#2081 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Japago it doesnt matter if the Rockets aave thw Knicks number they'll never see each other in the playoffs.

And waat do you mean the way the Knicks are playing won't mean anything in the playoffs like what are you basing this off the fact that the Knicks sucked the past 10 years, that means nothing and I don't even think the Knicks can beat Miami because of their two wins their just built specifically too beat the Heat.

They have smart PG's that never turn the ball over, multiple shooters, Melo who can match Lebron, a better bench, and multiple defensive bigs.

Plus the mental aspect of winning two wins in a row is so stuff I don't think their eentally tough enough especially if they make it the finals and play OKC or something who will be out for revenge.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, December 20, 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#2082 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,961 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Japago it doesnt matter if the Rockets aave thw Knicks number they'll never see each other in the playoffs.

And waat do you mean the way the Knicks are playing won't mean anything in the playoffs like what are you basing this off the fact that the Knicks sucked the past 10 years, that means nothing and I don't even think the Knicks can beat Miami because of their two wins their just built specifically too beat the Heat.

They have smart PG's that never turn the ball over, multiple shooters, Melo who can match Lebron, a better bench, and multiple defensive bigs.

Plus the mental aspect of winning two wins in a row is so stuff I don't think their eentally tough enough especially if they make it the finals and play OKC or something who will be out for revenge.

Lebron owned Melo during the postseason. I expect the same thing to happen again. Even in their 2 games this season, it was the other players stepping up who beat the Heat. Melo didn't play the first game and shot 10-28 in their other meeting.

In the postseason, star power rules over all. A few good role players help, but that's it. Throughout the course of the season, role players are more important. So, they may even be a better regular season team. But during big games, you're not going to keep Lebron, Wade, and Bosh down on a consistent basis. Teams like Dallas and Detroit winning championships is rare. Even those teams took advantage of teams they faced not having the chemistry. Now that the heavily talented Heat also have the chemistry, I think they'll dominate.

I see the same exact thing last season playing out. Raymond Felton and a few role players aren't going to make a big enough difference.

Posted Image

#2083 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Lebron owned Melo during the postseason. I expect the same thing to happen again. Even in their 2 games this season, it was the other players stepping up who beat the Heat. Melo didn't play the first game and shot 10-28 in their other meeting.

In the postseason, star power rules over all. A few good role players help, but that's it. Throughout the course of the season, role players are more important. So, they may even be a better regular season team. But during big games, you're not going to keep Lebron, Wade, and Bosh down on a consistent basis. Teams like Dallas and Detroit winning championships is rare. Even those teams took advantage of teams they faced not having the chemistry. Now that the heavily talented Heat also have the chemistry, I think they'll dominate.

I see the same exact thing last season playing out. Raymond Felton and a few role players aren't going to make a big enough difference.

I'm not gonna get too much into this because were talking about something that may happen in the future but you need to be corrected Lebron did not own Melo in the playoffs last year don't let the Miami Heat owning the Knicks effect your perception on their match up.

Melo dropped 30 plus in I think every game of the series with a 40 pointer and has historically not only out played Lebron but his teams have usually beaten Lebron.

#2084 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,817 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:24 PM

So your argument is last year's playoffs.....
lol nice try

#2085 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,961 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:31 PM

So your argument is last year's playoffs.....
lol nice try

It's relevant info. I don't think both teams have changed that much from last season.

The Knicks and Melo already looked this good last season as soon as Woodson replaced D'Antoni. They went 18-6 to end the season.

Posted Image

#2086 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:35 PM

It's relevant info. I don't think both teams have changed that much from last season.

The Knicks and Melo already looked this good last season as soon as Woodson replaced D'Antoni. They went 18-6 to end the season.

Nah the Knicks are a lot better and the Heat are playing worse your bugging last year even with Woodson they were a high TO team and a poor 3 point shooting team. Their offense is way better this year their Defense has stayed the same though, I think you should put more significance and consideration as to how big of a deal the mental side of repeating is.

And since you wanna use history look back the number of teams that actual repeat since the Celtics 60's dynasty is so small and there's a reason for it guys get complacent and that switch won't turn on.

#2087 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,817 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:56 PM

I think Jason Kidd's leadership is playing a big part in why the knicks are better this season

#2088 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,961 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:06 PM

We'll see, they just haven't looked that much different from last year to me. You win with star power in this league, and Melo is still the only true star they have. A'mare is far from that now. Their role players will help them win more regular season games, but won't push them over Miami.

One stat I'll give out is that they're still awful defending in transition.

http://probasketball...-cruise-to-win/

New York came into this game 27th in the NBA in points per possession allowed to the other team in transition. Which is a bad matchup with the Rockets who play at the NBA’s fastest pace (99.6 possessions per game, nearly two faster than second place Dallas).

