#2001 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,495 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:10 AM

They're great enough to get away with that mindset. That mindset still has them among the best teams in the NBA.

I think people want to find something wrong with the Heat. Their mindset might make them a little more vulnerable, but it'll take a lot more than that to beat the Heat when it comes down to it. They're just better than everyone else. Anyone else playing with that mindset would be under .500.

yeah but the teams not playing with that mindset are beating the Heat.

Look at a team like New York. There's a reason they are blowing out the Heat.

They know how to defend them and exploit their weaknesses and are talented enough to not let them back into the games because of their defense and ability to exploit the Heat's defense to get themselves easy shots.

The same thing they did the last game. But the team didn't feel they had "anything to learn" and the Knicks just beat them the same way again WITHOUT Carmelo in the Heat's own building. I think it's pretty obvious that they ultimately WON'T get away with this mindset. Let them keep that "we're just better than everyone else" and "we don't have to play defense" mentality when they get to the playoffs when other teams are coming for their head and see how far it get's them :)

There's a reason Kobe hated when the majority of the team played with that type of mentality and when we got swept by Dallas, Kobe said "we been playing with fire for a long time, and we finally got what we deserved."

That is the kind of mentality Kobe has, he takes something from EVERY loss because he doesn't want it to come back and haunt them in the playoffs and he wants them entering the playoffs as complete a team as possible REGARDLESS of their talent.

Contrast that with how LeBron is leading. By laughing off losses and saying that losing to the Wizards, nearly losing to the Spurs 3rd and 4th stringers and getting blown out by the Knicks that there is "nothing to learn" from it.

If Lebron keeps that mentality and the Heat are following his example and leadership they WILL get exposed.

Bank on that.

Edited by Majesty, December 07, 2012 - 12:14 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2002 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2012 - 12:29 AM

yeah but the teams not playing with that mindset are beating the Heat.

Look at a team like New York. There's a reason they are blowing out the Heat.

They know how to defend them and exploit their weaknesses and are talented enough to not let them back into the games because of their defense and ability to exploit the Heat's defense to get themselves easy shots.

The same thing they did the last game. But the team didn't feel they had "anything to learn" and the Knicks just beat them the same way again WITHOUT Carmelo in the Heat's own building. I think it's pretty obvious that they ultimately WON'T get away with this mindset. Let them keep that "we're just better than everyone else" and "we don't have to play defense" mentality when they get to the playoffs when other teams are coming for their head and see how far it get's them :)

There's a reason Kobe hated when the majority of the team played with that type of mentality and when we got swept by Dallas, Kobe said "we been playing with fire for a long time, and we finally got what we deserved."

That is the kind of mentality Kobe has, he takes something from EVERY loss because he doesn't want it to come back and haunt them in the playoffs and he wants them entering the playoffs as complete a team as possible REGARDLESS of their talent.

Contrast that with how LeBron is leading. By laughing off losses and saying that losing to the Wizards, nearly losing to the Spurs 3rd and 4th stringers and getting blown out by the Knicks that there is "nothing to learn" from it.

If Lebron keeps that mentality and the Heat are following his example and leadership they WILL get exposed.

Bank on that.

Kobe and Pau declined in 2010-2011, that's why the Lakers were as bad they were in the post season. The Lakers looked much worse that season than the Heat do right now. The Heat don't have 2 3 game losing streaks, a 4 game losing streak, and a 5 game losing streak yet.

I think that mindset is ok to an extent. Because honestly, the Heat are that much better than everyone else. I think they would have had a much easier time in the postseason last year if Chris Bosh was healthy the whole time. The Heat were the best defensive team in the NBA last season, and I think they'll be able to get back to that at some point. They're main guys are still young. I think even Dwyane Wade still has enough left in the tank.

Keep in mind this might be the Heat at rock bottom. If it is, it is a very high rock bottom. They're still having a solid start to the season as a whole.

Posted Image

#2003 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,324 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 07, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Kobe and Pau declined in 2010-2011, that's why the Lakers were as bad they were in the post season. The Lakers looked much worse that season than the Heat do right now. The Heat don't have 2 3 game losing streaks, a 4 game losing streak, and a 5 game losing streak yet.

I think that mindset is ok to an extent. Because honestly, the Heat are that much better than everyone else. I think they would have had a much easier time in the postseason last year if Chris Bosh was healthy the whole time. The Heat were the best defensive team in the NBA last season, and I think they'll be able to get back to that at some point. They're main guys are still young. I think even Dwyane Wade still has enough left in the tank.

