1136 replies to this topic

#1121 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2012 - 04:41 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/WindhorstESPN/status/176466026668625920

LeBron was 4-13 shooting when guarded by World Peace today, 8-13 vs. everyone else. Wade was 3-9 when guarded by Kobe, 4-8 vs. everyone else

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1122 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 04, 2012 - 04:56 PM

lebron and wade crying in the shower
Posted Image

#1123 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 04, 2012 - 05:05 PM

The Lakers team really bothered Dwyane Wade tonight. You could tell Bryant, World Peace, Barnes, and Bynum bothered Wade to the point where Wade committed stupid fouls.

As for James, he played well. But, as usual he was passive again. Yes, he had the numbers but it was a quiet numbers. World Peace and Barnes frustrate James today. The one thing about LeBron James is when you play tough on him physically and mentally he will quiet down. Although he will still get his usual numbers, those numbers would be in a "box."

#1124 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 04, 2012 - 05:06 PM

We are now half a game above clippers. If they lose today even better

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#1125 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,117 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:11 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/WindhorstESPN/status/176466026668625920

yeah, MWP when in shape with his quick feet and timing back can guard pretty much any 3 with moderate to great success. Which is why I'm glad he's coming around at this time in the season.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1126 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 614 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Just glad we got the win. mwp looks light again.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#1127 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Best day of 2012! I thought beating the Heat was not possible with this squad, but they proved me wrong! A win is a win, even without Bosh. Love it! Go Lakers!

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#1128 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:37 PM

If I see another people would complaining that Andrew Bynum has a lack of touch, I will poke his eye.

World Peace just uncrowned lebron james and kobe, he's doing what he's normally does, bullying his opponent.

33bkfif.jpg

#1129 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:58 PM

a w is a w. its cool for bragging rights. its just another regular season game though. and a w out of conference is the least important win we can get.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#1130 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:03 PM

then why are you a laker fan?

at this point its my personal tradition and the love of the franchises past that I have been rooting for since I was a little kid.
I was 13 and I still remember the game vividly.
1991 vs GSW.
WCSF game 2.
Magic had 44 points and Chris Mullin lit us up for 40 points. He was 16 for 21 shooting. There was no stopping the guy. He was in the zone.
Magic crossed over Tim Hardaway. Then Hardaway crossed over Magic. These guys were both heated and going at each other. I havnt seen 2 players battle that intense in a long time. None of these current guys battle like that.
Lakers lost the game by 1 point but won the series. But Game 2 was the game for me. Heres a box score:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199105080LAL.html

So thats why I am a fan who can accept the heat are a superior team in comparison to us this season.
Even if we win 2day its nothing. It means we can win a regular season game at home...nothing more. If we were to have HCA in the Finals vs. the Heat then it would suggest we can handle them at Staples. But barring a major trade, or multiple WC players having season ending injuries were not going to the finals and were damn not gonna have HCA vs Miami even if we did.
Now I get to ask you a question, WTF were you doing in 1991?

still waiting for a answer to my question...

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#1131 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:08 PM

You have to judge the season as a whole. And as a whole, the Lakers have not looked like championship contenders this year. Not when they have lost twice as many games on the road as they have won. Not when on certain nights, they aren't even competitive.

And logically, why would you expect them to? They got worse roster-wise from a team that got swept in the 2nd round last season.

Edited by Japago, March 04, 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

#1132 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:11 PM

so i comes down to how many games i can remember watching growing up? a W against a top tier contender is something that dosent happen everyday for Lakers if ot dosent mattter to you then why even watch he regular season at all? just wait till the playoffs and stop complaining. I watch the games because i like two great teams compete, you belittle their win when in fact it was a huge win for them they proved to themselves that they could compete with one of the best teams ob the Nba, to say it meant nothing is just ignorant. It put us in the 3rd seed didn't it? and on top of our division? was it hard comming in? abdolutley but i still thought we could pull it off considering we had size and it was a home court game. I don't just say well their better so we should just give up. The heat were a far superior team on paper last year against he Mavs but they won.A superior team means nothing if you don't know how to utilize it!
Posted Image

