TIME: 10:30pm EST
TV: KCAL

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,922 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Mike Brown is smart, he rested Ron and McRoberts today because we're gonna need them each of the next 3 games (LAC, DAL & MIA). Look for 4-5 defenders to be switched to guarding Blake and give him differnet looks

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 14, 2012 - 12:09 AM

Lebron called Kobe on the phone, Kobe didn't answer until the 5th ring.

#4 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 14, 2012 - 12:19 AM

Would LOVE a win... Please. :pray:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#5 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 14, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Blake is overhyped big time he has no post game and is only good for dunks hes basically the pretty girl with no brains the vets and cp3 are the ones who we should be worried about especially with chauncey
Posted Image

#6 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 14, 2012 - 01:16 AM

Blake is overhyped big time he has no post game and is only good for dunks hes basically the pretty girl with no brains the vets and cp3 are the ones who we should be worried about especially with chauncey

You clearly haven't been watching him this year his post game has improved immensely. As of right now he's the best power forward in the game and it isn't really that close. He may even be the best big man in the game yes even better than Howard. He's much better offensively and equally as good on the boards. Obviously Dwight has him on defense.

Edited by Kobe > LeBron, January 14, 2012 - 01:17 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#7 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 01:19 AM

You clearly haven't been watching him this year his post game has improved immensely. As of right now he's the best power forward in the game and it isn't really that close. He may even be the best big man in the game yes even better than Howard. He's much better offensively and equally as good on the boards. Obviously Dwight has him on defense.

Dirk says hi..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#8 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 14, 2012 - 02:40 AM

why do i feel like cp3 is going to torch us...

in any case, its a statement game! get that W!
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 14, 2012 - 02:49 AM

It's very easy to say "all he can do is dunk" (most people say this) because that's what all his highlights are. You seem like a knowledgeable poster, big ups to you.

As for all the people who say "all he can do is dunk", it's an easy way of knocking something you've never really seen.. Blake has amazing court vision and insane ballhandling skills for being a PF (he used to play point guard in high school) and VERY OFTEN will grab a rebound and lead the fast break with guards on both sides. He's also good at making plays, throws plenty of lobs to Deandre, and waits for cutters before he makes his post moves. He's a very underrated passer.. Look out for it. He's also really skilled at passing out of the double team, a skill he needs since he gets so much defensive attention.

His jumpshot is a work in progress, one game it looks great and the next game it doesn't look too good. But he can definitely shoot it from outside and he's not scared at all to take the shots... Look for a few midrange shots tomorrow night.

He also has a pretty nice post game, he has an array of up and under fakes, lots of patience, good timing, and a really weird habit of making shots at an impossible angle... Blake averaged 22 ppg last year, do you think he had 11 dunks every game?

GOOD LUCK and let's watch a great game tomorrow, Laker fans!! I'll check back in afterwards... Very impressed by the Lakers so far this year. I've been to a Laker game and watched almost every one so far, I watch the Lakers almost as much as I watch my Clippers.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, January 14, 2012 - 02:50 AM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 14, 2012 - 05:45 AM

Battle for LA, part one.

No Blake .. Fish and Morris will get destroyed by CP3 that's a no brainer .. The question is about the other matchups. Kobe will have to score big again .. Both Drew and Pau will have to be more involved on the defensive end. Don't let them kill us with all these lobs. Rebounding has to be better than last nights also.

Go Lakers !

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#11 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 14, 2012 - 08:28 AM

I don't mind losing this game if we destroy the Mavericks and then we get a signature win in Miami. Tonight's game will be tough, Pau must step up and we really need a big production from our bench.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 09:20 AM

Thing that worries me most about this game is that Steve Blake won't be playing. CP3 will now be going a against Fisher and Morris. (Fisher isn't too much a problem if he can body up Paul) but Morris worries me because of inexperience.

Lakers win this game if we can rebound the ball, win points in the paint, and limit the 3 point shooting of the Clippers.

Also force Griffin to take jump shots all game long. He seems to love that this year and is much less effective doing that then being in the post. Benefits the Lakers a lot more.

If the game is close towards the end of the game, send Griffin and Jordan to the line. They are shooting 56% and 47% respectively.

Should be a fun game though.

#13 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 14, 2012 - 09:27 AM

Your buggin Blake griffin is not on Dwight Howard's level and I wouldn't put him on Dirk or LA's level.

#14 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 14, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Something tells me the Clippers will win.

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 10:10 AM

You would have a good argument except for the bold part. You cannot be in a discussion and throw out a statement like that without backing it up, so I'll see if you were right.

Blake Griffin - 23.3 ppg / 10.8 rpg / 2.3 apg on 53% shooting w/ 0.5 bpg

Kevin Love - 24.5 ppg / 14.7 rpg / 1.7 apg on 42% shooting. Also shoots 40% from three

Lamarcus Aldridge - 22.8 ppg / 7.6 rpg / 2.2 apg on 49% shooting.

Then you bring in Dwight Howard - 20.5 ppg / 15.2 rpg / 2.3 apg on 58% shooting. Also 2.2 blocks per game.

So to answer your statement, Blake Griffin is one of the top PF's in the game. BUT... Is he by far the best one? No. Griffin is not a better rebounder than Love. In fact... Lee, Cousins, and Haslem all average 10 boards a game. So Griffin doesn't even have the advantage there.

Griffin's offense is an interesting stat because I am surprised that his FG% is so high since everytime I watch him, he seems to be bricking jump shots. The fact is that Griffin does get most of his points with put backs, dunks, and easy layups out in transition. There are times he gets hot and starts sinking jump shots, but that's very rare.

Griffin is good. But he is not the top PF in the league. Is he top 5? Of course. Is he close to Dwight Howard? Offensively, I would say Griffin has a slight advantage because he can actually step back out and hit a jumpshot, but Dwight does a much better job of being a post player, rebounding, and of course defense. It's still not close though if you look at the impact Dwight has on the floor compared to Griffin.

#16 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Come on man, there's a guy named Kevin Love up north. <_<

Posted Image

#17 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 14, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Pau actually guards Griffin pretty well with his length. Like others have said, leave Griffin open and let him fall in love with that jumper. If he hits it, then so be it but I rather he shoot than destroy us inside. CP3 will have his way but if we rebound, look to score in the paint AND LIMIT TURNOVERS then LA should win. Oh and we also have that Kobe fella on the team..lol.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, January 14, 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

#18 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,922 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 11:28 AM

Mo Williams it out for tonight

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#19 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted January 14, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Mo Williams it out for tonight

That will be huge...

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#20 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 14, 2012 - 12:22 PM

Rather bold statement here. Dwight Howard's defense has a bigger effect on games than any individual players' offense. That includes Kobe, LeBron, Durant or whoever you want to name. Dwight Howard is the sole reason that the Magic have been in the top 5 defensively for two years. Without Howard, that team doesn't make the playoffs and probably gives up about 115 a night. His impact on the defensive end cannot be understated.

Blake Griffin is a great player, but Howard is the more dominant presence, especially defensively and it's not even close. Blake is still limited to basically playing around the rim offensively and doesn't have that great of a post-game yet. Much improved, but he's not going to be outright dominating guys with that. His biggest asset is his ability to put the ball on the floor and beat his guy off the dribble, and by generally forcing his way closer to the rim. Push him out to the perimeter and give him some space, and he'll brick the majority of his shot attempts. He's playing very well, but he's no Dwight Howard.

As far as PFs are concerned, LaMarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love are right up there with him. He's not far and away the best PF, these two guys are pretty damn close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users