Photo

Oklahoma City at LA Lakers

• Please log in to reply
1065 replies to this topic

#1021 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,130 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:13 PM

28% shooting for Kobe tonight? only 32 off 50. I wonder when Kobe's gonna' shoot at least 43% or higher again. Someone told me recently it was against Dallas last time, but it sure feels like much longer.

Last time this team played really well was against Dallas. Gasol specifically. Gasol hasn't really had a GOOD game like that since then and it ain't like he isn't being set up for those same shots. He is, he just isn't hitting. And defensively he has no rebounding efforts, offensively either. We need effort on the glass by more than just Bynum if we're gonna be effective. We were GREAT at stopping OKC on the first shot and even sometimes on the second shot but NOT getting the rebounds is key to our demise there.

Someone needs to get into Gasol's ear about that.

The one factor everyone is ignoring is that Gasol got into foul trouble 2 minutes into the 3rd Quarter and had to sit the entire quarter after that.

Edited by Majesty, March 29, 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1022 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Kobe 7-25, ugh. I knew before this game started Kobe just isn't "Kobe" anymore. We have to get Bynum more touches and more shots than 15 because he's our best bet offensively. Sessions is now back to earth and hopefully he can pick it up again. He needs to assert himself, because he's hardly doing anything on the floor these past two games.

OKC showed tonight and against Miami they're not messing around. Hopefully they can steal that Championship from Miami!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#1023 extavia

extavia

Rookie

• 27 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Kobe's too old. He only plays well in the first quarter. He starts the game with 5-10. then next 3 quarters hes 2-15. It's been like this the entire year.
Lakers problems this year has been:

1. Coaching
2. Bench production
3. Kobe shotjacking this year. 41% after this game.
4. Bynums childish antics, dominant this year, but has stop rebounding since fish has been traded. and not to mention he's turnover prone. and takes up 12 secs off the shotclock every possesion.
5. Pau plays soft against good teams.
6. our team just can't guard against pointguards, they always have record nights against the lakers.

• 40,604 posts

why arent u guys spying on a thunder forum? scared to check cuz we lost? awwwwwww

Dude, no offense, but are you like bitter or something over all the crap you've gotten' from many here on your Blazers (your fav. team outside of the Lakers) are best in the West thread?

yo.

#1025 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Dude, no offense, but are you like bitter or something over all the crap you've gotten' from many here on your Blazers (your fav. team outside of the Lakers) are best in the West thread?

It's annoying.

Posted Image

#1026 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,584 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Fine Murphy $500 per shot attempt and MWP $2000 every bad shot.

Fine Bynum $1000 every time he doesn't hustle back and allows a transition basket.

Fine the entire team $100 every time somebody is out-hustled for an offensive rebound/loose ball.

The entire [expletive]ing team would be bankrupt by the time the season was over.

Fine Pau $300 every time the ball is slapped out of his hands.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

• 40,604 posts

Kobe's too old. He only plays well in the first quarter. He starts the game with 5-10. then next 3 quarters hes 2-15. It's been like this the entire year.

I'm honestly shocked it's even still that high. I would've thought it'd dipped by now way more dramatically, but it's continuing to, surely.

yo.

#1028 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Fine Pau $300 every time the ball is slapped out of his hands.

We'd be effectively paying him nothing in that case, luxury tax included.

#1029 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:15 PM

No hard screens are one reason. Sessions is a P&R point guard, when you set screens for him good things happen. Only Gasol and McRoberts set consistent screens for him. Kobe only sets halfhearted "pass to me" screens.

That needs to change.

I think mcroberts sets good screens. Pau is off and on. Some screens he just puts a leg out, others he sets them correctly. Bynum is horrible at it and Kobe is also pretty bad. Barnes is the best screen setter on the team

Sessions still needs to assert himself. He has a ton of talent and ability but is allowing himself to be Blake. Walk up and post entry pass. He needs to demand a screen and use it
Posted Image

#1030 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,130 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Gasol 13 points 6 rebounds in a 9 point loss.

