6 replies to this topic

#1 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:42 PM

I mentioned this in another topic. The Lakers are close to being able to take back Elton Brand's contract from the Sixers if they give up Bynum and Gasol for Dwight and Hedo.

The Sixers have been desperate to get rid of his contract for years now. They were willing to just give up the number 2 pick in 2010 to any team willing to take on his contract. And, they just re-signed Thaddeus Young to a big contract extension and drafted Nikola Vucevic. So, I don't think it would take much to get him.

But, he played well last season, and hasn't missed a lot of games the last 2 seasons. He was a 15 and 8 guy both last regular season and in the playoffs. It's only for 2 more years, so he would expire right before the new luxury tax rates kick in.

It would look like this:

Lakers get:

Howard
Turkoglu
Brand

Magic get:

Bynum
Gasol
Barnes
Ebanks
Caracter

Sixers get:

Draft Picks

So basically... Howard and Brand vs Bynum and Gasol.

Edited by Japago, December 13, 2011 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 13, 2011 - 10:14 PM

I really think that there are deals to be had with the sixers. Lou Williams, Elton Brand and even Andre Igoudala possible.

However, this trade I dont like. Brand is an injury waiting to happen (like Bynum) so i would be very catious about having him as a key guy on the Lakers. Also, I really like Barnes on the Lakers. He is cheap, efficient and tough.

#3 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:29 PM

I really think that there are deals to be had with the sixers. Lou Williams, Elton Brand and even Andre Igoudala possible.

However, this trade I dont like. Brand is an injury waiting to happen (like Bynum) so i would be very catious about having him as a key guy on the Lakers. Also, I really like Barnes on the Lakers. He is cheap, efficient and tough.

Brand has been good though the last 2 seasons. He played 76 games in '09-10 and 81 games in '10-11. And, the Lakers have too many wings as is. I like Barnes too, but would give him up in a throw in. Him, Ebanks, and Caracter needed to be thrown in to make the salaries work.

I like the idea of trading for Brand because it wouldn't take much to get him and he can play.

Posted Image

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:47 PM

Brand has been good though the last 2 seasons. He played 76 games in '09-10 and 81 games in '10-11. And, the Lakers have too many wings as is. I like Barnes too, but would give him up in a throw in. Him, Ebanks, and Caracter needed to be thrown in to make the salaries work.

I like the idea of trading for Brand because it wouldn't take much to get him and he can play.

Metta World Peace and Odom's TPE would work.

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 12:02 AM

Metta World Peace and Odom's TPE would work.

Metta World Peace has negative value because of his contract, and Odom's TPE can't fit Brand's salary.

I like Barnes, but the Lakers have too many wings. World Peace, Kapono, Ebanks, and himself. After this trade, the Lakers would have one less SF(+Turkoglu, - Barnes and Ebanks.) They would still need to spread time to Turkoglu, World Peace, and Kapono.

Posted Image

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 12:09 AM

Artest is about 6 million, odoms TPE around 9, thats 15 million for Brand's 17.

Regarding Artest, he would fill a hole at the 3, if they were to trade Iggy, which they have wanted for a while.

#7 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 12:19 AM

Artest is about 6 million, odoms TPE around 9, thats 15 million for Brand's 17.

Regarding Artest, he would fill a hole at the 3, if they were to trade Iggy, which they have wanted for a while.

TPEs need to fit in a player's entire salary. You can't combine it with another player, or even another TPE.

They may have a need at SF, but World Peace's contract is bad. The Sixers are usually a low payroll team and don't want to take on bad contracts.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users