Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:01 PM

I love sessions so much :cry:
To Live and Die in L.A

#543 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sessions looks like he has been poked in the eye.

I have what he has in my left eye. Not sure exactly what it is but I have glaucoma and have had surgery on mine.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#544 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:04 PM

I love sessions so much :cry:

:cry: He makes me have this fuzzy feeling inside.

#545 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ron's dunk on Hickson:

Posted Image

#546 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:05 PM

we traded luke and kapono with a late first for a guy who can put up 20 points, 11 assists and 6 rebounds

lol

maybe stern did step in with the beasley trade so the lakers didn't become unfair
Posted Image

#547 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Sessions as a Laker:
136 minutes (27.2 mpg) 23/40 (57.5 FG%) 5/10 (50.0 3pt FG%) 68 points (13.6 ppg) 35 ast (7 apg) 19 reb (3.8 rpg) 3 stl (.6 spg)
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#548 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Lost in this Sessions love is the fact Bynum has 28 points. 

didn't he average 28ppg a week ago

its not really uncommon for bynum to put up 28 now. that would be like being impressed about kobe putting up 30. pretty standard at this point for drew. its more puzzling when andrew puts up less than 20 at this point
Posted Image

#549 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Next Thursday's Game is gonna Be ill
Free The Wave

#550 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Pau was straight trash tonight, Kobe shot horribly, yet we managed to pull this one out thanks to the brilliant play of Ramon Sessions. More impressed with this guy with each game, he's just a very smart player. I want to see more pick-and-rolls with him, I feel like he was being underutilized early in the game with the starting lineup. Later once he was able to free up enough space, he promptly found the right guys moving off the ball or simply found a lane to attack the basket.

Ball movement looked sweet tonight, wish the defense was better (Thanks Pau). If Pau and Kobe showed up, we could have put this one away late in the 3rd.

#551 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Pau was straight trash tonight, Kobe shot horribly, yet we managed to pull this one out thanks to the brilliant play of Ramon Sessions. More impressed with this guy with each game, he's just a very smart player. I want to see more pick-and-rolls with him, I feel like he was being underutilized early in the game with the starting lineup. Later once he was able to free up enough space, he promptly found the right guys moving off the ball or simply found a lane to attack the basket.

Ball movement looked sweet tonight, wish the defense was better (Thanks Pau). If Pau and Kobe showed up, we could have put this one away late in the 3rd.

I wouldn't say Pau was straight trash tonight. Yes, he struggled defensively and offensively but he still grabbed 16 rebounds. Also, it wasn't like he wasn't aggressive. He was just missing shots just like Kobe. He'll bounce back.

#552 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Pau did rebound well tonight though, but his defense and offense wasn't there. Kobe was playing smoothly in the first and then he started forcing the issue. Terrible game from him, but like you said, Sessions was able to run the offense pretty effectively and the bigs did a better job of screening for him in the 4th quarter. With effective screens, he is a nightmare to guard and teams are leaving him open for 3 and he is making them pay. Drew was also unstoppable, but truthfully I expect that from him every night now.

Ron surprisingly hit his 3's and got a dunk. I love when he is able to throw it down. Posted Image

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 23, 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Posted Image

#553 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:24 PM

16 rebounds is nice, but he didn't really have any presence on the court as weird as that may sound. It wasn't so much Pau dominating the glass as it was him swooping in to collect some awful misses from the Blazers right around the rim. Ineffective on offense by settling for jumpers all game long and a complete liability defensively. For every rebound he grabbed, he probably gave up an easier look for Aldridge. We're lucky Sessions played so well with how badly Pau and Kobe stunk it up tonight.

#554 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:28 PM

16 rebounds is nice, but he didn't really have any presence on the court as weird as that may sound. It wasn't so much Pau dominating the glass as it was him swooping in to collect some awful misses from the Blazers right around the rim. Ineffective on offense by settling for jumpers all game long and a complete liability defensively. For every rebound he grabbed, he probably gave up an easier look for Aldridge. We're lucky Sessions played so well with how badly Pau and Kobe stunk it up tonight.

Kobe actually was responsible for our 11 point lead going into the second quarter... And thank our dear lord that Pau got 16 rebounds. Bynum sucked on the boards today.

#555 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Kobe looks relaxed and happy every since trade. WOW.

That is a very, very good sign

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#556 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:30 PM

i think sessions was used properly. can't pick and roll all game. not to mention bynum is a horrible screen setter. i don't understand why he's so bad at it but every time he sets a screen he never even makes body contact.

but we still need to go to the post. bynum and pau are still better players than ramon. good offense mixes it up. i think ramon did an excellent job of running things. very rajon rondo like. you don't see rajon run pick and rolls all the time. sometimes he just orchestrates. but it is amazing when you think about our top 2 scorers not including pau or kobe and we won the game.

a year ago that would be impossible. its pretty amazing to think we have 3rd and 4th options in pau and sessions who can each put up 20 any game and a double double. and we have 2 guys in bynum and kobe who can put up 30 any game and 20 every game. i wouldn't want to see the lakers in a series
Posted Image

#557 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sessions was fantastic, but he was getting some pretty awful picks set for him early on. I remember yelling at the TV a number of times when Pau set some awful picks that were completely ineffective. For multiple possessions in the first half, Sessions was waiting on the perimeter for a big to come up, but I remember Pau and Bynum just hanging around inside looking for a post-entry. Still early and they need to get used to Sessions in the lineup, but if they look to set that pick or with more slip screens, we're going to be damn near unstoppable in a half-court set.

2nd half was unreal, offense running through Sessions looked awesome. Hoping that the team continues to get better with Sessions running the show for the rest of the season.

#558 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:43 PM

The bench was trash obviously because Sessions started. Barnes had 9 points and the bench as a whole had 13 points. Posted Image

Posted Image

• 40,405 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:44 PM

^ Haha yeah, no surprise there. Blake was great tonight though.

yo.

#560 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted March 23, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Posted Image

24/7! All Day! Posted Image

Edited by The Big Fish, March 23, 2012 - 09:48 PM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users