6 replies to this topic

#1 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,134 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted December 11, 2011 - 09:33 PM

so i was actually on Lakers Nation and i opened up one of the topics on here and my ipod touch started to load but about halfway through loading it just completely stopped and froze. so then since ive had this simliar problem once before i thought i could either wait for my ipod to eventually just crash and go home because it couldnt run the web page or i would just restart it completely by using the home/sleep button but now it appears i can do neither because not even the sleep or home button is working and its still stuck frozen on the half loaded web page
is there anything i could possibly do or do i need to just wait until the battery eventually dies? ive also tried plugging it in to my computer or outlet to see if it might respond but no such luck. anyways i really use my ipod alot and would greatly appreciate any help i could get.

#2 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,155 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 11, 2011 - 09:47 PM

so i was actually on Lakers Nation and i opened up one of the topics on here and my ipod touch started to load but about halfway through loading it just completely stopped and froze. so then since ive had this simliar problem once before i thought i could either wait for my ipod to eventually just crash and go home because it couldnt run the web page or i would just restart it completely by using the home/sleep button but now it appears i can do neither because not even the sleep or home button is working and its still stuck frozen on the half loaded web page
is there anything i could possibly do or do i need to just wait until the battery eventually dies? ive also tried plugging it in to my computer or outlet to see if it might respond but no such luck. anyways i really use my ipod alot and would greatly appreciate any help i could get.

Try holding Power + Home button at the same time, this should solve it. Afterwards I think you would want to do a clean restore. Not from a backup.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#3 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,134 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:00 PM

Try holding Power + Home button at the same time, this should solve it. Afterwards I think you would want to do a clean restore. Not from a backup.

umm i would but my home button doesnt work anymore actually(sorry should have mentioned that) and the way i get home is by using a cydia program and yes my ipod is jailbroken lol

#4 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,155 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:32 PM

Ah.. no worries, I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 myself lol. Then I have no idea, sorry. Maybe when you get it up and running away from letting your battery die, try doing a clean install. (Hopefully you got your blobs saved)

Edit; Forgot your home button does not work, therefore you cannot get into DFU mode.

Edited by vong, December 11, 2011 - 10:33 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#5 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,134 posts

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:42 PM

DFU mode? haha and yea i guess ill just have to wait thanks anyway but it should eventually run out right?

#6 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2011 - 10:55 PM

Try a program called recboot

Edited by Notorious Arab, December 11, 2011 - 10:55 PM.

Posted Image

#7 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,134 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 12:08 AM

Try a program called recboot

you mean restore it right?
im not so sure i should do that IF i can just wait for the battery to die and then just reboot it no?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users