#1133 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:46 PM

had to work 7-3 today unfortunately, but rocked a purple shirt and gold tie today, because i work with a few bandwagon heat fans...been doing that as long as i've had to dress up for work...usually 1st game of season, 1st game of playoffs, 1st game of finals, and a few select "big" games throughout the season...great win today for this team at a perfect time...kept telling all my...what feels like hundreds of laker hating friends to talk to me after the all-star break...lets go

Posted Image

#1134 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 04, 2012 - 09:05 PM

a w is a w. its cool for bragging rights. its just another regular season game though. and a w out of conference is the least important win we can get.

Lol LT if you saying its just another regular season game then you can't crown the heat based off reg season either

This was a great win. Not just for the tight western conference race where every game counts. But also for team moral and confidence.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#1135 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 10:20 PM

To me, I see this win as a confidence boost for the Lakers. Will it work again later at the playoffs? Maybe not. But, I'm still happy with the win. Also, Lakers fans are happy not because they won but because they played hard and they played as a team. Too much in the last few seasons on where Lakers win but they didn't play hard or they won because this x player played extremely well. Personally, I didn't expect the Lakers to win today because I thought the Heat is just the better team than the Lakers. I did wish the Lakers played hard and physical so they can show some Lakers pride. But, after the first half, I was pleasantly surprise. Not only they played hard and with passion, but they were leading at the half. To me, that is the main reason I was happy. They showed today on national TV that even they are not the most talented team, they can still play at a high level and beat any team on any given night. Now, it doesn't mean this current team will a ring. They still need minor tweaks. If they can add Sessions/Felton and Beasley, then this team is ready to go.

#1136 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 04, 2012 - 11:33 PM

LeBron should have dropped 35+ in this game, but I'm going to assume many aren't understanding the importance of Chris Bosh, so I'll open the book again.

Remember when you were watching LeBron battle Gasol in the post? He was making those annoying faces, and getting SUPER physical down low? That is what took his energy level down a notch. The fact that he had to defend multiple positions, especially the post, and box out much more than usual...he was making up for what Chris Bosh does better than his backups.

Additionally, Bosh gives you 15-20 in this game, at least.

Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, even Udonis Haslem...hardly offensive threats that need extra attention sometimes. All three would rather shoot wide open jumpers. Unlike those three, Chris Bosh creates his own shot, which demands defensive attention...and that opens the lane a bit more for James and Wade.

I still think the Lakers win this game today, though...but in a VERY CLOSE game. Game-winner close, if Bosh is available.

#1137 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 11:45 PM

LeBron should have dropped 35+ in this game, but I'm going to assume many aren't understanding the importance of Chris Bosh, so I'll open the book again.

Remember when you were watching LeBron battle Gasol in the post? He was making those annoying faces, and getting SUPER physical down low? That is what took his energy level down a notch. The fact that he had to defend multiple positions, especially the post, and box out much more than usual...he was making up for what Chris Bosh does better than his backups.

Additionally, Bosh gives you 15-20 in this game, at least.

Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, even Udonis Haslem...hardly offensive threats that need extra attention sometimes. All three would rather shoot wide open jumpers. Unlike those three, Chris Bosh creates his own shot, which demands defensive attention...and that opens the lane a bit more for James and Wade.

I still think the Lakers win this game today, though...but in a VERY CLOSE game. Game-winner close, if Bosh is available.

I agree, Real Deal.

I've gained a lot of respect for Chris Bosh. First, he was the only player out of the big three where he was quiet in the press conference during the NBA Finals. Second, he played a quiet but very effective NBA Finals. Finally, he is the only one who knows how to keep his mouth shut. Also, he faced Skip Bayless on First Take and he handled Skip's criticism very well. All he needs to do is stop doing weird antics and also stop roaring after dunking the ball. No need for him to roar after making a powerful dunk or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users