#442 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,213 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 21, 2011 - 10:30 PM

They are good offensively but defensively they are not impressive at all.

Good second game. We were still close in the end despite another 20+ turnover game. This team will be just fine.

I agree that we'll be fine. Im just tired of people making excuses as to why we lost. Both teams treated it like it was a real game, and the Clippers came out on top this time. Lakers played a very good game with what they have to work with now. Definitely gonna be an interesting season.

Edited by alexthegreat, December 21, 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#443 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted December 21, 2011 - 10:49 PM

I agree that we'll be fine. Im just tired of people making excuses as to why we lost. Both teams treated it like it was a real game, and the Clippers came out on top this time. Lakers played a very good game with what they have to work with now. Definitely gonna be an interesting season.

Both teams treated it like it was a real game? Good god. Because we had Goudelock and Murphy play down the stretch.... Or because we started Gerald Green in the 2nd half? We did not treat this like a real game.... At all.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#444 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 10:53 PM

I hope Otis watched this game.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#445 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,213 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:02 PM

Both teams treated it like it was a real game? Good god. Because we had Goudelock and Murphy play down the stretch.... Or because we started Gerald Green in the 2nd half? We did not treat this like a real game.... At all.

Did you forget those are 3 point shooters? I also saw Pau and Bynum in there down the stretch. Look at the minutes played on each side. Even the Clippers had their bench in there.

Edited by alexthegreat, December 21, 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#446 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:05 PM

Did you forget those are 3 point shooters? I also saw Pau and Bynum in there down the stretch. Look at the minutes played on each side. Even the Clippers had their bench in there.

The Clippers played their starting 5 down The stretch of 4th.... Lakers had Goudelock and Murphy. What don't you understand?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#447 bazinga

bazinga

Rookie

• 33 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:14 PM

Some Notes: Bynum played extremely well tonight. Steve Blake's shot looked pretty good. Let's hope he can keep it up. Ebanks also looked good in the limited minutes he was out there. Artest (Metta?) still didn't look good... Gasol seemed off tonight but we all know what he's capable of. I expect him to play better once the season gets going. Murphy, McRoberts, and Kapono didn't do much. Too early to judge if they can contribute. Green was pretty bad. He made lots of mistakes. Morris didn't play. He seems like he has a lot of potential though. I guess Mike Brown is experimenting with different lineups. Defense was mediocre. 22 Turnovers is completely ridiculous. With Bynum out the first 5 games, Brown should consider sitting Kobe. Lots of positives tonight but the Lakers have a lot to work on.

Edited by bazinga, December 21, 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#448 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,213 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:14 PM

The Clippers played their starting 5 down The stretch of 4th.... Lakers had Goudelock and Murphy. What don't you understand?

Even though I explained that they probably were in there for 3-point purposes, whats your excuse for Monday then?

#449 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:17 PM

Even though I explained that they probably were in there for 3-point purposes, whats your excuse for Monday then?

Or because it's preseason? Monday we played horrible, but were also messing around with rotations. Don't take to much outta preseason games bud.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#450 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,213 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:20 PM

Or because it's preseason? Monday we played horrible, but were also messing around with rotations. Don't take to much outta preseason games bud.

Im not. All i said was the Clippers looked like they were gonna be a good team this year, yet you felt the need to make a snide remark for no reason. Guess i must have hit a soft spot or something. We are all Laker fans here.

#451 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,960 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:22 PM

Ya dude we were in no way trying our best to win this. If were we would have played Ebanks allot more. I mean he player less than anyone except green. He was owning when he was in so lets think before we say something completely incorrect.

#452 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:23 PM

Im not. All i said was the Clippers looked like they were gonna be a good team this year, yet you felt the need to make a snide remark for no reason. Guess i must have hit a soft spot or something. We are all Laker fans here.

You said the Clippers are contenders have two preseason games? :mellow:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#453 alexthegreat

alexthegreat

The GOAT

• 1,213 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:26 PM

You said the Clippers are contenders have two preseason games? :mellow:

I said they COULD be. Whats wrong with making pre-season predictions? Everybody does, every year, in every sport. Like I said, its not like i said the Lakers suck or something. Just either agree with the comment or just ignore it if you don't agree.

Edited by alexthegreat, December 21, 2011 - 11:29 PM.

• 40,603 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:35 PM

I hope Otis watched this game.

Word. Lopez ain't got [expletive] on Bynum. Otis need to wake the [expletive] up!

yo.

#455 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,462 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 22, 2011 - 10:13 AM

I think they looked good, they clearly weren't trying down the stretch, they need to clean up the stupid turnovers, but that is expected when you have a bunch of guys who never play together. Overall, Bynum looks like a beast, and Blake actually looked pretty good in the 2nd half of game 1 and most of game 2. The Clippers look decent, their defense looks terrible, but I'm sure they will clean that up at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users