• Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#1061 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Honestly, the second dunk Blake Griffin had was the biggest stiff arm in NFL history....
AND THE REF WAS RIGHT THERE!

LOL! Bynum's reaction is priceless!

i know anyone with some jumping ability could do that if they stiff armed. Such a offensive.

#1062 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,069 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:31 PM

The Lakers next three games are: vs Houston, @NO and @PHO

The Lakers absolutely need to win those three games to maintain the three seed over the Clippers.

The Clippers next three games are: @SAC, vs SAC and @MEM

#1063 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:34 PM

good win tonight.

#1064 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:38 PM

Sessions - 16 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 steals
Kobe - 31 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists
Drew - 36 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks
Pau - 12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks (Also locked down Blake Griffin)

Posted Image

#1065 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:39 PM

anyone have the picture of one of the most blatant un called offensive fouls of the year?
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#1066 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Both dunks could have been call offensive fouls
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#1067 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Is anyone else surprised that no one has put Griffin in the hospital yet? He might be one of the dirtiest players in the league, and he spends a lot of time exposed in the air. It's fairly simple to undercut a guy and make him land on his head. You can even make it look accidental if you want. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can put up with him for a whole playoff series. If the officials aren't going to reign him in, and they obviously aren't, then I think it's only a matter of time before someone teaches him an etiquette lesson. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet.

#1068 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:55 PM

refs letting him do what he wants and he knows it. Totally unfair advantage.
Posted Image

#1069 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Griffin is just asking to get injured with all his flopping and flailing of his arms. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

For example, Griffin's barrel roll after he gets hit hard by Jason Smith. You're a 6'10" 250-260 pound dude. Is that barrel roll really [expletive]ing necessary? Dude has to expect hard fouls on him when he goes up so damn strong for his dunks etc. Dude is getting on my last [expletive]ing nerves the way he stares down refs like they owe him something every time he has the damn ball.

#1070 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Sixth straight game where we've squandered at least a 12 point lead. Think about it...

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1071 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,439 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:02 PM

We survived.

#1072 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Did you guys notice how Kobe let the offense come to him ? He didn't force the ball in the 4th and really let Sessions orchestrate on offense. I liked it. First I thought he's playing WAY too passive, but that clutch shot made up for his passiveness :laughing:

Yes he played the way this team needs him to. Shots were well balanced and it saved Kobe's energy for the latter part of the game. Sessions needs to be aggressive like that even at the end of the game.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#1073 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

Clippers Season Ticket Holder

• 580 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Magic

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Offensive foul? Lol. #1 both were in the air and pau did not jump straight up. #2 pau was in the restricted area.

great game, disappointing loss.

#1074 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yes he played the way this team needs him to. Shots were well balanced and it saved Kobe's energy for the latter part of the game. Sessions needs to be aggressive like that even at the end of the game.

I admit it, I'm one of the guys who complains about the way Kobe frequently plays... but he played a fantastic game tonight. I don't remember him taking very many, if any, long shots against double and triple teams. Those are the really bad shots he's been taking too many of. Nor he did he hold the ball for 15 seconds very often. He either made a decisive move before help arrived, or drew it and moved the ball.

If he plays like that every night, and someone tells the Lakers that boxing out is legal, they can beat anyone in a series. Well, probably not San Antonio, only because Brown versus Popovich is going to be a nightmare.

#1075 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Offensive foul? Lol. #1 both were in the air and pau did not jump straight up. #2 pau was in the restricted area.

"The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot."
- http://www.nba.com/n...stood_0708.html

The restricted area is moot here. The offensive player cannot club the defender in the earhole with his elbow. That's pretty basic.

Also, a player cannot jump through an opponent to get a rebound. It matters not if the opponent is in the air. You can go around, under, or over your opponent, but you can't go through him like Griffin did. That's a foul.

Both plays were egregious, and dangerous, fouls by Griffin. He's going to hurt someone, or someone is going to get fed up and hurt him, if officials don't start doing their job ( a very long shot, I realize ).

#1076 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 10:47 PM

"The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot."
- http://www.nba.com/n...stood_0708.html

The restricted area is moot here. The offensive player cannot club the defender in the earhole with his elbow. That's pretty basic.

Also, a player cannot jump through an opponent to get a rebound. It matters not if the opponent is in the air. You can go around, under, or over your opponent, but you can't go through him like Griffin did. That's a foul.

Both plays were egregious, and dangerous, fouls by Griffin. He's going to hurt someone, or someone is going to get fed up and hurt him, if officials don't start doing their job ( a very long shot, I realize ).

same site you posted.

Forearm Fouls:
A defender may not be in contact with an extended forearm to an offensive player with the ball at any time above the free throw line extended
. Below the free throw line extended and outside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm to the back/side of an opponent with the ball to maintain his legally obtained position. Inside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm at anytime to maintain his position against a payer with the ball. At no time may the forearm be used to dislodge, reroute or impede the offensive player.

#1077 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 04, 2012 - 11:32 PM

same site you posted.

Forearm Fouls:
A defender may not be in contact with an extended forearm to an offensive player with the ball at any time above the free throw line extended
. Below the free throw line extended and outside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm to the back/side of an opponent with the ball to maintain his legally obtained position. Inside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm at anytime to maintain his position against a payer with the ball. At no time may the forearm be used to dislodge, reroute or impede the offensive player.

Slight misinterpretation here. An extended forearm is basically what post-defenders use when a guy is backing them down. It's used as leverage. Pau didn't have an extended forearm, he was going up for a contest before Griffin pushed off his face, grabbed his shoulder and used it as leverage. An extended forearm would be like:

Posted Image

LeBron isn't backing him all the way down yet, but Barea has extended the arm out. If LeBron backs further, Barea contracts the arm and uses it to brace himself and maintain position.

Posted Image

Here Kobe has his arm locked in kind of an awkward position, forearm should be squarely on LeBron's lower back/side on a typical post-up. Maybe they were getting into position while this photo was taken.

Griffin used his off arm to push off Pau's face (which is an offensive foul), then used his shoulder for leverage, which would be another foul. It's a clear offensive foul. Pau was going up for a clean contest before Griffin basically smashed his face with a forearm.

#1078 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

• 580 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 11:48 PM

well put. too bad the league's about dunks now and everyone wants to see a nice smash. blake griffin or whomever, the offensive player has the benefit of the doubt.

#1079 Trev

Trev

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:Today
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted April 05, 2012 - 12:15 AM

wow L.A.K.E.R I wasn't watching the game with the clipper announcers. Can't stand those guys so biased its embarrassing. I don't know how to you can watch a blatant foul in slow motion and act like its the dunk of the year. He did the same with Perkins, clear offensive foul.

He does the same thing every time, a big dunk with his right while his left clears out the defenders arms and uses it to keep himself in the air.

On a side note, I liked how bynum ran 5 yards to go for that 3. I thought he may have gotten fouled on it but they hate calling end of the quarter fouls on tough shots.

#1080 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, wilt,kareem

Posted April 05, 2012 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users