Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 370 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:01 PM

ESPN Radio RIGHT NOW!

Recap:

- Working on a "couple of big trades" (reporters saying 2)

- Asked if one of the deals was for Chris Paul, Kupchack responds: "There's several big deals out there that we're still pursuing"

- Has been working 17 hour days for the last 2 weeks

- Didn't want to trade Lamar Odom, but that Odom requested a trade, and didn't know if Dallas TPE offer would stay if they had waited that long, so he had to pull the trigger

- Apologized personally to Pau Gasol last Saturday, very proud of how he handled the ordeal

- Believed Chris Paul to Lakers was a done deal last Thursday, believed Chris Paul would've been a Clipper today

- Does not plan on using Amnesty this season (Friday is last day to use it)

- Expects Kobe-Gasol-Bynum to be in Lakers (but still looking to get a couple of big trades)

Edited by Jordan-esque, December 12, 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,558 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:07 PM

what can be bigger than the 2 big guys we just missed on...

bw1wOGf.png

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:22 PM

Keep an eye on Andre Iguodala

#4 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:24 PM

Keep an eye on Andre Iguodala

In exchange for? Trade exception included?

Edited by Ahh, December 12, 2011 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:26 PM

what can be bigger than the 2 big guys we just missed on...

We haven't missed out on Dwight. Calm down.
htCCl0m.png

#6 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,160 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:30 PM

Somewhat reassuring to see Mitch come out to the media and confirm that he IS infact still pursuing a big trade(s).

It's a matter of him doing his best now to get certain players here. I know he has tried but so far Stern has made his job near impossible.

#7 Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Guest_Andrew Evenstar_*

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:32 PM

In exchange for? Trade exception included?

I'd be happy / satisfied with that.

I know he can score, but can he defend?

#8 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,307 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:33 PM

He apologized to Pau .. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind and trade him away too .. Come on, Mitch, we trust you !

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#9 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,170 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:33 PM

SO hey said expect Gasol and Bynum to be a laker but still going for a "big" trade? Unless one of those guys get traded, how the hell are we going to have a "big" trade? What, the Magic willing to trade Dwight for Luke Walton? LOL Something doesn't make sense. If Gasol and Bynum is still a Laker, say goodbye to Dwight and Cp3 and say hello to a good journeymen to join the team ladies and gentleman.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#10 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2011 - 01:46 PM

The response seems both good and somber. If we're expecting to keep Bynum and Gasol, then I don't see what "big trades" could come about. But, on the other hand; working 17 hour days for two weeks + confirms "still working on big trades"... the key words are "expecting" and "big trades", so we'll have to see how this plays out.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#11 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:02 PM

SO hey said expect Gasol and Bynum to be a laker but still going for a "big" trade? Unless one of those guys get traded, how the hell are we going to have a "big" trade? What, the Magic willing to trade Dwight for Luke Walton? LOL Something doesn't make sense. If Gasol and Bynum is still a Laker, say goodbye to Dwight and Cp3 and say hello to a good journeymen to join the team ladies and gentleman.

He would never and would be stupid to say that he is looking for big trades and specifically name Pau or Bynum's name as a possibility. It'll only make more tension on the team. They could get a decent player with the trade exception, but the only big trades would probably involve Pau or Bynum but he just shouldn't mention them.

#12 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:03 PM

LOL...oh how the mighty have fallen!

We were the talk of the NBA less than 4 days ago.

Now, we are back at square 1.

Take my advice and just chill. Whatever happens, happens. This is the first year of the Mike Brown Era. Anyone expecting a Championship in his first season was deluding himself. We can take the time to make good moves to build this team up in to a championship dynasty within the next 5 years.

And with the trade bait we have now, there is no reason to make moves just to make them.

Things will be just fine.

Personally, I love the time it takes restocking the team.

Many here are Kobe fans and want to see Kobe surpass Jordan (2 more Championships). That would be nice but not at the expense of the future of the Lakers. If Kupchak can make moves that set us up for the next 5 years, good. If not, there is no reason to rush.

#13 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:11 PM

He has to say that. What's he gonna say? We're looking for big trades to happen soon, so don't expect Pau and Bynum here for much longer.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#14 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:19 PM

wow, the clock is tickin a lot louder now for Kobe.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,170 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:23 PM

I hope Bynum is gone. I am not a fan of his at all. AM I the only one who hates Bynum here? He is still a prospect , injury prone and immature little brat. Trade him for a bag of chips like what they did to Odom.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#16 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:27 PM

I hope Bynum is gone. I am not a fan of his at all. AM I the only one who hates Bynum here? He is still a prospect , injury prone and immature little brat. Trade him for a bag of chips like what they did to Odom.

Naw I like him. He has the will to become a great player. He may be a snotty mofo, but he's still young and will only get mature. I'd rather trade Pau for CP3 than Bynum.

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,170 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 02:35 PM

Naw I like him. He has the will to become a great player. He may be a snotty mofo, but he's still young and will only get mature. I'd rather trade Pau for CP3 than Bynum.

why do people always give this "young" as an excuse? He is not young anymore! He's 23 turning 24. Dwight is what 25 years old ? Some people are not mature people period doesn't matter how old they are. Look at Shaq, he's 65 years old and still act like a little kid. Stop giving this guy the age excuse for being immature. I dont believe this guy will change. thats his personality.

#18 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 12, 2011 - 03:12 PM

you're the only one.

I like the guy..

I say we keep drew and ship out Pau.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#19 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2011 - 03:36 PM

+1
Posted Image

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,102 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 12, 2011 - 04:36 PM

you're the only one.

no he isn't.

I'm indifferent towards Bynum which is better than I use to feel about him

As far as the story goes, I hope something IS being done.

Here's the ESPN link btw...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7346237/gm-mitch-kupchack-says-los-angeles-lakers-pursuing-big-deals-right-now

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users