#581 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2012 - 12:53 PM

Should it be considered a game-winner ? Surely it was the the go-ahead shot, but the Lakers scored after that on that Kobe freethrow ..

That's true but the free throw was pretty meaningless because he missed the first one and they went for the three to win the game, so even if it was 93-92 we still would have won either way.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#582 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted February 12, 2012 - 12:54 PM

That's true but the free throw was pretty meaningless because he missed the first one and they went for the three to win the game, so even if it was 93-92 we still would have won either way.

The game-winner is always the last FG the winning team scores.
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#583 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Oh haha my bad. So he's a few ahead now? It has been awhile since he hit one

I don't know the official count, I just remember adding to the total a couple of years ago, on my forums...and I used ESPN's totals for MJ to compare.

#584 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 12, 2012 - 12:56 PM

The game-winner is always the last FG the winning team scores.

I guess it's a gamewinner then :rock:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#585 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:00 PM

I guess it's a gamewinner then :rock:

Yup, add one to the total!!! Now we gotta go home and get some wins. The good thing is we don't have any more tough road games against East teams remaining, since we don't play at Chicago this season. Our toughest road games left will probably be at OKC and Portland. At least we don't have any more games at Denver or Utah, so our road record should improve

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 12, 2012 - 01:01 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#586 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:01 PM

Oh haha my bad. So he's a few ahead now? It has been awhile since he hit one

Yeah he has been ahead for awhile and probably cuz Jordan's teams usually wrapped up many games in the third quarter unlike the lakers who seem to have the game in doubt til the very end many times.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#587 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yup, add one to the total!!! Now we gotta go home and get some wins. The good thing is we don't have any more tough road games against East teams remaining, since we don't play at Chicago this season. Our toughest road games left will probably be at OKC and Portland. At least we don't have any more games at Denver or Utah, so our road record should improve

At this point, every road game is a tough game for us.

Yeah he has been ahead for awhile and probably cuz Jordan's teams usually wrapped up many games in the third quarter unlike the lakers who seem to have the game in doubt til the very end many times.

So true. we rarely EVER blow teams out.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#588 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Look at all the earlier pages talking bad about every member of the Lakers by "fans" and now they win on a Kobe gamewinner and everyone's calling hum clutch again.

Either be faithful from the get go or admit you're wrong. But don't start bashing the team every witch way saying you wonder if we're any good at all and then act like you knew we'd win all along.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#589 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Look at all the earlier pages talking bad about every member of the Lakers by "fans" and now they win on a Kobe gamewinner and everyone's calling hum clutch again.

Either be faithful from the get go or admit you're wrong. But don't start bashing the team every witch way saying you wonder if we're any good at all and then act like you knew we'd win all along.

The team is no good. Barely winning against the Raptors is hardly a statement supporting otherwise. We were up big to start the game, and the Raptors started pushing the tempo, controlling it, and our bigs took themselves out of the game on the glass and in the paint. It will happen every game.

Fans have the right to criticize this team, doesn't matter if we win this game or not. The Lakers are not a contender, despite having a superstar who is one of the greatest to ever play this game, teamed with two all-star big men and a bunch of shooters who SHOULD be making their shots.

#590 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Add Calderon to the Long List of PG's that Has Burned Us
Free The Wave

#591 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:34 PM

I almost crapped my pants when Kobe passed the ball back to Metta for that layup. He barely made that shot.

#592 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:39 PM

Raptors commentators...

"Let's count to make sure he got the timeout in before the five seconds."
"One, one thousand."
"Two, one thousand."
"Three, one thousand."

"Four, one thousand."

"Five, one thousand."

"Yep, he got it, right there."

Ya I heard that and slapped my forehead
Posted Image

#593 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 12, 2012 - 01:47 PM

A win is a win, so I'll take it. As expected, Calderón dropped 25+ (30 pts exactly) on the Lakers. When will Mitch do anything to stop this bleeding?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#594 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 12, 2012 - 02:04 PM

:facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#595 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 12, 2012 - 02:15 PM

what was that GP?

Don't act like you always had faith you were one of the major bashers saying we were gonna lose this game and being negative in here.

You can't be all "this team sucks lol we aren't gonna win" even loling at people saying we're gonna win. So then Kobe hits the gamewinner and you want to talk trash to the guy that said Kobe was gonna choke.

Either have faith from the start or don't at all.

let me save you guys some time and quote my fellow TLN members. "a win is a win no matter how ugly" "trade pau and bynum for Dwight" "we need a pg" "Kobe shooting to much" " Fisher too old" " i hope mitch is watching " "i hope Otis smith is watching" "sign arenas" "amnesty Luke" "our bench sucks" feel free to add to this list

and you were right along with them.

That is all ^_^

The team is no good. Barely winning against the Raptors is hardly a statement supporting otherwise. We were up big to start the game, and the Raptors started pushing the tempo, controlling it, and our bigs took themselves out of the game on the glass and in the paint. It will happen every game.

Fans have the right to criticize this team, doesn't matter if we win this game or not. The Lakers are not a contender, despite having a superstar who is one of the greatest to ever play this game, teamed with two all-star big men and a bunch of shooters who SHOULD be making their shots.

Criticizing is one thing. But Criticizing, making fun of, and conceding the win to the other team while laughing at people that say we'll come back and win, and then when we win act like they were faithful the whole time and call out people that were talking down to the team when they were in the same boat 5 minutes ago is another :)

Edited by Majesty, February 12, 2012 - 02:20 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#596 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Don't act like you always had faith you were one of the major bashers saying we were gonna lose this game and being negative in here.

You can't be all "this team sucks lol we aren't gonna win" even loling at people saying we're gonna win. So then Kobe hits the gamewinner and you want to talk trash to the guy that said Kobe was gonna choke.

That is all ^_^

Criticizing is one thing. But Criticizing, making fun of, and conceding the win to the other team while laughing at people that say we'll come back and win, and then when we win act like they were faithful the whole time and call out people that were talking down to the team when they were in the same boat 5 minutes ago is another :)

I am not wavering, this team blows and would be lucky to make it out of the first round.

#597 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 12, 2012 - 02:49 PM

I am not wavering, this team blows and would be lucky to make it out of the first round.

Lucky? So you would bet against this team having 5 playoff wins this postseason.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#598 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,207 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2012 - 02:59 PM

Lucky? So you would bet against this team having 5 playoff wins this postseason.

Absolutely.

#599 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 12, 2012 - 08:14 PM

That is all ^_^

said it before and ill say it again Kobes the only player that bring it everyday everyone else is on the trading block, if you think this team is getting anywhere near the WCF your delusional your hoping metta will get his game back what a joke

Edited by Hollywood, February 12, 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users