NOT gonna get it done Gasol we need Gasol to get 12 rebounds consistently. 6 more rebounds by Gasol changes the game today.

• 40,604 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sessions is now back to earth and hopefully he can pick it up again. He needs to assert himself, because he's hardly doing anything on the floor these past two games.

C'mon man, act like it's all on him. A lot of it is not his fault. It's some of his teammates around him, lineups that he's in there with and the coaching staff not running more things for him. Also in particular, they've completely taken his best running mate Barnes away from him. They never seem to play together anymore. So stupid.

yo.

#1032 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Lakers problems this year has been:

1. Coaching
2. Bench production
4. Bynums childish antics, dominant this year, but has stop rebounding since fish has been traded. and not to mention he's turnover prone. and takes up 12 secs off the shotclock every possesion.
5. Pau plays soft against good teams.
6. our team just can't guard against pointguards, they always have record nights against the lakers.

thats not bad for a 3rd place team. I thought you were talking about the bobcats with those list you have.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#1033 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,549 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:18 PM

The one factor everyone is ignoring is that Gasol got into foul trouble 2 minutes into the 3rd Quarter and had to sit the entire quarter after that.

Nah I remember that he got three quick fouls and we had to rely on Murphy who gave us nothing.

#1034 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,434 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Stopping players like westbrook takes a team effort, period. OKC sets screens for him and our bigs have to help. Drew doesn't come over to block enough shots, Pau doesn't play weak side defense, perimeter players get hung up on screens, no boxing out, etc. This team just won't contend if they continue to play lackadaisical and defend the way they do. It's almost like they expect opposing players to just miss shots without them having to put effort into it.

It's absolutely disgusting to watch this team play like this.

I feel this way tonight. Andrew had solid numbers. he just didn't dominate the way he's capable of ( but no laker did)

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1035 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

28% shooting for Kobe tonight? only 32 off 50. I wonder when Kobe's gonna' shoot at least 43% or higher again. Someone told me recently it was against Dallas last time, but it sure feels like much longer.

He didn't shoot no damn 50 Times tonight

Lame ass Troll
Free The Wave

#1036 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Kobe 7-25, ugh. I knew before this game started Kobe just isn't "Kobe" anymore. We have to get Bynum more touches and more shots than 15 because he's our best bet offensively. Sessions is now back to earth and hopefully he can pick it up again. He needs to assert himself, because he's hardly doing anything on the floor these past two games.

OKC showed tonight and against Miami they're not messing around. Hopefully they can steal that Championship from Miami!

Kobe can't be Kobe with the ball in his hands. But off the ball he can. Dribbling just takes to much energy and he can't create space dribbling. He needs to have space created for him off of screens
Posted Image

#1037 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

haha
Posted Image

#1038 extavia

extavia

Rookie

• 27 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

I really hate Mike Brown's offense, he likes to show the Lakers offensive scehemes/plans in the 1st quarter. After then other team fixes their defense then its game over for us. After the 1st quarter, the lakers just go to iso game for the next 3 quarters. That's why we've been blowing too many big leads this year.

#1039 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,130 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:20 PM

C'mon man, act like it's all on him. A lot of it is not his fault. It's some of his teammates around him, lineups that he's in there with and the coaching staff not running more things for him. Also in particular, they've completely taken his best running mate Barnes away from him. They never seem to play together anymore. So stupid.

you're the guys that wanted Sessions to start.

Lakers played great against Dallas last for a reason.

Sessions finished the first quarter, played a majority of the second, finished the 3rd and played the entire 4th. That was getting the bench going along with Barnes and others. When the lineup with Barnes out there is usually with Kobe. And Kobe never passes him the ball when triple teamed. Bench mob had something great with Sessions A) cause Kobe was sitting and B) more people got involved.

Put Sessions back on getting the bench involved and profit.

#1040 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Kobe can't be Kobe with the ball in his hands. But off the ball he can. Dribbling just takes to much energy and he can't create space dribbling. He needs to have space created for him off of screens

Exactly why he was so efficient and working within the offense earlier this year. He's ball stopping now and it's screwing everything up.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users