5 replies to this topic

#1 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 13, 2011 - 09:58 PM

You're only seeing ESPN highlights and not the complete picture! DHoward is an accomplished Center but no Messiah at that position or haven't you seen him enough in the other than highlite moments? Free throws ugh, offensive prowess...limited to a few moves.... his D is his calling card. He gets tons of fouls from frustration at not getting easy shots and refs have an edge for T'n him too. He could be a great center but so could a lot of guys! There just aren't enough to compare to. Andrew Bynum should have been playing D league games to develop instead of playing spotty here and there for Phil (I don;t play rookies) Jackson, but once this didn't happen he was injured, once as a normal sort and the second from getting rolled up on under the basket by Kobe. This could happen to any player and I'm not making excuses lots of players have missed games including Cp3, Kobe etc it happens.
Getting CP3 or another top point guard would let Bynum flourish as the triangle would have cramped DHoward too. Everyone has a craving for "Big Deals" but they don't equate to much as chemistry and depth are forgotten. Trade Pau for a guard not for Howard.Now Screamin A. (S)Myth wants to give away everybody including the cheerleaders and Jeannie Buss to get Howard, he thinks he knows hoops, not so fast East coaster!
Without depth foul trouble, injuries and limited rotations keep teams from winning. Didn't someone watch The Heatles? We don't want another west coast version! Line up Bynum with a backup center, which we wouldn't have with Howard either! K24 sg of course!! LOL CP3 pg Blake DFish or____ as back ups, at the moment World Peace sf, no pf remember Odum is in Dallas and Pau is ether in Orlando or NO whichever you chose. Character is out for a while, and also the first five games are w/o Bynum so this gets real real interesting.Howard, Kobe, Fish/Blake, World Peace, and who? is the line up? This sucks imo.
Better to get a rent-a point-guard and get CP# at the end of the season and see how much basketball sense that makes to Stern, which he can't stop btw. The Odum fiasco results in a small comeupance of sorts but Pau and the draft picks plus the youngsters for CP3 and the Odum deal for CP3, you're still short a quality pf and backup center not sweet for a title run this year. Couple that with the intense game schedule and older teams will be lucky to survive til June much less thrive then! Have fun with the pundits !!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, December 13, 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#2 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 10:05 PM

Sorry, I'm not reading that.

Posted Image

#3 247Stylin

247Stylin

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Name:bob smith
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2011 - 10:30 PM

Idontunderstandwhyyoudontwanttoreadthathespentalotoftimetypingthatup. Douche.

#4 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:34 PM

I guess I am tired of hearing on the air and in print all the BS on what the Lakers should do. I've been a fan since long ago and have seen a lot of games. And I know you don't win on paper! Sorry if you have to read more than simple this for that, but I explained why. Peace!

#5 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,492 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2011 - 03:19 AM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Posted Image

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 14, 2011 - 03:27 AM

Boo to the idiots who cannot read more then a one lined post, and can much less even comprehend, or form an opinion about the subject at hand.
How dare someone have the odacisty and courage to post a topic that has thier own thoughts and opinons! What is this! Some kind of place for Conversation!!!!

I say three CHEERS to those that take the time and have the opinions to craft a statement. To think and provide insight!

(note, i disable avatars and Sigs, i do not want that nonsense, i want your insights!, No matter how much i ido like some of TLN members avatars and sigs when i do happen to see them...)

Pure text with no distraction is the best means of communitcation on the internet, if you have a picture of some girl with a HUGE rack (or are expecting/hoping to see one) then a whole body of text riddiled with opinions and insight, will be unintresting to you. Like a computer to a mule.

I say good day!

Now, on the subject at hand.
I fell so terrible about the Odom move, and i wish the Lakers would not have done it, i wish Odom would have understanded Buisness. But, some people do not like to take the time to think, read, comprehend, and react to real events going on, they want everything to be simple, and when its not, they ignore it, or if they cant, they get mad and act like a immature child.

You have to wonder...
We have such technology, such emense POWER and KNOWLEDGE in the palms of our hands and at our fingertips... And yet... we are becoming a more stupid and selfish people... Could the Lights of Peverted Science usher in a New Dark Ages. (bounus to whoever where this last phrase comes from!!!!!)

-Reguards
TKZ

Edited by TKainZero, December 14, 2011 - 03:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users