Fisher with 2 points, 1 assist and 32 minutes? wtf.. :blink:

#562 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,863 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Andrew Bynum got 5-7 more shots tonight then he occasionally does... I have no idea what your talking about. Compared to most Centers in the game, Andrew Bynum takes a pretty good amount of shots, especially even though he has a player like Pau Gasol at his wing. In Shaq's prime and along side basically no great PF, togehter had averaged about 24-25 shots per game(This being the most dominant Center in the game). Andrew and Pau combine for about 23 attempts, which isn't that bad. In the 3-peat Kobe would attempt about 17 shots, now he attempts 23.

Reguardless of how things went in the past... The greatest Center in the game today which is Dwight only averages about 13 shots a game, and Bynum averages 11... Dwight Howard doesn't even have a strong PF next to him and still only gets 13 looks... Research a little and you'll see that Gasol and Bynum actually get a [expletive]...LOAD of touches.

But on certain nights, like this one, he NEEDS more, he has the potential to DOMINATE. I am not saying he needs to take 20 shots a game against Tyson chandler, but, when Teams cannot stop him, the lakers need to get the ball to him. He was not featured in Overtime at all.

I really think that if Steve Blake was out there and not Fisher, the lakers would have done better down the stretch, Kobe did not make it a point to get it into the low post.

#563 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,850 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Bynum just needs to go on a tear...

Can Kobe take a Backseat to Bynum?
Not forever...
Just possibly on some night...

Like tonight...

Why could Bynum not get 20 plus shots on some nights!
13-18

Unstoppable force

Lakers All-Star Center
And Kobe has a problem with him...

Pau can accept being the #3 guy on the Lakers to win.

Can Kobe accept being number 2... JUST on some nights?
I do not think so...

What if Kobe-Bynum starts to turn into Shaq-Kobe

Winning makes people happy...
Losing...

Well...

We just need a PG... without giving up Pau or Bynum

yes Kobe has a problem with Bynum, that's why they've been Bromancing since the all-star break and whenever Bynum makes a good play Kobe hugs him :rolleyes: Reaching a little aren't we? This whole Kobe can't take a backseat to people scoring should be debunked by now when Kobe HAS on more then one occasion settled for scoring under 20 when his other teammates are on fire, he more or less tries to score when they need a run or are desperate. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I do agree with you on Blake needing to be out there in the 4th though.

However I think when Fisher is 3rd string and we have Sessions starting(after he learns the offense) things are gonna be fine.

Edited by Majesty, March 06, 2012 - 07:46 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#564 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Kobe had a bad game, he has them more frequently than ever. We are lucky we have Pau and Bynum or this team would be lottery.

who was responsible for all of those offensive boards detroit had?

rodney going for 34?

detroits bench having 32?

we had 13 TOs....pistons got 18 free points off that.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#565 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yeah. I'm just saying talent is more to blame than Mike Brown. I'm not really a huge fan of him, but it's not like the same players were putting up numbers with Phil Jackson either. The new players on the Lakers weren't good on the team they were in before the Lakers either.

So overall, I don't see any player where Mike Brown is getting much less offensive production than he should be.

In 09 and 10 when Lakers won back to back, Fisher averaged 10 points and Artest averaged 11. This year they average only about 5 points a game. I do think for a poor offensive team like the Lakers, 10 points makes a HUGE difference. Also the lost of Lamar Odom whom scored about 14 points off the bench every night also took a huge hit. All in all, we still have a very strong team. Its just not deep enough and lacks 1-2 key pieces.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#566 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,651 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:47 PM

Missed the game, anyone explain me the final seconds of 4th and OT?

#567 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Fisher with 2 points, 1 assist and 32 minutes? wtf.. :blink:

Don't forget....Barnes had 2 points in 20 minutes, Murphy had 0 points in 23 minutes, and Blake had 0 points in 21 minutes. :facepalm:

#568 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Missed the game, anyone explain me the final seconds of 4th and OT?

Kobe hit the game tier in the 4th, rushed the 2 game tying threes in the overtime, MWP had a good defensive game and clutch Defensive plays down the stretch and almost hit the game tier after Kobe missed his.

Long rebounds and no offensive board and a terrible 2nd quarter along with a bad bench effort cost us this game.

#569 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Kobe lost us this game....along with fisher. But Im going to laugh when kobe goes on a tear and TKainZero hops on the bandwagon

#570 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

But on certain nights, like this one, he NEEDS more, he has the potential to DOMINATE. I am not saying he needs to take 20 shots a game against Tyson chandler, but, when Teams cannot stop him, the lakers need to get the ball to him. He was not featured in Overtime at all.

I really think that if Steve Blake was out there and not Fisher, the lakers would have done better down the stretch, Kobe did not make it a point to get it into the low post.

