#20041 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm sure we'll see something tomorrow along the lines of "Lakers, Cavs, Magic discussing three-team trade. However, Cleveland is interested in bypassing Los Angeles and trading directly for Dwight."

I mean, that is how this Dwightmare has gone so far.

#20042 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:56 PM

Its Sunday there bbqing n drinking beer like the rest of us

#20043 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 05:22 PM

I am gonna go swim and play basketball. Maybe soccer. I will see you guys later.

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#20044 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2012 - 05:51 PM

MDI's not here so nothing must be happening on the twitter side...

And for the record, I don't have Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. For sports news, I go to TLN, ESPN/NBA and RealGM...in that order.

If MDI hasn't posted it, it didn't happen. Period. That's why I love this thread. Then you've got fido, RD, last stand and numerous others breaking down each report, giving me ideas, echoing my thoughts or adding new info...this is the place to be for Dwight Updates.

Anyone still have 1000pg+ Dwight predictions? I want to know who's still in the running?

Why has Dwight been so silent after speaking so much DURING the season?

#20045 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts
  • Name:Andrey Antonov
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Shaq era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:08 PM

MDI's not here so nothing must be happening on the twitter side...

And for the record, I don't have Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. For sports news, I go to TLN, ESPN/NBA and RealGM...in that order.

If MDI hasn't posted it, it didn't happen. Period. That's why I love this thread. Then you've got fido, RD, last stand and numerous others breaking down each report, giving me ideas, echoing my thoughts or adding new info...this is the place to be for Dwight Updates.

Anyone still have 1000pg+ Dwight predictions? I want to know who's still in the running?

Why has Dwight been so silent after speaking so much DURING the season?

I guess one theory would be that media and the fans have labelled him a flip-flopper so much that at this point he thinks its best for him to be quite. The ironic thing about it though is if there were ever a time to speak its now. But who knows whats really going on in his head. Me as well as most of us think LA is far and away the best destination for him especially with Brooklyn out of the picture. But we don't know if that's what he thinks. Maybe he does want to be traded to Houston so that he could leave after a year and go to Dallas where he thinks is the best spot for him. Even scarier maybe he wants to be a Clipper and goes there after 2012-2013 season and I think its possible financially. Or even that he doesnt mind being a Rocket. Also, we don't know how much his ahole agent is in his head and what he thinks.

I think right now he just wants to lay low and see how things go. I don't think he minds being traded to LA and signing an extension there. But I think he might want to be a free agent more. To me its simple: If he is traded to LA, he signs an extension. If he is traded to Rockets, he becomes a Clipper or a Maverick in 2013-2014 season.

#20046 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:14 PM

I guess one theory would be that media and the fans have labelled him a flip-flopper so much that at this point he thinks its best for him to be quite. The ironic thing about it though is if there were ever a time to speak its now. But who knows whats really going on in his head. Me as well as most of us think LA is far and away the best destination for him especially with Brooklyn out of the picture. But we don't know if that's what he thinks. Maybe he does want to be traded to Houston so that he could leave after a year and go to Dallas where he thinks is the best spot for him. Even scarier maybe he wants to be a Clipper and goes there after 2012-2013 season and I think its possible financially. Or even that he doesnt mind being a Rocket. Also, we don't know how much his ahole agent is in his head and what he thinks.

I think right now he just wants to lay low and see how things go. I don't think he minds being traded to LA and signing an extension there. But I think he might want to be a free agent more. To me its simple: If he is traded to LA, he signs an extension. If he is traded to Rockets, he becomes a Clipper or a Maverick in 2013-2014 season.

Clippers don't have enough money. Unless they let CP3 go or amnesty Blake. And the only reason why Dallas was in his list at the beginning of the season was because he didn't know that they were going to throw away a championship team to save money. Dallas is not enticing as it was at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Jackson, July 15, 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#20047 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Clippers don't have enough money. Unless they let CP3 go or amnesty Blake. And the only reason why Dallas was in his list at the beginning of the season was because he didn't know that they were going to throw away a championship team to save money. Dallas is not enticing as it was at the beginning of the season.

Clips have a lot of money coming off the books next year. The only major commitment aside from Blake and CP3 (assuming he signs a new contract) is DeAndre Jordan who is making 10+ mil for the next 3 years but if you have Dwight, Deandre becomes expendable. I figured even with CP3s and Blakes huge contracts, they can squeeze Dwight in there. He might even take a pay cut since he will make that money back with endorsements. At the very least I think they can do S&T for him.
As far as Dallas, they have a lot of money coming off the books to so who knows what they will do to draw Dwight there (kinda like NJ did with JJ to draw DWill).

