Photo

If you were Phill who would u start at the sf position?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 jplakers

jplakers

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Fav. Laker:andrew bynum

Posted October 14, 2008 - 08:40 PM

also rad is a good passer for his size having two deep threat players in our staring line up will be great kind of what the hornets do with peja and mo peterson

#22 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 14, 2008 - 09:53 PM

He's got the mid-range J, problem is he passes it up frequently.

I did remember saying could win 6th man - didn't I? Man between pro-Coby Karl or pro-Odom statements you get your head bit off around here with any slight bit of optimism about about borderline players.

#23 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 15, 2008 - 11:54 AM

Odom or Ariza.

There's no way Vlad should be starting. Picks up bad fouls, low bball IQ, turnover prone and has been inconsistent both years in LA.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#24 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted October 15, 2008 - 05:56 PM

He's got the mid-range J, problem is he passes it up frequently.

I did remember saying could win 6th man - didn't I? Man between pro-Coby Karl or pro-Odom statements you get your head bit off around here with any slight bit of optimism about about borderline players.

I'm speechless.

That's like saying Bynum has 3 point range...he just passes it up.

It's not the pro-Odom comments. It's comments about parts of his game that have NEVER been his strengths.

I like optimism. I may not agree with SHOES or CB or even OregonLaker but I don't bash them for being optimistic...naive and overly supportive of a player that hasn't proven at any point that he's going to deliver? Yes.

6th man? Still requires skills that LO lacks and has led to him going to the bench in the FIRST place. But I have been wrong before...

#25 Lakers 24 7

Lakers 24 7

Rookie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2008 - 06:02 PM

I would start Vlad. He always comes out hot in the start of the game, and by the end of the first quarter he goes cold. So I would start him to get the 8-10 points out of him then put in whoever at the sf lol

#26 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 15, 2008 - 06:51 PM

Vlad .... if Lo or Ariza start, they dont spread the defense for Gasol and Bynum to work off each other .... poor spacing ...... Vlad does that, imo that is
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#27 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted October 15, 2008 - 07:00 PM

radmanovic.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#28 fido

fido

• 11,895 posts

Posted October 15, 2008 - 10:43 PM

GCMD, I totally understand what you're saying. Its hard to see a part of someone's game when it doesn't get shown that's for sure. I'm not saying that Odom has some money mid-range jumper and I never said it was one of his strengths per say. What I did mention quickly is that he does have the capability and has shown it when he assertive about it. The problem, as with other aspects of Lamar's gamer, is his hesitancy to do show his full skill set at any one given time.

I'm still of the mind that Lamar (if his attitude gets in the right place) can be a more than valuable 6th man off the bench.

What it sounds like we both do agree on right now is that Lamar is the biggest question mark on the team so far. No matter what skills he shows, does or doesn't possess, he hasn't been the picture of confidence.

#29 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:41 AM

Ron Artest

LOL, I´d be nice...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#30 fido

fido

• 11,895 posts

Posted October 16, 2008 - 10:28 AM

If he'd have opted out - that's who would be starting right now.

#31 SILO

SILO

Hi, I'm a Mac 

• 620 posts
  • Fan Since:was born a laker
  • Fav. Laker:ME!

Posted October 16, 2008 - 12:31 PM

only problem starting vlad is his d. he will get exposed against guys like artest or josh howard. starting, ariza or lo is a better team choice. ariza's j isnt a main concern for offense since we got more than enough offensive power on the floor. LO can do it all but of course his jumper is streaky too and thats being easy on him. id rather post him on the block or have them iso him more for drive in plays,

#32 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/magic/Kareem

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:25 PM

I see why starting vlad is intriguing(gauge his performance early, stretch the defense for the BIG frountcourt), but I rather have Kobe as a three, with a two guard line-up with fish,, and either jordan or farmar, and our twin towers.

#33 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 16, 2008 - 09:28 PM

Fish will get lit up by the better SGs in the league. No way you start him at the 2. Farmar's defense isn't anything to get excited about either. Our backcourt on D will be terrible.

Vlad at 3 is hands down the best choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users