• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#341 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,343 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Point Guard and Small Forwards did nothing today. Kobe, Gasol and Bynum go for 20 + each and we still lost

wow. wonder how often that happens.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#342 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:35 PM

replace Kapono with Morris.

The reason being he can set up better shots for Goudelock and wGoudelock won't have to face tough defense while watching the other 4 guys stand around doing nothing.

Tonight the little they played together, Bynum got a great look, and Goudelock got a good look, they just both missed.

I wanna see that lineup evolve. I cringe for Kapono coming in offensively AND defensively and I only cringe for Murphy defensively.

morris is not ready. he only further hurts spacing and holds the ball too long. when blake comes back that line-up is gonna be tough to handle because blake will create and knock down shots and goudelock will also hit his shots

murphy is hurting us, we need him to knock down his shots
Posted Image

#343 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:37 PM

there is a big positive this game though. this is the 4th straight game i believe where kobe, pau, and bynum all played perfectly off of each other.

finally some chemistry between the 3 of them. now everyone else outside of goudelock is just awful
Posted Image

#344 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,127 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:39 PM

James Worthy "I'm glad I didn't play with some of these referees they are so inconsistent and FRAGILE." How much is he gonna get fined for being honest?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#345 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lakers beat themselves up like usual..despite poor shooting Jazz controlled the pace of the game, Kobe taking long 3s back to back to back missing them, barnes missing wide open 3s, and bynum getting tired towards the end and couldn't get back on D for the fast breaks.

The word urgency comes back into play, Jazz looked very hungry towards the end while the Lakes looks complacent, no fight back at all

Edited by TheMadSci, February 04, 2012 - 08:41 PM.

The North Remembers

#346 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:43 PM

If Kapono would have made that wide open three we might have been able to run off that momentum to a W. Couldn't take this one though, tough loss to swallow.

#347 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:43 PM

James Worthy "I'm glad I didn't play with some of these referees they are so inconsistent and FRAGILE." How much is he gonna get fined for being honest?

Worthy speaking whats really on his mind, last night and tonight, he's pissed on how things are going down.

The North Remembers

#348 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Lakers beat themselves up like usual..despite poor shooting Jazz controlled the pace of the game, Kobe taking long 3s back to back to back missing them, barnes missing wide open 3s, and bynum getting tired towards the end and couldn't get back on D for the fast breaks.

The word urgency comes back into play, Jazz looked very hungry towards the end while the Lakes looks complacent, no fight back at all

Are you serious?

#349 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Lock this [expletive]ing thread god damn jaha
Posted Image

#350 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,073 posts

God damn, 71 points for Kobe, Gasol, and Drew combined, and 16 for the rest of the team. :blink:

Nobody on this team can hit wide open 3's, especially Kapono in the corner on that play where LA was down 6 points. SHOULD have been a game changer if he made that damn shot :wall:

#351 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Mike Brown is blaming himself for this loss, the guy is extremely hard on himself whenever we lose but some of his players aren't stepping up.

#352 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:49 PM

God damn, 71 points for Kobe, Gasol, and Drew combined, and 16 for the rest of the team. :blink:

Nobody on this team can hit wide open 3's, especially Kapono in the corner on that play where LA was down 6 points. SHOULD have been a game changer if he made that damn shot :wall:

And if that was JR Smith or Arenas that three would have been hit :P

heck if that was Goudelock that three may have been hit even though tonight was an off game for him.

#353 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious..they were swarming on D and making our guys look like scrubs, they wanted this game more then we did

The North Remembers

#354 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yes I'm serious..they were swarming on D and making our guys look like scrubs, they wanted this game more then we did

And we were doing nothing for three and a half quarters right? Jazz was playing OUR pace till that whole blow up happened and then they got out on a big lead and we still fought back to within 6 and hit Kapono for a wide open three which would have brought it to within 3 and he missed and killed our momentum. We kept fighting in this game, we didn't just roll over and give up.

Edited by Majesty, February 04, 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#355 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:53 PM

And we were doing nothing for three and a half quarters right?

are you implying that we played hard for 3 and half quarters?

The North Remembers

#356 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,127 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:55 PM

are you implying that we played hard for 3 and half quarters?

I'm implying that we had the Jazz playing our pace for that entire game till that point, then they finally got their offense going when we lost out composure and when we got it back we almost brought it all the way back for our team. To say that the Jazz dominated the pace the entire game and then say we just gave up at the end is an incorrect statement from someone that wouldn't have watched this entire game. But I'm sure you did which is why I'm surprised you'd even think that -_-

#357 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:55 PM

God Lord, I know Kim Kardashian and her family haven't been so good their entire lives. But if you were to please somehow be able to manipulate them and somehow have them tell Lamar Odom to come back to LA... I will try my best to never sin again!

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#358 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:56 PM

And we were doing nothing for three and a half quarters right? Jazz was playing OUR pace till that whole blow up happened and then they got out on a big lead and we still fought back to within 6 and hit Kapono for a wide open three which would have brought it to within 3 and he missed and killed our momentum. We kept fighting in this game, we didn't just roll over and give up.

Jazz won EVERY Qtr except the 1st

Pau Gasol is GONE

#359 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Blow this team the [expletive] up
Posted Image

#360 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Derek Fisher should not be the Starting or Back up PG on any NBA team. He is really on the decline and the long summer off really has hurt him more than anyone else. Goudelock can shoot until faced with decent defenders seeing as he has no ball handling ability what so ever. Shannon Brown could handle the ball better and his handles are bad. Barnes, Kapono and Murphy played tons of minutes and between the 3 of them they only scored 6 points. Morris only played two minutes and Mcsocks only played 4 so I really cannot be hard on them. For his short time on the Court Morris passed the ball fairly decently but no one hit their shots. Kobe was a volume shooter tonight and even when they play well Bynum and Gasol are pretty damn slow. Artest had 2 points in 21 minutes of play..... and to top it all off Coach Brown Flipped the absolute F out. Bringing Jr Smith in does give us a player off the bench who can score but that really is not the issue and right now the more I look at it we have a much more serious problem than the PG situation. We get absolutely NO production at all from our SF slot. Like No production at all to the point where we may as well run 4 players on the court .. they are that bad. I am not saying our PG situation is good by any means but our SF situation is just as bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users