Posted Image

#682 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:The Beginning
  • Fav. Laker:The Team

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Terrible shot selection by Derek Fisher. He took that way too early into the clock and would have given Dallas a lot of time had he missed it.

But, I guess when you've made as many clutch shots as he has you can make that sort of a decision.

“I told Luke, you’re young, you’re rich, and you’re living in Beverly Hills. If you’re not having the time of your life right now, I have failed you as a father.” - Bill Walton

#683 SHOaks

SHOaks

GO LAKERS!

• 561 posts
  • Fan Since:The Dark Days, 04-05
  • Fav. Laker:Anyone not named Kwame Brown

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:34 PM

That was the ugliest game of the season but at least we got the W.
working on my sig...

#684 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:35 PM

Terrible shot selection by Derek Fisher. He took that way too early into the clock and would have given Dallas a lot of time had he missed it.

But, I guess when you've made as many clutch shots as he has you can make that sort of a decision.

So u wanted him to pass that shot up?? Get out of here

Posted Image

#685 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:41 PM

We should've fouled Vince when they inbounded it. :whistle:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#686 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Prob the worst game of the season minus the final 4 minutes or so.

#687 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 10:43 PM

So u wanted him to pass that shot up?? Get out of here

You say that because he made it. Had he missed that shot and we lost the game you would feel differently. The fact he made it does not mean it was the smartest possible shot at the time.

I would have been fine with a shot fake and closer range shot. Dirk was coming to challenge rather than close out, so he would have had an easier uncontested shot and wasted more time. The home team needs to take as much time of the clock as possible, especially considering how well we were playing defensively. We would have won the overtime.

“I told Luke, you’re young, you’re rich, and you’re living in Beverly Hills. If you’re not having the time of your life right now, I have failed you as a father.” - Bill Walton

#688 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Lol fish cant catch a break huh? Take it for what it is no and ifs or buts
Posted Image

#689 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:19 PM

You say that because he made it. Had he missed that shot and we lost the game you would feel differently. The fact he made it does not mean it was the smartest possible shot at the time.

I would have been fine with a shot fake and closer range shot. Dirk was coming to challenge rather than close out, so he would have had an easier uncontested shot and wasted more time. The home team needs to take as much time of the clock as possible, especially considering how well we were playing defensively. We would have won the overtime.

Come on mad it it what it is had kobe made the buzzer breater against dallas last season in game 1 we might of not gotten sweept but fact is we got swept and fish made the 3 pointer and we got a w all that matters today
Posted Image

#690 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Nope. I say that because it was an open clean look and D Fish is shooting. And besides, if he did miss, Dallas would have way less time than him making it.

Posted Image

#691 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Nope. I say that because it was an open clean look and D Fish is shooting. And besides, if he did miss, Dallas would have way less time than him making it.

Dallas would have had 3-4 seconds left, which is an eternity in a half court game winning scenerio. I'm being realistic, regardless of what the outcome was.

#692 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:36 PM

On a side note, as of the conclusion of this game, the Lakers have played 5 more games than the Clippers. I know it's a lockout shortened season, but is that normal?

Posted Image

#693 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:38 PM

On a side note, as of the conclusion of this game, the Lakers have played 5 more games than the Clippers. I know it's a lockout shortened season, but is that normal?

yea it means twoard the end we will have a game and about 3 rest day in between
Posted Image

#694 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 16, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Dallas would have had 3-4 seconds left, which is an eternity in a half court game winning scenerio. I'm being realistic, regardless of what the outcome was.

if we played better offence fish should of never taken the shot, seeing Dallas was having an off night and we would be ahead so your point? being realistic to :rolleyes:

Edited by Hollywood, January 16, 2012 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#695 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Kobe passed it to Fisher and he was open for the shot so he took it. Not sure what you expected Fisher to do.

Against any team, when a final shot is taken, anything above .7 seconds is enough time for the other team to get a shot off.

Whether he made or missed it, Fisher took the right shot because it was an open look, which are very rare in end of game situations. When he receives the ball, there is 5 seconds left.

The only other option he had was to swing the ball one more time to Gasol and if he's makes it, the Mavs still have at least a little more than a second to shoot AND from where Gasol is standing, it would be a two pointer. Fisher making the three gave the Mavs only one option on that final play, a catch and shoot three point attempt.

#696 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:07 AM

if we played better offence fish should of never taken the shot, seeing Dallas was having an off night and we would be ahead so your point? being realistic to :rolleyes:

Your hypothetical is a lot less likely considering that wasn't the game situation.

#697 Deltron

Deltron

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:10 AM

Kobe passed it to Fisher and he was open for the shot so he took it. Not sure what you expected Fisher to do.

Against any team, when a final shot is taken, anything above .7 seconds is enough time for the other team to get a shot off.

Whether he made or missed it, Fisher took the right shot because it was an open look, which are very rare in end of game situations. When he receives the ball, there is 5 seconds left.

The only other option he had was to swing the ball one more time to Gasol and if he's makes it, the Mavs still have
at least a little more than a second to shoot AND from where Gasol is standing, it would be a two pointer. Fisher making the three gave the Mavs only one option on that final play, a catch and shoot three point attempt.

As I stated earlier, Derek Fisher could have shot faked and stepped in a few feet for a closer look. Dirk didn't close out well and was very vulnerable. That would have led to a closer look, and more time expiring.

#698 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:13 AM

[expletive]as are really arguing over a game winning shot over here man

#699 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:25 AM

Your hypothetical is a lot less likely considering that wasn't the game situation.

Okay say he missed the shot were do we go from there what would dallas do shoot a 3? All these what ifs are useless take it for what it is he made it and we won like i said thats all that matters today
Posted Image

#700 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 17, 2012 - 12:26 AM

Lakers won, but they have issues. When Kobe has a bad game, can you really trust this team to pick him up? I don't think so. Honestly, I think there will be games where everybody on the team is struggling.

The Lakers got lucky Dallas didn't knock down open shots. Part of that is the Lakers' D, but they also missed some wide open ones.

shall we go over the wide open shots and layups the Lakers missed tonight? :P

Defensively we just held the Dallas Mavericks to 70 points. That says something.

We just need our offense to flow, defensively we're getting better and holding a lot of high scoring teams to low numbers, I love how we can grind it out and win a tough game like this.

Remember when we used to be blowing a team out by 20 or so and then they come back and force it to overtime or they win because we were a streaky team? Yeah I don't miss those days..

What I see is we can be really streaky offensively but when we lock them down defensively when we come around it's in reach we can take it. THAT is what I want to see.

Sure I'd love if we were scoring 100 points per game and blowing these teams out on both ends like winning tonight 110 to 70. But offense comes and goes, defense is eternal. So I think as long as our defense is consistent when we get into the flow offensively..we'll be tough to stop.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users