Their older role players aren't going to make the difference on that end.

They're also only 16th in defensive efficiency, 1 spot below the Lakers.

Edited by Japago, December 20, 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

#2089 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,231 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well, I think you're wrong. I think they will win the championship very easily. If healthy, I don't think any team wins more than a game against them in a series.

I think Memphis rips them apart in a seven game series, lucky for Miami it is unlikely they will have to see the Grizz in the finals.

#2090 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,599 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:49 AM

Went to the BLazers/Nuggets game... got what I needed (lillard signed jersey) ... also got autos from gallinari, wilson chandler, and the rookie Evan.... I thought i had taken a Iggy card, but I didn't have it so I didn't get an auto from him :( haha

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#2091 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:01 AM

We'll see, they just haven't looked that much different from last year to me. You win with star power in this league, and Melo is still the only true star they have. A'mare is far from that now. Their role players will help them win more regular season games, but won't push them over Miami.

One stat I'll give out is that they're still awful defending in transition.

http://probasketball...-cruise-to-win/

Their older role players aren't going to make the difference on that end.

They're also only 16th in defensive efficiency, 1 spot below the Lakers.

One nobody has seen Amare play yet idk if he's done but your jumping to a conclusion that you can't prove. And what do you mean their role players are not gonna help them in the playoffs so Jason Kidd's leadership is gonna mean nothing, JR Smith's scoring is just gonna stop, Shumpert won't play good D, Novak won't hit any 3's.

Your whole argument is based off of things in the past like the Knicks being bad the last decade and assumptions that the Knicks role players will somehow fold for some reason in the playoffs when they have so much veterans barring injuries I don't see why these guys wouldn't play well in the post season.

Besides age(which I think is a good thing) and the fact that NY played bad last year in the playoffs you haven't gave one good reason why they stand no chance against Miami or one reason why Miami will steamroll everyone in the league if fully healthy.

#2092 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,961 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:42 AM

One nobody has seen Amare play yet idk if he's done but your jumping to a conclusion that you can't prove. And what do you mean their role players are not gonna help them in the playoffs so Jason Kidd's leadership is gonna mean nothing, JR Smith's scoring is just gonna stop, Shumpert won't play good D, Novak won't hit any 3's.

Your whole argument is based off of things in the past like the Knicks being bad the last decade and assumptions that the Knicks role players will somehow fold for some reason in the playoffs when they have so much veterans barring injuries I don't see why these guys wouldn't play well in the post season.

Besides age(which I think is a good thing) and the fact that NY played bad last year in the playoffs you haven't gave one good reason why they stand no chance against Miami or one reason why Miami will steamroll everyone in the league if fully healthy.

The Knicks' defense not being good(especially in transition) isn't a good argument as to why they won't beat Miami?

And, part of it is that Miami hasn't looked great so far this season. That said, I think it's foolish to think they don't have another gear they can reach.

You look into the past to look into the future. Based on the last few years, I think Miami has another gear. The players on the Miami team are still in their prime, so I don't think they're declining like the Lakers a few years ago after their back to back championships. Like it or not, some teams coast during the regular season. We've seen that a lot over the years. I think that's the case with Miami.

The Knicks are better at any point than they were last decade. Miami is just better than any team of last decade. We're talking about a team that has a guy who could go down as the greatest player ever, a guy who has already led a mediocre team to an NBA championship, and a top 20 player who would be at least the 2nd best player on most teams.

It's not about the Knicks being bad, it's about Miami being good.

Edited by Japago, December 21, 2012 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#2093 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,231 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Miami is just better than any team of last decade. We're talking about a team that has a guy who could go down as the greatest player ever, a guy who has already led a mediocre team to an NBA championship, and a top 20 player who would be at least the 2nd best player on most teams.

Hmmm thats definitely stretching it too far.

#2094 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,439 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Bulls beating the Knicks again, that defense is smothering the offense of the Knicks and causing them turnovers.

It's kind of funny how the Knicks look like "us" when they turnover the ball like we did when we were struggling. Let's see if they come back.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#2095 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,439 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:13 PM

23 point lead by the Bulls.

#2096 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,585 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Damn Knicks, first Melo get ejected than the Coach then Chandler about to fight Noah then both get ejected.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 21, 2012 - 06:49 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#2097 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:13 PM

Damn Knicks, first Melo get ejected than the Coach then Chandler about to fight Noah then both get ejected.

what happened?

#2098 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,439 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 08:13 PM

what happened?

Knicks were frustrated and Chandler picked a fight with Noah for no reason and got him thrown out(since he had a tech already) but the refs threw Chandler out too.

#2099 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,585 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Pistons should be starting Drummond. Dude is a beast, and I know he was going to be one. My fv upcoming Center.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#2100 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Lillard already better then most NBA point guards, and better then Nash.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users