• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#361 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm implying that we had the Jazz playing our pace for that entire game till that point, then they finally got their offense going when we lost out composure and when we got it back we almost brought it all the way back for our team. To say that the Jazz dominated the pace the entire game and then say we just gave up at the end is an incorrect statement from someone that wouldn't have watched this entire game. But I'm sure you did which is why I'm surprised you'd even think that -_-

Please go back and read what I wrote...I said towards the end of the game :facepalm:

Edited by TheMadSci, February 04, 2012 - 09:02 PM.

The North Remembers

#362 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Jazz won EVERY Qtr except the 1st

By one or two points -__-

We never gave up the lead for the most part throughout and were in route to try to close things out in the 4th, we were stopping them defensively and missing our wide open shots.

Lakers kept the lead they won in the 1st quarter all the way till that blowup in the 4th.

As I said we kept the Jazz playing a slow controlled pace the entire game till that moment when they ran on us after we lost out composure.

As I said, we had the Jazz right where we wanted them, making mental errors, missing shots, and turning over the ball. When Milsap just threw the ball out of bounds I was thinking "alright we got them" then stuff happened.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#363 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

I'm extremely drunk. What happened? LOL

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#364 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Please go back and read what I wrote...I said towards the end of the game smh

And towards the end of the game is when we fought back and almost closed the gap to three after the Jazz got a 12 point lead. That isn't quitting and being complacent that's fighting back if I remember correctly. smh

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#365 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm extremely drunk. What happened? LOL

loll its best you dont know man enjoy your buzz hahaha

The North Remembers

#366 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:06 PM

The bottom line in this game was that the turning point and our downfall was the absolutely horrendous no-call and brown getting ejected. That just completely swung the momentum in Utah's favor, it's absolutely crystal clear if you watched the entire game. If we had of won everyone would be celebrating a great back-to-back road win and saying our guys played a composed game and nothing about us palying with a lack of urgency. Everyone hates us. Fans, Stern, Refs. That's why we don't have Chris Paul. That's why we lost this game. This is definitely how one of the low-points of being a Laker fan feels, but it's all worth it because the high points are amazing. On to Philly.

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 04, 2012 - 09:11 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#367 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:07 PM

And towards the end of the game is when we fought back and almost closed the gap to three after the Jazz got a 12 point lead. That isn't quitting and being complacent that's fighting back if I remember correctly. smh

fought back towards the end? really I saw the Jazz getting pretty much what they wanted with authority.. thats fighting back? cmon we beat ourselves at the end and couldnt control the tempo..

Edited by TheMadSci, February 04, 2012 - 09:07 PM.

The North Remembers

#368 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,378 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:16 PM

fought back towards the end? really I saw the Jazz getting pretty much what they wanted with authority.. thats fighting back? cmon we beat ourselves at the end and couldnt control the tempo..

Once Brown got booted the momentum completely swung in Utah's favor. When you have a close game like that in Utah, one of the toughest places to win in the league, and there's a bs call that swings the momentum to the Jazz, that's pretty deflating. They did battle back after that. Unfortunately Kapono missed the three. I'm not upset with the players at all this game obviously they could have played better but they were hanging in there just fine after the tough win last night in Denver. This one was on the refs and I really don't mind saying it because that's honestly how I feel.

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 04, 2012 - 09:18 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#369 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Once Brown got booted the momentum completely swung in Utah's favor. When you have a close game like that in Utah, one of the toughest places to win in the league, and there's a bs call that swings the momentum to the Jazz, that's pretty deflating. They did battle back after that. Unfortunately Kapono missed the three. I'm not upset with the players at all this game obviously they could have played better but they were hanging in there just fine after the tough win last night in Denver.

If anything Mike Browns ejection should have made the guys step up and fight harder.. I know playing their is tough but I'm tired hearing all these excuses, this is a team with veterans they know exactly what to do in situations like these but they looked clueless at the very end.

The North Remembers

#370 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,378 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:26 PM

If anything Mike Browns ejection should have made the guys step up and fight harder.. I know playing their is tough but I'm tired hearing all these excuses, this is a team with veterans they know exactly what to do in situations like these but they looked clueless at the very end.

I disagree. They were mentioning that on the LTV postgame show but Worthy stated that he thought Brown reacted that way not to motivate his guys, but because he was just completely shocked by the non-call. The Lakers didn't need any motivation at that point we were only down 2 and the game was still in the same rhythm that it had been all game. I like our chances in that game had that non-call not happened. I understand about the excuses part but sometimes things like horrible officiating and non-calls just completely deflate a team, especially in the 4th quarter. Basketball is a game of momentum and the Lakers got screwed over.

#371 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 09:42 PM

I disagree. They were mentioning that on the LTV postgame show but Worthy stated that he thought Brown reacted that way not to motivate his guys, but because he was just completely shocked by the non-call. The Lakers didn't need any motivation at that point we were only down 2 and the game was still in the same rhythm that it had been all game. I like our chances in that game had that non-call not happened. I understand about the excuses part but sometimes things like horrible officiating and non-calls just completely deflate a team, especially in the 4th quarter. Basketball is a game of momentum and the Lakers got screwed over.

I understand, I didnt think Mike Brown did that intentionally just to fire our guys up, but after it did happen I would have assumed that it would wake our guys up and make them play harder but it was quite the opposite...oh well moving on to the next one

Edited by TheMadSci, February 04, 2012 - 09:43 PM.

The North Remembers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users