I definitely agree with you on the Steve Blake part, if anything even give Goudelock a try. He spreads the floor a bit and is obviously alot quicker than Blake or Fisher. Anyways... Andrew Bynum is a great Center, but he isn't strong enough nor is he dominant enough to take over a game. Only Shaq was a Center capable of doing such things. Even Dwight Howard is a guy whom you clearly can't rely on. Defenses read and catch on to what teams do... If you watch it, whenever Bynum or Pau get too deep into the paint, teams always double and more often than not do come away with a steal...

Maybe Bynum should have had maybe 2-3 more touches this game, but all in all Rodney Stuckey was just unbelievable. Dissected the Lakers defense and basically slashed every chance he got...

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#571 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,530 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

When Kobe hits the game tying shot, every fan mentions he is the best and is still clutch. Although when the Lakers end up losing, its all his fault! ( :

Well, he did shoot a lot of terrible shot tonight. Especially the last one he threw up. I don't know what say to that except "What the hell was that!?"

#572 YoungCity1415

YoungCity1415

Rookie

• 167 posts

yes Kobe has a problem with Bynum, that's why they've been Bromancing since the all-star break and whenever Bynum makes a good play Kobe hugs him :rolleyes: Reaching a little aren't we? This whole Kobe can't take a backseat to people scoring should be debunked by now when Kobe HAS on more then one occasion settled for scoring under 20 when his other teammates are on fire, he more or less tries to score when they need a run or are desperate. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I do agree with you on Blake needing to be out there in the 4th though.

However I think when Fisher is 3rd string and we have Sessions starting(after he learns the offense) things are gonna be fine.

I didnt know.sessions was on the team

#573 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:57 PM

It concerns me the way the Lakers play on the road. Now, i'm even more concerned whoever they play. Even against the worst teams in the NBA since they just lost to the Pistons. Sign Gil and trade for Bease now, Mitch!

Before you guys all go off the deep end, and demand various roster moves, consider that the problem isn't a lack of talent, it's a lack of effort. If talent were the problem, they wouldn't be 17-2 at home. For reasons that I wish I could understand, they just don't play very hard for more than a few minutes at a time on the road. I can only suppose that they figure they will make the playoffs either way, so they just don't care. That's not exactly a positive attribute, but it's better than just being a bad team. There's nothing wrong with the roster, although obviously every team has potential for an upgrade.

The bottom line is that, for long stretches in virtually every road game, they have played lazy, stupid, listless basketball. It doesn't matter who you have, if you play like that. So, since they don't care, and probably aren't going to until the playoffs start, don't give yourselves ulcers over it. Relax. If you must, re-watch a game like tonight's. Count how many times you see any Laker box-out. They seem to think it's illegal. Count how many times a defender doesn't even bother to raise his hand to contest a shot, nevermind giving up a foul to prevent a layup. Count how many times no one goes near the offensive glass while Kobe shoots. Count how many times everyone jogs back and they surrender a layup. It was so shocking to see MWP hustle back on one break tonight, that even Detroit's announcers were amazed.

They just don't care. Maybe they are trying to make games more entertaining, like Kobe used to do in high school. If so, relax and be entertained.

#574 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:57 PM

I didnt know.sessions was on the team

he will be if Fisher stays injured till the trade deadline :glasses:

as bad as that is to say, Fisher needs to take a week or two off. Whether injured or not they need to save his legs.

Edited by Majesty, March 06, 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#575 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:59 PM

he will be if Fisher stays injured till the trade deadline :glasses:

as bad as that is to say, Fisher needs to take a week or two off. Whether injured or not they need to save his legs.

Fisher is injured?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#576 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Before you guys all go off the deep end, and demand various roster moves, consider that the problem isn't a lack of talent, it's a lack of effort.

Uh No

Not even gonna read the rest of hte post after this starting sentence. Really really false

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#577 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Uh No

Not even gonna read the rest of hte post after this starting sentence. Really really false

That's cause you wouldn't be able to answer why we're 17-2 at home if we didn't have talent on this team. So I can see why you avoided the rest of his post :laughing:

#578 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:03 PM

That's cause you wouldn't be able to answer why we're 17-2 at home if we didn't have talent on this team. So I can see why you avoided the rest of his post :laughing:

Teams generally play better at home than on the road. Thats a fact. The difference in home and away numbers for the Big 3's supporting cast is staggering. Remains consisent with the theme all year long we just dont have enough firepower

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#579 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:04 PM

It's funny watching all these people who think Mike Brown won't tear into Kobe when he's done it countless times to the point Kobe has commended him for it :laughing: Mike Brown ain't a soft nor quiet coach.

He'll say something to him but I'm pretty sure he wont be up in his face, he'll probably smile and say it in a joke or something at least thats how he comes across to me..

The North Remembers

#580 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Kobe lost us this game....along with fisher. But Im going to laugh when kobe goes on a tear and TKainZero hops on the bandwagon

what about the bench? they only scored 7 lolll

The North Remembers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users