#81 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I actually saw him take it in around 2-3 times, was only successful once, but I liked that from him. But of course he followed it up with his typical twirling jumper while screaming for a foul. Horrible. The whole game was an awful showing from the team. I'm also pissed off that Mike Brown waited for the Bucks to build up a ten point lead before bringing Kobe back.

I did like what I saw from Kobe though, he nearly had a Triple Double and had 9 assists and Goudelock had 13 points..which is more than Pau Gasol had....

he had 13 points in 10 field goal attempts and Gasol had 12 in 18 field goal attempts, that is unacceptable.

Also Kapono played nearly 7 minutes, not one shot attempt, Murphy played nearly 6 minutes and not one point, morris played 52 seconds and got 5 points I mean come on... I mean seriously.. Kapono and Murphy aren't contributing what they were put in there for. Big letdown from them.

Edited by Majesty, January 28, 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#82 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted January 28, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Gasol also was content to shoot jumpers against a team with no center.... he drove the ball once to my memory and it was effective and then he just shot jumpers from then on.

Wow. I thought his game against the clips was his breakout game. Seems he reverted back to his form from last season. And the usual culprit again I suppose is our bench. Only Goudelock did the scoring again. He's the only bright spot aside from Kobe at this point.

#83 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2012 - 09:57 PM

I did like what I saw from Kobe though, he nearly had a Triple Double and had 9 assists and Goudelock had 13 points..which is more than Pau Gasol had....

he had 13 points in 10 field goal attempts and Gasol had 12 in 18 field goal attempts, that is unacceptable.

Also Kapono played nearly 7 minutes, not one shot attempt, Murphy played nearly 6 minutes and not one point, morris played 52 seconds and got 5 points I mean come on... I mean seriously.. Kapono and Murphy aren't contributing what they were put in there for. Big letdown from them.

Yeah, Kobe was great finding guys when the Bucks would send that double at him. The problem was that those passes weren't converted into enough made baskets. Only bright spots today were Kobe and Goudelock, everything else was garbage. The defense was especially pathetic. We already know that this current team isn't going to dominate the league in scoring, but defense was supposed to be this team's calling card. We gave up multiple open looks and just did not close out on shooters. Hell, Drew Gooden was open seemingly every other play and he's more than capable of knocking down a midrange jumper.

I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves against the Timberwolves tomorrow.

#84 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah, Kobe was great finding guys when the Bucks would send that double at him. The problem was that those passes weren't converted into enough made baskets. Only bright spots today were Kobe and Goudelock, everything else was garbage. The defense was especially pathetic. We already know that this current team isn't going to dominate the league in scoring, but defense was supposed to be this team's calling card. We gave up multiple open looks and just did not close out on shooters. Hell, Drew Gooden was open seemingly every other play and he's more than capable of knocking down a midrange jumper.

I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves against the Timberwolves tomorrow.

Yeah I mean Kobe could have had a 17 assist game if people were knocking down some of the shots they got. I like seeing Kobe play that way though, I'd like to see Kobe average close to a triple double and get everyone involved because if they score things will be great, Kobe CAN be a player like that, but because of people not scoring he has to play a more singular role. But I like the Kobe I saw, I hated the Gasol I saw.. the team had no center, ig 15 of those 18 shots were on drives we'd have probably won tonight. The fact Goudelock outscored Gasol is one thing that unnerves me.

Also like I said Murphy and Kapono had no points at all and they got about 8 minutes of play, if Morris can come in and get 5 points in 54 seconds, I'd expect Kapono and or Murphy at least to get some shots especially if Kobe is facilitating like he was today

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#85 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 12:12 PM

SMH

http://www.silverscr...-the-rebounding

What happened to the Lakers' rebounding? They began the season as a good rebounding team without Bynum. Then when Bynum returned, they were rebounding at a rate that would have made them the best in the league (see the second point on their trend path). Since then they have steadily worked back down towards mediocrity. How can a team featuring both Bynum and Gasol be only an average rebounding team?

