#1981 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Lol Novak doing Aaron Rodgers touchdown dance.
htCCl0m.png

#1982 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,126 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:42 PM

DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK :rock:

#1983 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:45 PM

New York wrecking Miami.

New York is coming off a back to back where they went tooth and nail with the Bobcats. Came into Miami's hometown and blew them out...

Like I been saying about Miami all year they haven't been looking good. They been winning by the skin of their teeth against teams they shouldn't and are one of the worst in the league defensively. Tonight it all culminates after losing to the Wizards that they come in with a chip on their shoulders and got destroyed by the Knicks WITHOUT Carmelo or Amare.. and when Amar'e comes back he'll be coming off the bench for them.

Yeah perhaps the Knicks are a team in the East to worry about. Miami got brought down to reality tonight.

They aren't repeating if they keep playing defense like they have been.

Edited by Majesty, December 06, 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1984 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Anybody get the feeling Knicks will destroy us next week? Our perimeter defense is garbage and they basically have four Meeks on their team.

#1985 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Anybody get the feeling Knicks will destroy us next week? Our perimeter defense is garbage and they basically have four Meeks on their team.

No. Miami has no one on their team on the inside as dominant as Howard on the defensive end and Miami has to switch a lot and leave perimeter players open.

Our perimeter defense is top in the league and we're one of 4 teams in the league top 10 in offense and defense.

Where did you get the idea we were a bad defensive team? :smh:

#1986 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:53 PM

No. Miami has no one on their team on the inside as dominant as Howard on the defensive end and Miami has to switch a lot and leave perimeter players open.

Our perimeter defense is top in the league and we're one of 4 teams in the league top 10 in offense and defense.

Where did you get the idea we were a bad defensive team? :smh:

My mistake, I guess the quick reactions of our posters during gameday threads make our defense seem worse.

#1987 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:57 PM

My mistake, I guess the quick reactions of our posters during gameday threads make our defense seem worse.

Ah I see. Well those are the types of people that say "stats dont matter" when you point out that Kobe is one of the top 3 defensive players of the league this year statistically and they'll tell you it has everything to do with Dwight despite the fact that Dwight has nothing to do with our perimeter defense >_>

We lose because of our turnovers because Nash isn't running the offense as that is where the majority of our opponents points come off of :) Turnovers and second chance points :) So when we consistently get turnovers down it's gonna be a lot harder.

So chances are we only to New York if we have a lot of turnovers and don't go after the boards. Other than that it should be a close game that we should pull away from in the end. Other factors have to go in like players playing well but if we rebound well and don't have a bunch of turnovers we should be fine.

#1988 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Thats crazy the suns are doing a Satisfaction Guanteed night.... [expletive] it i'd buy the most expensive tickets available and ask for my money back lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1989 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Why are the Nash less Suns on national TV?
htCCl0m.png

#1990 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:05 PM

I do we haven't been good on the road and the Knicks have been amazing at home, shot I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us on Xmas as well. I m not gonna even front but watching Knicks games are way more entertaining than Laker games right now.

#1991 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Why are the Nash less Suns on national TV?

Nevermind that, why are we watching the Mavericks again?

#1992 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:23 PM

double..header?

Edited by Majesty, December 06, 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#1993 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:25 PM

That was a great game from the Knicks tonight against the Heat...sheesh lol.

#1994 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 06, 2012 - 08:49 PM

And everyone was laughing at me when I said Knicks > Miami

#1995 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Damn look how empty the place looks lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1996 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 06, 2012 - 10:44 PM

The Heat are the defending champions and are number 2 in the east. They only have 2 more losses than the team with the best record in the NBA. They'll be fine.

They just need to avoid running their big 3 into the ground before the playoffs begin. If they're healthy when the playoffs begin, nobody is beating them.

Posted Image

#1997 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 10:57 PM

The Heat are the defending champions and are number 2 in the east. They only have 2 more losses than the team with the best record in the NBA. They'll be fine.

They just need to avoid running their big 3 into the ground before the playoffs begin. If they're healthy when the playoffs begin, nobody is beating them.

If Miami has this attitude going into the playoffs they will get beat. The Knicks are more than capable of beating them as they showed already twice, Boston can once they get things together, in the West there are several teams that would give them fits inside in particular. San Antonio, Memphis, OKC, and both L.A. teams.
htCCl0m.png

#1998 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:10 PM

If Miami has this attitude going into the playoffs they will get beat. The Knicks are more than capable of beating them as they showed already twice, Boston can once they get things together, in the West there are several teams that would give them fits inside in particular. San Antonio, Memphis, OKC, and both L.A. teams.

I think it's actually a good sign that they're not too far from having the best record and they haven't played anywhere near the basketball they are capable of. All teams go through ruts. But, great ones are able to win games even when going through those ruts.

The Heat have their flaws like all teams do, but their strengths easily outweigh their flaws. They managed to the championship even while missing a player like Chris Bosh for a big portion of the playoffs. They beat Indiana(the biggest team) without Chris Bosh. I don't think their lack of size will matter in the end.

Posted Image

#1999 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:42 PM

I think it's actually a good sign that they're not too far from having the best record and they haven't played anywhere near the basketball they are capable of. All teams go through ruts. But, great ones are able to win games even when going through those ruts.

