705 replies to this topic

#701 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:40 AM

That was the ugliest game of the season but at least we got the W.

Any sort of win, whether it's considered ugly or not, against the defending world champions is great.

#702 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 17, 2012 - 01:50 AM

As I stated earlier, Derek Fisher could have shot faked and stepped in a few feet for a closer look.

Those are the exact same shots Fisher takes during the rest of the game, and that's one reason why he shoots a very low percentage.

Dallas forced Kobe to give the ball up early in the clock. Dirk got to Fisher late, but if you give him one more second, he blocks Derek's shot.

Not only that, but Fisher cannot come off the dribble to hit a game-winner. Maybe Ron, but not Fish. He's most effective drilling his shot where he receives the pass, not making any moves away from the spot, not putting the ball on the floor.

Plus, if Fish misses that jumper, Dallas would have had LESS than three seconds left on the clock. Threes cause long boards, most of the time, and you're looking at under two seconds to get a shot off against a team that won't give up the paint or elbow in a game-winning situation.

#703 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:The Beginning
  • Fav. Laker:The Team

Posted January 17, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Those are the exact same shots Fisher takes during the rest of the game, and that's one reason why he shoots a very low percentage.

Dallas forced Kobe to give the ball up early in the clock. Dirk got to Fisher late, but if you give him one more second, he blocks Derek's shot.

Not only that, but Fisher cannot come off the dribble to hit a game-winner. Maybe Ron, but not Fish. He's most effective drilling his shot where he receives the pass, not making any moves away from the spot, not putting the ball on the floor.

Plus, if Fish misses that jumper, Dallas would have had LESS than three seconds left on the clock. Threes cause long boards, most of the time, and you're looking at under two seconds to get a shot off against a team that won't give up the paint or elbow in a game-winning situation.

Well said, I think it can go either way really. Regardless of how often he makes pull up jumpers, I still see it being high percentage in crunch time.

Agreed with what you said though.

“I told Luke, you’re young, you’re rich, and you’re living in Beverly Hills. If you’re not having the time of your life right now, I have failed you as a father.” - Bill Walton

#704 Tebow 3:16

Tebow 3:16

Rookie

• 76 posts
  • Name:Tebow
  • Fan Since:99
  • Fav. Laker:Horry

Posted January 18, 2012 - 07:46 PM

LIVE STREAM: Dallas Mavericks @ Los Angeles Lakers | DDotOmen

#705 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2012 - 07:47 PM

[expletive] off [expletive]

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#706 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 18, 2012 - 08:59 PM

ROMO >>>>> TEBOW

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Kobe > LeBron, January 18, 2012 - 09:00 PM.

htCCl0m.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users