#1 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hello Laker Nation! :D

I'm from Cyprus an island where soccer is the primary sport but a sport that i really don't like so much to watch. :nah:

I always loved basketball and when i decided to chose an NBA team to support as a child the Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers where my choice hands down. :glasses:

Not just a storied franchise, not just a winning team, but also the most consistent team in the history of the NBA. The team either was winning Championships or not was every decade a team not to be ignored.

Even when the Celtics or the Bulls were having their dynasties. And thats what sets appart the Lakers from every other NBA team. Celtics fans always love to talk about their great dynasty and their consecutive Championships but non of them are in the mood to talk about their major slumb in the 90s losing the playoffs 6 consecutive times and 7 in 8 years.

In addition to see my team in the Finals 1 time every 2 years in average and win half of them is an honor not a think to be embaraced about.

Ι think that this is a transition year for the team and although i expect once again the goal to be the Championship i'm not going to be sad if things go out of control.

Is the end of an era with Phil leaving the team and this year we have to establish chemistry at every level so we can compete again as magor favor for the NBA Championship.

I'm very sad about Odom leaving and even worse go to a Conference rival, but i will be glad if Pau and Bynum staying is truly the case. If we are going to have a team with a weak bench like the 2004 team we better at least have a Championship caliber starting 5 with a good chemistry.

The season is shortened and to have a good 5-6 players who can do some basic things from the word go is going to be crucial as we try to have a good Conference seed at the end of the regular season.

Glad to be with you guys :)
The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

http://lakerspao.blo...etroit-and.html

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#2 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2011 - 06:12 PM

welcome! :81: :omg:

#3 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:10 PM

What up stay active

#4 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 12, 2011 - 07:59 PM

Welcome man! Be sure to stay active!

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#5 hopper

hopper

Rookie

• 25 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2011 - 04:26 AM

Good choice! welcome

#6 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold