#19821 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Anyone know when the deadline to match Asik and Lins contracts are?
Posted Image

#19822 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Its 3 days after the official signing since Lin was signed today, it has to be within the next 72 hours.
I don't know when Asik was signed but yeah, doubt Chicago matches, he blows!

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#19823 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well NY has three days from today to match Lin's contract. And as soon as that is figured out, Houston will deliver the offer sheet for Asik. Then Chicago will have 3 days to match that.

#19824 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:29 PM

Its 3 days after the official signing since Lin was signed today, it has to be within the next 72 hours.

Asik hasn't been signed yet. The Rockets are waiting on the Lin situation to be resolved.

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#19825 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,541 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well NY has three days from today to match Lin's contract. And as soon as that is figured out, Houston will deliver the offer sheet for Asik. Then Chicago will have 3 days to match that.

Why can't they do both at the same time.... :nah: They delivering there responses by pony mail?

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#19826 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:30 PM

Asik isn't that bad of a player. He's actually a good backup.

But, the money being thrown at him...it's not something the Bulls want to dip their hand into, given that they are already wrapped up in big contracts with both Noah and Deng.

I doubt the Knicks are going to bring back Lin, also, but you never know with that franchise. It doesn't make much sense at this point, unless they plan on playing Jason Kidd at the two...but maybe they are that dumb.

#19827 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,287 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm surprised that I haven't gotten too worked up about the Dwight situation.

Do I want him here? Absolutely, but if he doesn't want to play here and force his way to LA, then it's probably not meant to be. We'll still have Bynum.

Mitch probably sees it the same way and will move on at some point in time, we have other issues too, like our bench. That needs to get adressed as well.

#19828 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Of course Dan Gilbert [expletive]s us over...

LOL I called it. IF there was a deal to be made with those 3 Cleveland should be the 3rd wheel and Orlando wants Bynum, well Im sure both were arguing over that and now talks are over

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#19829 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:46 PM

I was just thinking that if we as fans are so fed up with this Howard thing, imagine how Mitch must be feeling. Poor guy...

#19830 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:46 PM

Ok so I just got back and checked on what I missed.either them beers I had got to me or did I just see that crazy picture lol.might be the beer goggles but Damn she fine lol.I'm jk

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#19831 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:48 PM

LOL I called it. IF there was a deal to be made with those 3 Cleveland should be the 3rd wheel and Orlando wants Bynum, well Im sure both were arguing over that and now talks are over

But I thought Orlando lost interest in Bynum because of his injury history and him being in the final year of his contract. And now they want prospects, cap relief, and picks.

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#19832 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 11:54 PM

But I thought Orlando lost interest in Bynum because of his injury history and him being in the final year of his contract. And now they want prospects, cap relief, and picks.

Who knows why the Cavs backed out. Gilbert is kind of an [expletive] anyways. I'll never forget that letter he sent about the CP3 trade... :angry:

#19833 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 12:08 AM

If Cleveland backed out, it was because they didn't want to give up on Thompson so early + the combination of losing their first rounders AND taking on two bad contracts.

I mean, let's put it this way: Varejao, Waiters and Zeller are the only three players the Cavaliers have signed PAST this upcoming season. Their payroll, next summer, will be at $14 million (somewhere around there). The team option for Kyrie is $5.9 million, and they will take that. Team option for Thompson is only $4.2 million.

So you have a team that can, potentially, be $34 million under the cap, a $24 million payroll (approximately).

If the Cavaliers value their picks, Varejao and Thompson more than they do getting Bynum a few months earlier...well, they will wait, offer Drew the max deal next summer, and because the Cavaliers are on his list of teams, they have a pretty good shot of landing him.

They won't move mountains to get Bynum. Not right now.

#19834 Styles

Styles

Rookie

• 23 posts
  • Fan Since:82

Posted July 15, 2012 - 12:12 AM

I've been following this website for years but never posted I couldn't continue living life without posting on the D12 thread :) Go Lake Show!!!

#19835 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 12:15 AM

If Cleveland backed out, it was because they didn't want to give up on Thompson so early + the combination of losing their first rounders AND taking on two bad contracts.

I mean, let's put it this way: Varejao, Waiters and Zeller are the only three players the Cavaliers have signed PAST this upcoming season. Their payroll, next summer, will be at $14 million (somewhere around there). The team option for Kyrie is $5.9 million, and they will take that. Team option for Thompson is only $4.2 million.

So you have a team that can, potentially, be $34 million under the cap, a $24 million payroll (approximately).

If the Cavaliers value their picks, Varejao and Thompson more than they do getting Bynum a few months earlier...well, they will wait, offer Drew the max deal next summer, and because the Cavaliers are on his list of teams, they have a pretty good shot of landing him.

They won't move mountains to get Bynum. Not right now.

Yeah, I knew it didn't make sense for them to do so much to get Bynum and help LA at the same time. I was skeptical about this thing from the beginning. But the specific reasons you pointed out are pretty logical.

That being said, I'm not sure who LA can work with right now. I thought Houston, but we all know how that turned out. Hopefully Lin and Asik both come to Houston, putting them out of it. And then LA is probably the last one left. Next week is big.

#19836 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 12:53 AM

I think any deal involving us will more than likely have to inclucde a 3rd team.
With that being said, the team has to have Cap Space, Solid 1st Round Picks, and young players with potential.
I think the few teams in the league aside from the Cavs and Rockets are Kings, Bobcats, Bucks???

Just some random scenarios that are similar to CLE/HOU ones.

Kings (Several Future PIcks To ORL Aswell)
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=766ngzl

Bucks (Several Future Picks To ORL Aswell)
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=6mn8n3c

Yeah they seem unrealistic but lets be honest, most of the rumors seem pretty far fetched
You never know how much a team is willing to give for a certain player.

Cousins had numerous issues at the start of the season with the Kings.
The Bucks are in desperate need of a solid big man.

Edited by lakers1o1, July 15, 2012 - 12:57 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#19837 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 15, 2012 - 12:59 AM

Sign Magic Johnson and trade him for LBJ, Wade and the Bostrich. On Magic's way to Miami we will fake his death so he will be a Laker for life.

#19838 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted July 15, 2012 - 01:01 AM

Can anyone review the last 50 pages for me please ? :laughing:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#19839 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 01:07 AM

Let's just say the Rockets get both Lin and Asik, at around $8 million a season.

That bumps their payroll up to nearly $49-50 million, giving them roughly $8 million in cap space.

If Orlando wanted to take Kevin Martin, the Rockets could hand the Magic:

Martin
Patterson
Morris (to Phoenix)
Lee (S&T to Phoenix)
rights to Lamb
rights to Jones
rights to White
Suns future 1st

With that, Houston takes Dwight, Duhon and J-Rich (depending on how much the S&T is for Courtney Lee, of course).

Phoenix gets Lee (who they want), Morris (to team with his twin brother) and Glen Davis.

The Rockets run with a lineup of:

C - Dwight Howard | Omer Asik
PF - Donatas Motiejunas | Jon Leuer
SF - Chandler Parsons | Gary Forbes
SG - Jason Richardson | Toney Douglas
PG - Jeremy Lin | Chris Duhon

I mean...this is Houston trusting that a complete shake-up will land them in contention, and that Dwight will sign his name on the dotted line for a few more years in a Rockets jersey, but this is just one scenario that can play out.

Not saying Phoenix will be that team, though...just pointing out that the Rockets can still make a deal happen, despite landing both Asik and Lin.

#19840 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Here's what the Cavs have been doing to everyone during the offseason:

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)