27273 replies to this topic

#17001 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Eh... You know what, when have Lakers ever made a deal, where it was "rumoured" or even "close" or even "imminent"...

Look at steve nash trade? ... BANG outta no where

Pau Gasol Trade? BANG outta no where

Ron Artest Signing? BANG outta no where

Ariza tradE? BANG outta no where

The only trade that DID have some SOURCEs before hand was the CP3 Trade and that was still "shocking news" it was only liek 2 hours before it happened and look it got vetoed...

So my point is. This trade will never happen lol.
Laker fan for life.

#17002 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Me kicking Hennigans ass is imminent. How dumb can a person really be?

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#17003 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:48 PM

session trade was out there weeks before
Posted Image

#17004 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Eh... You know what, when have Lakers ever made a deal, where it was "rumoured" or even "close" or even "imminent"...

The only trade that DID have some SOURCEs before hand was the CP3 Trade and that was still "shocking news" it was only liek 2 hours before it happened and look it got vetoed...

Dwight Howard is a much bigger deal than those signings, which is why it is similar to the CP3 deal where info gets leaked.

#17005 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yeah I started thinking about that too. Our trades or offseason moves that end up happening are usually not even seen coming. Kinda makes me worry that this probably won't come to fruitation

#17006 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Steve Nash was reported a week before saying we were in discussions with Phoenix but Phoenix ownership didn't want to do it.

Artest was reported for years. Lakers tried to get him every chance they could. When he was available they grabbed him.

Not every deal is out of nowhere. Every situation is different because every person is different and different people handle situations differently
Posted Image

#17007 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:52 PM

its early?

This newest Magic-Lakers-Rockets situation is early.

#17008 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Steve Nash was reported a week before saying we were in discussions with Phoenix but Phoenix ownership didn't want to do it.

Artest was reported for years. Lakers tried to get him every chance they could. When he was available they grabbed him.

Not every deal is out of nowhere. Every situation is different because every person is different and different people handle situations differently

Yes but with Nash it was different because he said he didnt want to be a laker and every report out there was he was gonna be a knick, or a raptor... No one expected that deal i was shocked when i seen it

Artest I was shocked aswell. I ddint expect Artest to sign for that much at the time. yes we tried getting him in the past.. And I did not expect to get him at all that year, he could have commanded an 8-10 million annual contract at the time.

Sessions was probably the only one I can think of where they were working on it for a very long time and there was always rumuours aroudn it...

Edited by Lakers4Life, July 10, 2012 - 06:54 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#17009 kobe8

kobe8

Rookie

• 166 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:54 PM

itll happen. no ones gonna be able to take on jrich AND turk. highly unlikely

Posted Image

#17010 NBA2kMonster23

NBA2kMonster23

Rookie

• 112 posts
  • Name:BJ Whitaker
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and KB24

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Like I said in all my other posts. We have to be patient about this and there is a lot of things the 3 teams have to work out. It's a fluid situation but I feel we can pull this one out with a W. We are in the running and things can heat up at anytime. Just relax, if the Lakers, Rockets, and Magic are serious about this it will get done hopefully. So lets just keep our faith and hope alive and maybe in the next 24 to 48 hours a 3 way trade involving the Lakers getting Dwight Howard will be done. Lets just be patient..

#17011 Scrappy

Scrappy

Purple & Gold & Blue

• 436 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers & Dodgers All The Way!!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/Magic/Karream/Pau/Fisher

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:55 PM

is tmr the free angecy thingy don't every team has to make a deal before the 12?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers|Los Angeles Dodgers|USC Trojans

#17012 Rad

Rad

• 1,644 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

80's people will understand the correlation.

#17013 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:57 PM

"Houston and Orlando could do something between themselves instead of gifting the Lakers another dynasty, not sure why anyone thought the 3 team deal would go anywhere. "

- Thats from an Orlando Fan

Who actually makes a good point. Why would the Rockets help us? I dunno, sorry about being pessimistic but Rockets can acquire Howard themselves with their assets, its a risk for them taking bynum/or Howard and they might as well go for Howard.
Laker fan for life.

#17014 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,106 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:58 PM

I think the deal will be done between July 12 to July 14. The Magic did say that this Dwightception will be finished by the end of the week.

#17015 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:00 PM

"Houston and Orlando could do something between themselves instead of gifting the Lakers another dynasty, not sure why anyone thought the 3 team deal would go anywhere. "

Who actually makes a good point. Why would the Rockets help us? I dunno, sorry about being pessimistic but Rockets can acquire Howard themselves with their assets, its a risk for them taking bynum/or Howard and they might as well go for Howard.

It is known that Bynum has already stated that Houston is one of the few teams that he would want to play for. So Houston is not worried about him leaving. Howard, on the other hand, is as good as gone. Plus, Houston has no other talent on the team. It would practically be as if Dwight was still on the Magic.

#17016 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Because a report came out a few weeks ago saying Dwight would not re-sign in Houston and last night a report came out that Bynum had Houston on his potential free agent destinations.

If Dwight gave Houston the green light for an extension, the deal would be done already. It comes down to the extension which Bynum would reportedly sign if he played with Houston.

#17017 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,564 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:03 PM

Honestly, worst come to worst, If the Magic wanted LA to take up more Cap Space.
We should take JRich along side Big Baby Glen Davis.
We take Howard, Jrich, Glen Davis.
Give up Bynum, Blake, McRoberts. Or throw MWP in that mix instead of the other 2.

And all that JRich Steve Nash talk I don't get.
I looked at the baby pictures and the baby girl is as white as the bottom of my butt...

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#17018 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:03 PM

Bynum will resign, Dwight won't. It's not a risk with Dwight. It's a certainty he will leave especially from a gutted team in a city like Houston.
Posted Image

#17019 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:04 PM

Bynum will most likely stay. Dwight will be gone next year. That's why.

#17020 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:05 PM

I feel like we are constantly on the verge of pulling this off.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)