• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#661 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 31, 2012 - 02:57 PM

Glock doesn't play because brown said he's to small for defense. He's not coming into the rotation anytime soon.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

• 40,385 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 02:59 PM

Okay, so he's too small for defense, too inexperienced, injured and in a slump, can't shoot the 3 like Blake (& less range), and can't create his own shot like Blake, anything else?

yo.

#663 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image

#664 shooterdp33

shooterdp33

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:16 PM

We won nikkkkaaaaa

#665 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,940 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:21 PM

he was 2-19 when taking that shot...

he is made of something diffrent...

#666 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,922 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thats the 2nd Kobe Gamewinner I witnessed in person. :rock:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#667 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just got back home from the game and the best part were the chorus of boos from the crowd when the Lakers routinely dug themselves that 10 point deficit.. [expletive] was so loud I found it more entertaining than the game hahaha.

Edited by jd85, March 31, 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#668 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,092 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 31, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Kobe as usual can miss 99 shots and make the 1 that counts.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#669 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,092 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Look at Ariza at :46 seconds.

He was happy that Kobe hit the gamewinner on his team!!

I think he wants to come back .

#670 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,092 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 07:17 PM

Everyone saying how this win meant nothing how many shots the Hornets missed. Kobe missed every shot he took for 3 quarters, and he made it when it counted the Hornet's didn't, end of story.

This kind of game can really bring out fake Laker fans. Wins can be won or lost easily or hard, what matters is you have what it takes to finish wins if one team brings their A+++ game and your team is stuck in C mode for the day, what matters is that you won.

Its hilarious how people complained Kobe got the ball in the final play that WON us the game.

Some Laker "fans" tickle me sometimes. I think a majority of you are just looking for a reason to complain nowadays.

#671 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,431 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Everyone saying how this win meant nothing how many shots the Hornets missed. Kobe missed every shot he took for 3 quarters, and he made it when it counted the Hornet's didn't, end of story.

This kind of game can really bring out fake Laker fans. Wins can be won or lost easily or hard, what matters is you have what it takes to finish wins if one team brings their A+++ game and your team is stuck in C mode for the day, what matters is that you won.

Its hilarious how people complained Kobe got the ball in the final play that WON us the game.

Some Laker "fans" tickle me sometimes. I think a majority of you are just looking for a reason to complain nowadays.

I don't want to celebrate this win. It's nothing to be proud of. We played a Hornets team missing several key starters, and barely squeezed out the game because Kobe jacked up a three and made it. Vasquez missed an open three, and Jack blew an open layup.

Please don't understate Kobe's horrific 3-21 game. They deserve to be called out for this performance.

• 40,385 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:30 PM

^ Bravo, bravo. :clap2:

yo.

#673 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 01, 2012 - 12:32 AM

We just barely beat a team missing a few starters and with one of the worst records in the league. Hardly something to be proud of. We shouldn't struggle so mightily against such an undermanned squad.

#674 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,092 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 05:14 AM

We just barely beat a team missing a few starters and with one of the worst records in the league. Hardly something to be proud of. We shouldn't struggle so mightily against such an undermanned squad.

Teams have bad games, and have off games. It happens. You can't expect the Lakers to be flawless each time they step out on the court. I take good games and bad games, there's no such thing as a "bad win".

Let's not neglect that Kobe had the worst shooting performance of his career since 1998 and we still won.

Gasol actually stepped up, Sessions had a double double, Blake had a pulse.

A lot of good things happened in this game too. We held the Hornets to 85 points which is good.

Our only real problem this game was that Kobe could not make a field goal until the 4th quarter, he has NEVER done that bad since 1998 at 20 minutes or more in the game played. Yet we still won.

We of course were gonna struggle as far as that goes.

Do I even need to freaking mention that 2 games ago the Spurs also struggled with the Hornets only beating them by 3 as well? But the Spurs are well respected and primed for the playoffs when they do it, when we do it when our star player doesn't score till the 4th we're terrible?

Like I said, people just look to complain, these Hornets have been in most of these games they've lost recently. In their last 10 losses before today they only lose by an average of 7.4 points. So they've been in it.

Let's not act like every team in this league has been blowing them out, their last 10 losses have been an average of 7.4 points so close games have been their thing lately.

The fact of the matter is, our defense showed up again this game, after being basically invisible where we'd be allowing too many points.

If I told you

"Hornet's have been playing teams closely lately and they always play well against the Lakers, but in this game Kobe is gonna be scoreless for 3 quarters and have his worst shooting performance since 1998."

You would assume the Hornets were probably gonna win in this trap game.

And let me ask you this, would you rather Kobe have a great shooting performance, his teammates don't play well, and he MISSES the gamewinner?

Or would you rather Kobe have a terrible shooting performance, his teammates step up, and he MAKES the gamewinner?

You'll choose the second option. Why? Because we win in that scenario. And that's all it should ever come down to, we WIN. Doesn't matter how but that we won.

Sometimes it doesn't matter what kind of performance a team has when all that matters if down the stretch they can do the necessary things to win the game. You can say all you want "we shouldn't have been down against this team" guess what, it happens, we came back and won instead of packing it in.

That's the more important thing.

I would MUCH rather the Lakers fight back against a team like the Hornets and win, than pack it in or play lackadaisical to the point its out of reach when they start trying(like the Pistons and Wizards game).

This was a good win for us, no matter how you try to spin it. Spurs struggled with the Hornets too and I don't see anyone saying they aren't primed for the playoffs. But we have a close game and its "oh my god this team is a first round loser OMG!!!!"

Spoiled fans. Never have I ever seen fans blow up wins and losses extremely out of proportion on both negative and positive sides. Kobe hits a gamewinner and fans complain.

Typical nowadays. With the way you guys complain about every win and "how" we do it I'm starting to think a majority of you just want us to lose so you can complain.

Maybe that can explain why there's only 5 people in a thread when we're winning easily, and then 20 pop in when we start to struggle.

ya'll shouldn't be boo'ing the Lakers, you should be boo'ing yourselves.

Edited by Majesty, April 01, 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#675 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted April 01, 2012 - 11:18 AM

After saying all of that do you believe we can beat OKC in a seven game series and go to the finals? I love the lakers with all my heart but we don't have a chance in hell. It's not that we don't blow every team out. Everyone struggles. But it's the fact that we haven't convincingly won against a elite team this season. We have wayyyy too many holes in our roster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users