#381 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Is it safe to say fisher is the worst starter in the nba?

#382 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:29 PM

So... let's assume we keep playing like this the rest of the season and finish .500 and miss the playoffs. Does Mike Brown get fired?

Damn I could see it... Laker fans were upset about his hire from the start, we miss the playoffs he might be gone. That's unacceptable in Laker land.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#383 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Mike Brown pretty much said some really good words.

He said the team played like they were content trading baskets with no sense of urgency once they got up by 15. He said it was disappointing because he said they played with lack of hustle like they were gonna sit on the lead and that Indiana would eventually go away. He also said that there was a couple of loose balls one in particular when they were up by 3 and no one ran for it and just kind of watched it, and the Pacers got it and cut the lead to one, he said that's whats most disappointing because the team stopped playing with any sense of urgency and gave up 28 points in the 2nd Quarter and he doesn't want that to be who the team is or who they become when they have a lead. But he blames himself for the loss too because he counted on Kobe to make a good decision in the final moments when they had the ball on the fast break, when he says in hindsight he should have called a timeout. I disagree with him there, because on the fast break when the defense wasn't set he did the right thing not calling a timeout, Fisher just screwed it up.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#384 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Is it safe to say fisher is the worst starter in the nba?

Been like that for 2-3 years now.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#385 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,952 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:32 PM

thing is Pau is getting a pass from the commentators because he has 10 assists.. but he only had 8 points.

#386 leebo508

leebo508

Rookie

• 47 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Looks like old D-Fish has Alzheimers now, because he forgot how to do a layup.
We tested. We battle tested. We battle tested baby! We know what we gotta do.

#387 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,184 posts

Mike Brown is not getting fired. New System, Very Compressed Schedule, Old guys. Plus, who is going to replace him? It won't be Shaw because Buss doesn't want anyone who has connection with PJ

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#388 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

So... let's assume we keep playing like this the rest of the season and finish .500 and miss the playoffs. Does Mike Brown get fired?

I'd like to give Mike Brown the benefit of the doubt. He's had it tough coaching for the first time for the Lakers. Shortened preseason, shortened season, barely enough time to try out different rotations. Hell, he's only had control of this team for 17 games. Clearly, this is not his fault. He does make some questionable player adjustments though.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#389 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:33 PM

No, because it's a player problem not a coaching problem.

Exactly if you dont wanna win the coach cant do anything they got outhistled and again stoped closing quarters
Posted Image

#390 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:34 PM

trade kobe, pau, metta, and luke to dallas for jason kidd and all of their expiring contracts

why? who cares lol we'll win the same amount of games.
Posted Image

#391 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,952 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:34 PM

Mike Brown is not getting fired. New System, Very Compressed Schedule, Old guys. Plus, who is going to replace him? It won't be Shaw because Buss doesn't want anyone who has connection with PJ

Mike Brown aint getting fired unless we got blown out by the Wizards by 30 at home.

Worse teams have had better starts, and better teams have had worse starts.

I am pretty sure the Lakers are going to be fine, the positives I saw tonight from Metta finally getting into a swing and the bench finally putting in some work is great. The starters are who F'd this game up.

And the missed free throws cost us bad!! We had 21 free throws in the first half and missed a majority of them and wound up losing by 2, everything comes back.

#392 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:35 PM

I guess we just did ..

We lost so your wrong
Posted Image

#393 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Mike Brown aint getting fired unless we got blown out by the Wizards by 30 at home.

Worse teams have had better starts, and better teams have had worse starts.

I am pretty sure the Lakers are going to be fine, the positives I saw tonight from Metta finally getting into a swing and the bench finally putting in some work is great. The starters are who F'd this game up.

And the missed free throws cost us bad!! We had 21 free throws in the first half and missed a majority of them and wound up losing by 2, everything comes back.

Where do you see this CURRENT Lakers roster getting? I know for a fact you don't think we can win the championship..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#394 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Lol mettas like lob city kobes the king blakes the prince and cp3 is the jack lol
Posted Image

#395 leebo508

leebo508

Rookie

• 47 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am not happy with the current roster of this team. Something better happen by March 15.
We tested. We battle tested. We battle tested baby! We know what we gotta do.

#396 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Where do you see this CURRENT Lakers roster getting? I know for a fact you don't think we can win the championship..

On paper this team looks good but on the court metta cant buy a shot paus soft drew cant pass out of double teams fish is old as dirt
Posted Image

#397 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,952 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:48 PM

The current roster could do pretty well, like I said these players are playing beneath their expectations. The new players I will say

Kapono has SUCKED from 3 point this season and almost every look he's gotten was wide open

Murphy has been on and off but has been playing better as of late

Blake was having the season of his career but got injured.

McRoberts, we're getting pretty much what we expected from him.

Metta has looked...like crap! But today seems to have hit his stride and is taking it to the basket more so good sign.

Pau has been a letdown in every shape and form.

Fisher...some days he's the Fisher with the smile running back up the court after putting away the Magic, and some days he's the Fisher that makes you want to pull out your hair if you had any at this point so its basically a flip of the coin with him.

So far the biggest letdown of this season for me has been Pau.

So with THIS current roster the way they've been playing, I say first round possibly second round. But I don't expect this roster to play this "new" all the way through the season.

So it depends, which is the frustrating thing about this team, is that some nights when some players suck others shine, and then when the players that sucked last game are shining the ones that played well the night before suck. So it's what's frustrating. I don't see so much as wrong with the roster because if they did what they were put there to do we'd be a dangerous team. If Kapono was making teams pay for leaving him open, or if Pau took it to the basket more often we wouldn't be saying this.

On paper the team we have is very good and if the roleplayers play their roles we could go far, the fact is they haven't so far and we been goin into our lapses at times which cost us games.

However I'm glad it's happening this early, because Mike Brown is the kind of coach that works you till you fix it rather than letting you play through it like Phil.

When I saw these kinds of mistakes last year I was worried cause I knew Phil wouldn't force them to work on everything in practice. Mike Brown sort of reminds me of a professor, he sees everything that's wrong, breaks down the reason and why of every loss and then goes into practice the next day and works them on it.

On the bright side we got 2 days off now to work on this, we may ACTUALLY get some contact practices in :)

#398 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,822 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 09:51 PM

i say we just tank, [expletive] it

13z8pc6.jpg

#399 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just got home from the game. 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter freakin pissed me off .We let them shoot 12/16 from the field in the 3rd and they shot 10/18 3 pointers in the game. THat Kobe and Fisher shots in the last minute looked good from my angle but ugh 2nd Ind @LAL loss I've witnessed 2nd year in a row. Got to meet HellJumper at halftime though, we were talking about how its our lucky day since Ron was actually making his shots lol :laughing:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#400 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 22, 2012 - 10:15 PM

One positive from the game is Pau's defense. Held David West to 0 field goals made in the 2nd half.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users