way to get his, be that by attacking the basket, drawing fouls, or draining threes all game long.

#1142 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:35 AM

Kevin Love doesn't have a high basketball IQ? I have no clue what you're watching. Kevin Love is recognized as being one of the smarter players in the game, his fundamentals are so good that he doesn't need amazing athleticism ala Griffin or extreme mobility to dominate. He's an extremely skilled player, and that is due primarily to his great understanding of how to play the game.

He's a top notch three point shooter, one of the best rebounders in the game, one of the best passing big men, and is the best PF in the game right now. I can't think of any elite PF in the game right now that is any good at playing defense, so I can't really hold that against Love. Aldridge and Griffin aren't doing much on that end either, and Kevin Love trumps them both with his offensive skillset and rebounding ability.

Even if he doesn't shoot a great percentage for a big man, understandable considering all the perimeter shots and tip-in attempts, he's still one of the better offensive players in the game right now. He'll find a way to get his, be that by attacking the basket, drawing fouls, or draining threes all game long.

Your talking about rebounding fundamentals? On the defensive end that's about all I see. Offensively I see a worse version of Dirk(clearly not this year) With the "decline" of Pau and KG I have nothing to say against Klove being the best PF in the game or close to.

vs OKC, Portland earlier this year, last game
@ Staples against the Lakers, against the Clippers, and a home game against Philly were the games of him I watched this year where I can recall him being late on rotations, not knowing who to deny on flash cuts(literally gave Jrue Holliday a layup in the 4th against Philly), and playing the pick and roll defense poorly. Again, it's not like any PF is playing both ends of the court anyway, but i heard a few people say Klove is the new KG, and that's just funny.

Edit - I see I didn't say a high BBIQ on the defensive end, in my original post that's what I meant to say.

Edited by serenityy, March 25, 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#1143 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:59 AM

You do know love is averaging over 4.1 on OR right? Last night he had 6 OR. if you're talking about rebounding that is.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, March 25, 2012 - 12:03 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1144 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Oh if it's defense, I'd have to agree with you. Overall Love is a great PF, but he's not much defensively. Then again, none of the top PFs in the game are any good on that end of the floor. Aldridge, Griffin, Nowitzki, Randolph, Amar'e and Pau off the top of my head, and all of them are terrible to below average defenders.

He's not KG on the defensive end, I don't think any PF in the league is comparable to a prime KG, but Love is their Garnett as far as leadership and intangibles are concerned. He's filled the void left by KG after he was gifted to Boston, which is something I don't think very many people were expecting at all.

He's a great passer, great on the boards, and can attack the basket and space the floor equally well. Aside from defense, I'd say the KG comparison is reasonable.

#1145 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:03 PM

I never really noticed that all of the top PF's are average to below average defenders

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:04 PM

^ Just like PGS!!! :D

yo.

#1147 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Oh if it's defense, I'd have to agree with you. Overall Love is a great PF, but he's not much defensively. Then again, none of the top PFs in the game are any good on that end of the floor. Aldridge, Griffin, Nowitzki, Randolph, Amar'e and Pau off the top of my head, and all of them are terrible to below average defenders.

He's not KG on the defensive end, I don't think any PF in the league is comparable to a prime KG, but Love is their Garnett as far as leadership and intangibles are concerned. He's filled the void left by KG after he was gifted to Boston, which is something I don't think very many people were expecting at all.

He's a great passer, great on the boards, and can attack the basket and space the floor equally well. Aside from defense, I'd say the KG comparison is reasonable.

From that stand point I can see the comparison. KG was on another level, so I don't think its completely fair to knock KLove in comparison, but then again its not unfair to do so. KLove, if he gets more help on the offensive end, may develop better fundamentals on the defensive end due to some energy conservation, and then, the comparisons will have great merit.

Tbh, there were a lot of PF's in NBA history that aren't known for their defense.

#1148 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:59 PM

From that stand point I can see the comparison. KG was on another level, so I don't think its completely fair to knock KLove in comparison, but then again its not unfair to do so. KLove, if he gets more help on the offensive end, may develop better fundamentals on the defensive end due to some energy conservation, and then, the comparisons will have great merit.

Tbh, there were a lot of PF's in NBA history that aren't known for their defense.

Agreed.

Posted Image

#1149 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted March 25, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Luke Walton was 3-4 from the field ad 1-1 from 3 today for 7 points. 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 TO's

26 mins

#1150 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:07 PM

Chris Broussard loves himself some Lebron James

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1151 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:08 PM

^ Just like PGS!!! :D

I noticed that most PG's aren't good defenders

#1152 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Perkins going to defend lebron if he does its going to be very physical

Perkins didn't shake lebrons hand before the game lol
Posted Image

#1153 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yah, Haslem does "always stand in there and take it." :shifty:

Edited by kfreud, March 25, 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#1154 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Fisher stinking it up for OKC just like he did for us :rock:

#1155 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:46 PM

fish lol
Posted Image

#1156 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Fisher stinking it up for OKC just like he did for us :rock:

It's only been a few games but he is shooting 21% for them. That's worst than when he was with the Lakers. He still has the ability to make clutch shots but it pains me to watch him play for OKC. Not because he left, but because he just isn't an effective PG anymore on either end of the floor.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 25, 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

#1157 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Jazz and Hawks going into their 3rd OT
Posted Image

#1158 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:07 PM

Wow. This Jazz- Hawks game is going into quadruple OT.

Posted Image

#1159 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:08 PM

Jazz and Hawks going into their 4th OT

fixed

Edited by Windu, March 25, 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1160 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:08 PM

Jazz and Hawks going into their 4 th OT and OKC just went on a crazy run
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic