#481 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,212 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 07, 2012 - 06:55 PM

i think kobes running on an empty tank playing PG, SG and being the only offensive weapon wore on him

Yea, you can definitely point out the games where he is tired. We still have the two bigs to go to, but I still think we need at least one more person that can create their own shot.

Edited by alexthegreat, March 07, 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#482 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 07, 2012 - 06:55 PM

i think kobes running on an empty tank playing PG, SG and being the only offensive weapon wore on him

Honestly I really strongly feel that the bench hasn't been playing defense the way they should be. I think a LOT of it has to do with the fact the Lakers only have one real center. When we go to the bench either Bynum is gonna have to stay out there and not get a rest, or Gasol is gonna be out there and not get a rest, or we're gonna have to put Murphy out there who will be worked by any bench big in the game.

This is why I've stressed that we need a TRUE Bench Center that can produce, and one more scorer on that bench that can score consistently. It would fix a lot of problems and get our guys a lot more rest imo.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#483 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted March 07, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Four more games before the trade deadline. We may have to lose all 4 just to get a [expletive]ing trade done.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#484 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

It is not just 2 games...

it is the culmination of 16 years of seasons...
14 years of playoffs

And we expect another 5 more seasons?
And more title runs?
With Mike Brown and Kobe?

10,000 more points for Kobe?

Can you imagine 5 more seasons of THIS kobe, of the 4-23 from the field Kobe?
Ouch.... i can imagine it... I have seenKobe every year of his career. It could get ugly.

Yea I bet you were posting this same thing when he was on that 40 point streak.....stop acting like highschool girl that overreacts about everything

#485 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Brown: "We don't need anyone to make the play. We need everyone to (play together)."
Pretty simple summary/suggestion from Coach Brown: when LAL move the ball, they're fine. When they go 1-on-1, it's not working.

Really,[expletive],really?
Impossible is nothing.

#486 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,130 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Did you not see when I said defense lost us this game? And Bench lost us a majority of this lead, and lazy defense was played and Bynum had 7 costly turnovers. Yet you want to place the blame ALL on Kobe. You need to take off the rose colored sunglasses and trying to hate unfounded when you ignore every other problem that happened cause you want to blame one player. It's very obvious.

and where did i say all of the blame falls on him. i said he cost us the game. not all of the blame goes on him. different statements. one implies that he was the sole reason for the loss, the other implies that he was the chief factor.

he was the chief factor. anyone watching the game who isn't wearing homer goggles can see that

in what universe is 17-57 shooting not detrimental to the team. anyone with a brain can figure that out. kobe was the chief factor in both losses. end of story. stop wasting your time blaming other people because your wrong. facts are facts.

17-57.

bynum and gasol were 12-19 today. they alone made more shots than kobe yet took 12 less shots. in detroit bynum was 13-18, pau was 8-14

that is a combined 33-51 shooting

the gasol and bynum duo has doubled kobes shots made the last 2 games yet gotten 6 less shots.

how is that not the major factor in 2 losses that in total have been by 8 points.
Posted Image

#487 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,568 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

getting a PG would be great.

It really is nessicary.

Fisher is almost entirely worthless...
Steve Blake is an okay backup PG. he had 7 assists, which is good, but, he is averaging 1 ppg over his last 3

#488 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

I'd say Bynum if he didn't turn the ball over so much tonight, no point in giving him more feeds if he's gonna turn it over more. THAT is why they try to give him easy setup shots instead of feeding it to him quickly in the 4th late when double teamed.

pretty much yeah, Kobe rushed a few shots, yet they are all good in terms of him and you'd want HIM to be the one taking it. To blame this entire loss on Kobe is silly.

At least two of those turnovers credited to Bynum were good passes dropped, and another was a questionable travel. That said, even four is too many, and this was obviously not his best game. I hope someone on the Lakers' staff discourages Bynum from waiting for the double-team, which is a relatively new habit he's picked up. There's a difference between patience, and waiting. When he waits, a turnover normally results.

All that said... 7 Bynum turnovers << 22 Kobe misses, most of which were terrible shots. In the first half, Kobe took great shots, made most of them, and the Lakers dominated. In the second half, Kobe took and missed horrendous shots and everything fell apart. This is not a coincidence.

#489 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,568 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yea I bet you were posting this same thing when he was on that 40 point streak.....stop acting like highschool girl that overreacts about everything

It is not overreaction.
It is the long-term Career calculus of a player.

How often are these games popping up?
How often is he hitting that 40 point mark?

meassure the frequency of things you can measure.

I have seen Kobe since his rookie season. I have seen him grow into a player, coming off the bench, to a starter, to a star, then to a super-star, then a super-villian, then becoming the best player in the NBA, then i see the age and the injuries creeping up.

I believe Kobe will stay with the Lakers until retirement, i believe he is aiming for some LONG term records, and he knows what it will take.

I have to think, once it gets to the playoffs, Kobe will want to win more, i think that he is more concerned with Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlin then he is with the Pistons or Wizards.

#490 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,120 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:03 PM

and where did i say all of the blame falls on him. i said he cost us the game. not all of the blame goes on him. different statements. one implies that he was the sole reason for the loss, the other implies that he was the chief factor.

he was the chief factor. anyone watching the game who isn't wearing homer goggles can see that

in what universe is 17-57 shooting not detrimental to the team. anyone with a brain can figure that out. kobe was the chief factor in both losses. end of story. stop wasting your time blaming other people because your wrong. facts are facts.

17-57.

bynum and gasol were 12-19 today. they alone made more shots than kobe yet took 12 less shots. in detroit bynum was 13-18, pau was 8-14

that is a combined 33-51 shooting

the gasol and bynum duo has doubled kobes shots made the last 2 games yet gotten 6 less shots.

how is that not the major factor in 2 losses that in total have been by 8 points.

Because the MAJOR factor to me is allowing the Wizards to score 106 points on us. THAT is what lost us this game. if we'd hel;d them to 88 or 90 like we do every other team in the league sometimes even the better teams in the league we'd be talking about this victory. The fact is everyone that's placing blame here is trying to base it on the offense solely whether they wanna put it all on Kobe, or whichever but to me THIS team scoring 101 points is a good thing, it was a "good" offensive game for us, but to let the Wizards score 106 on us is unacceptable on every single level. We played lazy defense and probably gave one of our worst defensive efforts of the season to a last place eastern conference team. to me that stands out a LOT more than Kobe missing his jumpers imo.

#491 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:05 PM

at least we hit 100
Posted Image

#492 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

bynum and gasol were 12-19 today. they alone made more shots than kobe yet took 12 less shots.

To put all too fine a point on it... Kobe plays with two seven-foot All-Stars, and he missed more shots than they took, combined. That is not excusable. That is just bad, ignorant, selfish basketball.

#493 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Missed the game, heard what happened, [expletive], horrible well Im about to watch it since I DVR'd it :facepalm:

The North Remembers

#494 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,568 posts

Kobe is in his 16th season...
And his career PPG is still going up...

25.4 PPG career
28.7 ppg this season
30 points this game...

#495 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

at least we hit 100

Against the...Wizards

Posted Image

#496 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,568 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Missed the game, heard what happened, [expletive], horrible well Im about to watch it since I DVR'd it :facepalm:

With about 6 or some mins left in the 3rd quarter...

Get out a notepad (or a post on here) and take some notes of WHAT WENT WRONG...

Terrible things happen...
but, like a car accident, it all happen so fast...

#497 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just make sure to watch the first half. Apparently the Lakers thought the game was 24 minutes long and played decently. The second half isn't worth watching if you want to be humiliated. Lakers got caught with a surprise 24 extra minutes and thought they had the game won at halftime.

#498 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:08 PM

At least our entire bench combined scored more then Pau or Bynum... barely. :laughing: :laughing:
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#499 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:09 PM

i didn't even finish watching i fell asleep half way through woke and saw we lost
Posted Image

#500 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,120 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Mike Brown:

Brown definitely angry/frustrated the way LAL played in 2nd half. If they keep playing "the right way" they win last 2 games.
Bynum took a step back dealing with quick double teams. He had 7 of LAL's 13 turnovers. Brown wants early kick outs & reposts.
The bright side for LAL, according to Brown & Bynum, is these problems are fixable. Not an issue of talent.

But the main thing said I think is this

Brown: "We don't need anyone to make the play. We need everyone to (play together)."

This means Brown wants to STOP seeing one on one hero ball with one person(Kobe) trying to land the knockout punch.

Honestly I think Kobe has to adjust to Mike Brown's system more than anyone strictly because when it was Phil, he would sit back, let the team mess up and call on Kobe to save them and not really depend on anyone else cause that was what he did. Mike Brown is more of a "I don't care who takes the shot, just win the game and play with each other" and to him, winning the game isn't always about taking that shot.

Remember how Kobe would fake the shot and get the ball to Bynum for alley oops or draw attention and feed it elsewhere for the inside shot on clutch plays, THAT is what Mike Brown wants to see more of, but I honestly think telling Kobe he doesn't have to be the one to save us every time anymore when he's had to be THAT GUY for the last 12 years is a hard adjustment, especially with a winner like him, the Lakers aren't a team that needs a 'knockout' shot anymore. Cause the talent is there it just needs to be utilized.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users