The Heat have their flaws like all teams do, but their strengths easily outweigh their flaws. They managed to the championship even while missing a player like Chris Bosh for a big portion of the playoffs. They beat Indiana(the biggest team) without Chris Bosh. I don't think their lack of size will matter in the end.

yeah but this is a bit different. The Heat have been getting bailed out by last second heroics or Ray Allen and haven't tried to change anything nor learn anything. Even when they lost to the Wizards LeBron said there was "nothing to learn" and to just go to the next loss.

Their philosophy is the 'switch' philosophy. Them winning these close games and not taking anything from them catches up to them when they play a team that can exploit them and their "hero" shots don't fall down.

Miami should actually have 4 more losses than they do. The problem is they were bailed out which you can say "proves great teams can do it" but the fact of the matter is they took nothing from those losses and haven't improved as a team at all in the least, each flaw is still there and obviously not worked on. If they keep "not learning" from their losses to the point their leader even feels like they can "take nothing" from the loss to the Wizards and that there is "nothing to work on" afterwards... that's the wrong mentality.

The Heat are acting like their team is talented enough that when they lose there's nothing to learn because they are gonna win it all anyway and that is the wrong mentality to have. They are playing with overconfidence that another championship or another shot to the finals is ensured and they play with such.

You can tell when LeBron and them were even laughing while getting blown out by the Knicks like "eh it's just their night, we'll beat them eventually cause we're the better team."

If they keep thinking like that, they're gonna get an early exit from the playoffs.

They are playing with fire, and when their shots AREN'T falling, their lack of defense causes stuff like this to happen.

Say what you will about the Lakers losses, they take each one hard and try to work on things in the next game and are trying to find consistency. The Heat are playing with a "we'll win anyway" mentality and passiveness that will NOT get them repeating.

You'd think that losing to the Wizards would wake you up. But nope, they let a New York Knicks team coming off a back to back tooth and nail fight against the Bobcats, without Carmelo Anthony against a well rested Miami team and blew them out on their homecourt and the Heat....were laughing about it.....

That says enough.

They're overconfident because they are the champions and think the East is gonna be a cakewalk for them like last year because they added additional three point shooters. So they slack on defense and are trying to play like they can flick a switch against any team and destroy them.

Nearly losing to a Spurs team of 3rd and 4th stringers, getting beat by the Wizards and massacred by the Knicks(all at home) you'd think they would get the memo. But nope, look to their leader who is laughing off losses and saying there is "nothing to learn" from them.

Yeah... Lebron keep thinking that... then when you lose the analysts can give you an excuse your team was "too overconfident and will put it together next year and play with a chip on their shoulder and LeBron will be 'even scarier' " since you know if they lose that's going to be the case and you can even say it at the first game of the next season with "We were too overconfident. You know we had to realize that people aren't just gonna hand it to us. It was my first year defending a championship and the heartbreak of that loss taught me what it means to be a champion. You gotta keep working." Then the media can say "LeBron is finally ready again!"

Since that is EXACTLY how it's going to go if they lose this year.

Wrong mentality guys..wrong mentality.

Edited by Majesty, December 06, 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#2000 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:53 PM

yeah but this is a bit different. The Heat have been getting bailed out by last second heroics or Ray Allen and haven't tried to change anything nor learn anything. Even when they lost to the Wizards LeBron said there was "nothing to learn" and to just go to the next loss.

Their philosophy is the 'switch' philosophy. Them winning these close games and not taking anything from them catches up to them when they play a team that can exploit them and their "hero" shots don't fall down.

Miami should actually have 4 more losses than they do. The problem is they were bailed out which you can say "proves great teams can do it" but the fact of the matter is they took nothing from those losses and haven't improved as a team at all in the least, each flaw is still there and obviously not worked on. If they keep "not learning" from their losses to the point their leader even feels like they can "take nothing" from the loss to the Wizards and that there is "nothing to work on" afterwards... that's the wrong mentality.

The Heat are acting like their team is talented enough that when they lose their's nothing to learn because they are gonna win it all anyway and that is the wrong mentality to have. They are playing with overconfidence that another championship or another shot to the finals is ensured and they play with such.

You can tell when LeBron and them were even laughing while getting blown out by the Knicks like "eh it's just their night, we'll beat them eventually cause we're the better team."

If they keep thinking like that, they're gonna get an early exit from the playoffs.

They are playing with fire, and when their shots AREN'T falling, their lack of defense causes stuff like this to happen.

Say what you will about the Lakers losses, they take each one hard and try to work on things in the next game and are trying to find consistency. The Heat are playing with a "we'll win anyway" mentality and passiveness that will NOT get them repeating.

You'd think that losing to the Wizards would wake you up. But nope, they let a New York Knicks team coming off a back to back tooth and nail fight against the Bobcats, without Carmelo Anthony against a well rested Miami team and blew them out on their homecourt and the Heat....were laughing about it.....

That says enough.

They're great enough to get away with that mindset. That mindset still has them among the best teams in the NBA.

I think people want to find something wrong with the Heat. Their mindset might make them a little more vulnerable, but it'll take a lot more than that to beat the Heat when it comes down to it. They're just better than everyone else. Anyone else playing with that mindset would be under .500.

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users