Keep in mind this might be the Heat at rock bottom. If it is, it is a very high rock bottom. They're still having a solid start to the season as a whole.

I agree that they will turn it around come playoff time and the Knicks won't keep up this shooting in May. Heat are lucky they may not have to face Memphis in the finals.

#2004 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,495 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:05 PM

I agree that they will turn it around come playoff time and the Knicks won't keep up this shooting in May. Heat are lucky they may not have to face Memphis in the finals.

The last time the Knicks beat the Heat people said "they won't keep this shooting up" and "it was a once in a lifetime performance and the Heat weren't trying."

Now the Knicks dominate the Heat again at home and people say "They won't keep this shooting up"

Anyone want to just admit the Knicks have the Heat's number and are beating down an overconfident Heat team? And that if the Heat stays this way they aren't gonna repeat.

#2005 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 01:17 PM

The last time the Knicks beat the Heat people said "they won't keep this shooting up" and "it was a once in a lifetime performance and the Heat weren't trying."

Now the Knicks dominate the Heat again at home and people say "They won't keep this shooting up"

Anyone want to just admit the Knicks have the Heat's number and are beating down an overconfident Heat team? And that if the Heat stays this way they aren't gonna repeat.

Yeah, the Heat lose 2 games and suddenly they have their number.

The regular season is all about adding up wins, nothing more. It's much different facing a team in the course of a season than in the playoffs when teams focus on a single team for a stretch of games.

The Bulls and the Celtics both dominated the Heat during the regular season in 2011. They both got beat down in 5 games. The Celtics owned the regular season series against them last year too and couldn't beat them in the playoffs even though they were missing Chris Bosh for most of the series.

Edited by Japago, December 07, 2012 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image

#2006 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,495 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yeah, the Heat lose 2 games and suddenly they have their number.

The regular season is all about adding up wins, nothing more. It's much different facing a team in the course of a season than in the playoffs when teams focus on a single team for a stretch of games.

The Bulls and the Celtics both dominated the Heat during the regular season in 2011. They both got beat down in 5 games. The Celtics owned the regular season series against them last year too and couldn't beat them in the playoffs even though they were missing Chris Bosh for most of the series.

they've beaten the Heat twice by 20 by taking advantage of the Heat's weaknesses which play directly into their playstyle and you say they don't have the Heat's number..... sigh...

Edited by Majesty, December 07, 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#2007 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:01 PM

they've beaten the Heat twice by 20 by taking advantage of the Heat's weaknesses which play directly into their playstyle and you say they don't have the Heat's number..... sigh...

Yeah, they're playing better than the Heat right now. But, the Heat are still very good and it's early. That's all I'm saying. I'm confident that the Heat will be better come playoff time.

Edited by Japago, December 07, 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

#2008 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 08, 2012 - 03:26 PM

anyone got a link to that Knicks a Heat full game?

#2009 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Clippers win another, GS should be able to handle Washington, and the Lakers just continue to fall in the standings :clap2: :(

#2010 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Brandon Jennings is schoolin' D-Will. :laughing:

Posted Image

#2011 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:32 PM

Brandon Jennings is schoolin' D-Will. :laughing:

Jennings >
Posted Image

#2012 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:27 AM

:laughing:

#2013 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Jrue Holiday is definitely one of my favorite PG's he's having a career year

#2014 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Can't wait for this damn Brooklyn/New York game! Gonna have that on the TV & the Lakers game on the computer.
Posted Image

#2015 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Clippers win another, Lakers now 6 1/2 games behind them and 5 1/2 behind GS. Lakers do love to dig holes a lot.

#2016 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Brookyln/New York game was amazing. Paid more attention to that than the Lakers game.
Posted Image

#2017 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:45 AM

Brookyln/New York game was amazing. Paid more attention to that than the Lakers game.

Didnt watch the Laker game the Nets/Knicks game wastoo poppin, and I agrree with Majesty I think the Knicks beat Mia this year their built for the Heat if you look at their personnel. All the defensive bigs, low turnover PGs, Melo matching Lebron, the shooters, and deep bench ppl need to accept NYK is forreal and can win this whole thing.

#2018 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 12, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Said right in the beginning Knicks>Heat

#2019 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:08 PM

To add insult to injury for the Lakers' troubles, Golden State keeps winning. They just beat Miami.

I think Golden State will fall back to earth, but the Lakers might dig themselves too big of a hole to even finish 2nd in the division.

Posted Image

#2020 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted December 12, 2012 - 07:29 PM

The Warriors are def surprising me I don't think they keep it up but I gotta give them credit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users