#20061 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Dwight and Orlando are a perfect example for the song Hot n Your Cold by Katy Perry.

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#20062 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts
  • Name:Andrey Antonov
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Shaq era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:53 PM

not quite lol if Fegan's agent sends out BS rumors to scare away potential suitors until January 15, Nets & Magic can start trade talks again. Yes this crazy thing might get dragged out that long. Right now Orlando doesn't like any of the offers

I know, but I just don't see it dragging out this long. Starting the season with Dwight Howard will be a very dumb move for the organization.

#20063 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 15, 2012 - 08:47 PM

not quite lol if Fegan's agent sends out BS rumors to scare away potential suitors until January 15, Nets & Magic can start trade talks again. Yes this crazy thing might get dragged out that long. Right now Orlando doesn't like any of the offers

I don't think Feagan can make Orlando wait that long. Orlando wants Howard and this headache gone. They have no problem waiting a bit but they're not going to have Howard start the season, no way in hell. They'll trade him to Houston or LA before that happens.

Once Houston gets Lin and Asik, they have a better idea with how to go about getting Howard. They have multiple proposals lined up as was reported, so they need to pick the right one. After that starts, then LA can try to counteroffer and it'll go from there. Thankfully, with Lin and Asik on the Rockets they have less flexibility than before, but it's still possible for them to get Howard.

Edited by bfc1125roy, July 15, 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#20064 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:09 PM

I don't think Feagan can make Orlando wait that long. Orlando wants Howard and this headache gone. They have no problem waiting a bit but they're not going to have Howard start the season, no way in hell. They'll trade him to Houston or LA before that happens.

Once Houston gets Lin and Asik, they have a better idea with how to go about getting Howard. They have multiple proposals lined up as was reported, so they need to pick the right one. After that starts, then LA can try to counteroffer and it'll go from there. Thankfully, with Lin and Asik on the Rockets they have less flexibility than before, but it's still possible for them to get Howard.

They'll have less flexibility, but also, they will have pretty much no money remaining to sign another star player to a max contract. I remember seeing somewhere that if they didn't get Lin or Asik that they would be able to sign another max player (such as CP3). Dwight might see Houston as an even MORE unattractive destination due to their inability to sign another star. Possibly Houston recognizes that and decides that if they end up with Lin and Asik that then they will look to Bynum.

#20065 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Its Sunday there bbqing n drinking beer like the rest of us

Iirc, Mitch and co. pulled off the Nash trade on the 4th of July ... So yeah, I doubt Mitch takes weekends off.

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#20066 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:11 PM

They'll have less flexibility, but also, they will have pretty much no money remaining to sign another star player to a max contract. I remember seeing somewhere that if they didn't get Lin or Asik that they would be able to sign another max player (such as CP3). Dwight might see Houston as an even MORE unattractive destination due to their inability to sign another star. Possibly Houston recognizes that and decides that if they end up with Lin and Asik that then they will look to Bynum.

Agreed. But it doesn't seem like Howard wants Houston much anyways. Whether or not they can sign another max star isn't going to affect whether or not Orlando trades him there unless he comes out and says something. I don't think he will because he's been quiet all summer. I just hope there's a little bit of fire still left in Mitch's magic wand.

#20067 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Agreed. But it doesn't seem like Howard wants Houston much anyways. Whether or not they can sign another max star isn't going to affect whether or not Orlando trades him there unless he comes out and says something. I don't think he will because he's been quiet all summer. I just hope there's a little bit of fire still left in Mitch's magic wand.

I still believe that he's said something to the front office, just in secrecy to protect his trade value. Dwight has been working hard at this like Kobe in the 4th quarter. I don't see him backing down now on something as important as his future. He will be heard, either from the public or from Orlando's front office. I mean the guy straight out told the media that Orlando blackmailed him at the deadline! Dwight has leverage against his own team. He might have blackmailed Orlando back, saying that if I don't get traded to (insert team here), then I will release more information about the franchise. By doing that, it not only opens up the Magic to possible lawsuits, but also pretty much handicaps them from players of all types. Who wants to play for a team that blackmails their players?

#20068 Aline

Aline

Rookie

• 319 posts
  • Fan Since:The womb (1982). Second-generation die-hard.

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:21 PM

But the Magic might not necessarily be inclined to send Dwight wherever he wants to go.

Sooner or later people are going to realize they're being played - if not by Dwight's management, than by the Magic themselves. The only question here is if they do in fact drag it out until January, can the Nets put together the best possible package out of all the potential suitors? That didn't really seem to be the case this last time around. What could they have to offer to sweeten the deal more than what anyone else has on the table?

Although, I suppose one can assume that if the Nets were offering the best package and the Magic were simply holding out for something more, they won't have any more time to drag it out beyond the deadline.

Edited by Aline, July 15, 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#20069 Styles

Styles

Rookie

• 23 posts
  • Fan Since:82

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:30 PM

The Magic r a joke can this saga just be over with. If I Mitch I would sign Bynum to an extension just to end this madness and let us live the rest of our lives.....or until opening tip off...

#20070 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted July 15, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Dwight is just a little kid in the mind he's easily persuaded... He wants so bad to be loved by the fans he went and signed an extention knowing he didnt want to be there. He scared of getting that rep Lebron got when he left the cavs. Dwight needs to man up n do him n stop trying to please everyone n please himself.. Theres gunna b people that r gunna hate him but owell cant b loved by eveyone

#20071 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 15, 2012 - 10:10 PM

This whole Dwight saga really is annoying. Magic need to make a decision before they run out of options.

#20072 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted July 15, 2012 - 10:14 PM

This whole Dwight saga really is annoying. Magic need to make a decision before they run out of options.

heard this millions of times now in thie thread :rolleyes:

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#20073 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,659 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Kind of fed up with this Dwight mayhem, don't really care where he ends up.

Lol at reaching 1000+ :P

MMiRi9s.png

#20074 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted July 16, 2012 - 12:36 AM

Wasn't this the CP3 thread first ?

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#20075 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 16, 2012 - 12:49 AM

Oh right, so true, here are some examples that dispel the 'nothing' in your comment:

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135561

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135545

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135462

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135449

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135320

Nothing amazing, but at least it dispels your argument as every single one of those posts is directly on topic.

found a humorous type gamecock post, you are right gamecock, you do have a sense of humor too, sweet!

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135244

& what's this Hollywood? Act like you're so innocent and always on point:

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135141

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1135128

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1134949

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1134984

http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1134879

Not to mention your almost always one sentence replies on everything seemingly, please bro'. Nothing personal man, just please, think a little more before you make such statements is all.

i don't need to write up an essay to pin point what i am going to say. Everyone here posts OT news etc. even mods. A few times it is funny but every other post give it a break this isn't your own personal chat line.
Posted Image

#20076 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 16, 2012 - 12:50 AM

Wasn't this the CP3 thread first ?

Yes it was when he was traded then nixed.
Posted Image

#20077 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 16, 2012 - 04:44 AM

New day. New rumors. Same [expletive]. :blowup:

#20078 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted July 16, 2012 - 05:21 AM

The lack of updates is pretty disturbing,

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#20079 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Fisher

Posted July 16, 2012 - 05:34 AM

I don't know what's more frustrating: the constant, conflicting "reports" or the lack or reports which makes me think the Magic FO has their heads up their asses

#20080 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 16, 2012 - 05:34 AM

The lack of updates is pretty disturbing,

Lakers do their business in quite times ;)

Maybe its a sign! lol.
Laker fan for life.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)