The Lakers did improve on the offensive glass this week, primarily because of the game against Milwaukee. The Bucks spent most of the game with 6'10" Drew Gooden trying to guard Andrew Bynum, and 6'8" Luc Richard Mbah a Moute trying to guard Pau Gasol, who pulled down 7 offensive rebounds over the much smaller defender, helping the Lakers grab 35% of their missed shots.

Defensively the Lakers were unbelievably bad. While the undersized Bucks struggled on the glass, the Clippers and Timberwolves nearly pulled out victories despite shooting 42% and 38% from the field respectively. Both the Clippers and the Timberwolves grabbed offensive rebounds on 40% of their misses, leading to both teams taking over 20 more field goal attempts than the Lakers. It is hard to fathom how such a big front line with two very capable rebounders could now be a team that has a below league average defensive rebound rate. Yes, that is correct. The Lakers are now 18th in the league in defensive rebounding. This was supposed to be a strong suit of the Lakers and was one reason their defense was so strong at the start of the season.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#86 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 31, 2012 - 12:30 PM

SMH

http://www.silverscr...-the-rebounding

The lack of effort, fundamentals, and boxing out by this team is truly perplexing to me. There is no reason for the Lakers being 18th in the league when it comes to defensive rebounding.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, January 31, 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

#87 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,174 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 05:26 PM

Stupid idea but Let Gasol come off the bench but still play starter minutes..

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#88 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Didn't like the rebounding but they showed improvement.

Here comes the Grammy Trip. 6 games in 10 nights. Im ready!! :rock:

FRI @DEN
SAT @ UTAH

MON @PHI
THU @BOS (potential TNT game for Kobe to pass Shaq for 5th on All time list)\
FRI @ NYK

SUN @TOR 10 AM!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#89 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted February 01, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Stupid idea but Let Gasol come off the bench but still play starter minutes..

Yes that is a stupid idea.
htCCl0m.png

#90 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 02, 2012 - 02:52 PM

Didn't like the rebounding but they showed improvement.

Here comes the Grammy Trip. 6 games in 10 nights. Im ready!! :rock:

FRI @DEN
SAT @ UTAH

MON @PHI
THU @BOS (potential TNT game for Kobe to pass Shaq for 5th on All time list)\
FRI @ NYK

SUN @TOR 10 AM!

Cant belive im saying this but i would be happy if we came out 3/6
Posted Image

#91 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 06, 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm complaining that the league suspends Mike Brown a game and gives him a 25k fine bad enough w/o the game day pay don't you agree? Sack the 6'ers at 4pm!!!!

#92 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Help cannot come soon enough. Zero production from the SF position is destroying us.

#93 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:47 PM

its literally 3 on 5 right now. you have 0 production at all from SF and then you have like a spec of production from PG
Posted Image

#94 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,174 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 08:07 PM

If we can get Granger for cheap I would love it, but price will be too high. Granger is an excellent SF that can contribute.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#95 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 08:10 PM

that'll take gasol at worst. i'm thinking more dorell wright.

use half the TPE on dorell wright and the other half on jerryd bayless

suddenly we are a really athletic team with 2 really good spot up shooters
Posted Image

#96 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted February 06, 2012 - 08:12 PM

that'll take gasol at worst. i'm thinking more dorell wright.

use half the TPE on dorell wright and the other half on jerryd bayless

suddenly we are a really athletic team with 2 really good spot up shooters

I wish

#97 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 08, 2012 - 04:01 PM

when are we using our TPE
Posted Image

#98 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 08:02 PM

livingston could guard lin <_<

bw1wOGf.png

#99 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not understanding the need to completely cut Goudelock's minutes with Steve Blake's return. Horrible decision.

#100 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2012 - 08:08 PM

gonna be using you a lot this season baby

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users