My whole point was that I think he wants to be a free agent and weigh his options and that's why he is quite. But I do think he will re-sign with the Lakers because of all the obvious perks.

#20048 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Dallas may be on his list next year if they have enough money to sign him AND another star FA. If not, I don't se him going there to play with just Dirk.

Clippers don't have enough money.

Rockets would have to give up most of their good players to get him. I don't think he'll want to stick around unless Morey does some fancy dealing to get that team back into contention by flipping some of the bad contracts he's going to have to absorb for some really good role players and or cap space...but if Morey could do that, why not get a 3rd team to take those contracts in the original trade and kill 2 birds with one stone?

If he comes to LAL, he gets a chance to win NOW and he'll be the man in the next 2 years or so. He'll make a lot of money and get the attention and stardom he sorely desires. There is absolutely no reason he SHOULDN'T go to LAL...except, he doesn't seem to want to go to LAL...

But why? He has to know that now that the Nets are out of the picture, everyone is WAITING for his new 'list". This is the time that he's first and foremost in the NBA Universe and he's gone into hiding? I just don't understand that...not unless ORL has put a "gag order" on him. Has he been told not to complicate trade matters? Possible.

But 1 interview with him and this whole situation comes to a swift conclusion.

#20049 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:38 PM

I just don't understand that...not unless ORL has put a "gag order" on him. Has he been told not to complicate trade matters? Possible.

This makes the most sense to me. A mutual understanding that both sides can benefit from this trade if Howard keeps his mouth shut.

#20050 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:40 PM

The only explanation people seem to be getting is that he is scared of all the pressure coming to LA with Wilt, Kareem and Shaq all winning rings. But its sounds a little ridiculous to me. I just don't think that that is the legitimate reason why. And I'm with you. I don't understand whyyou wouldn't want to play in LA with endorsement money, weather, women, and an opportunity to win now.
Also people say he wants to be "the man". But if that was the case, wouldn't he just want to stay in Orlando.
All of this could of been avoided if he didn't signed the tender. I remember us discussing why he signed it and couldn't come up with a real answer except for that he was guilted into it, which his stupid agent shouldn't have allowed.

#20051 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 338 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted July 15, 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think he wants to play in LA bur his agent ia driving him to brooklyn and hes just following orders from his agent instead of doing what he wants

#20052 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:16 PM

Guilt? You'd have to be a weak-minded somebody to let someone guilt you into doing something you REALLY didn't want to do.

I wish I could talk to him one time. I'd ask him one question only: Why wouldn't you want to be a Laker?

I guess growing up a Laker fan, I can't imagine a single logical reason why ORL could "threaten him" with a Lakers trade?

Ok, maybe during the Kobe-Rape thing, maybe...but we have a Championship team ready and waiting for him. We have fame and fortune waiting for him? Isn't that what every NBA player dreams of?

#20053 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:25 PM

We may have to wait Tuesday night 9pm PST to find any more developments on this. Thats the deadline of knowing whether those two (Asik and Lin) will be matched or will they be part of the Rockets. Even though signs point to Knicks NOT matching Jeremy Lin, you never know, these couple of years have been crazy they could match him. Knicks have no starting 2 guard they could put Felton in the backcourt or something to replace Landry Fields. Chicago is going to take the full 3 days and go down to the 11th hour of the deadline to see whether they want to match Asik or not. So until then we may receive no solid updates and just speculations and talks

Edited by MDI, July 15, 2012 - 07:25 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#20054 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Guilt? You'd have to be a weak-minded somebody to let someone guilt you into doing something you REALLY didn't want to do.

I wish I could talk to him one time. I'd ask him one question only: Why wouldn't you want to be a Laker?

I guess growing up a Laker fan, I can't imagine a single logical reason why ORL could "threaten him" with a Lakers trade?

Ok, maybe during the Kobe-Rape thing, maybe...but we have a Championship team ready and waiting for him. We have fame and fortune waiting for him? Isn't that what every NBA player dreams of?

Lol, the girl that took a picture with him should of asked him that.

He lives in LA in the off-season too so why wouldn't he want to live there full time? Only Dwight knows whats going on in Dwights head. It doesn't make sense for his agent to continue to go against the Lakers since he would make the most money if Dwight were playing for them. Weird.

#20055 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Lol, the girl that took a picture with him should of asked him that.

He lives in LA in the off-season too so why wouldn't he want to live there full time? Only Dwight knows whats going on in Dwights head. It doesn't make sense for his agent to continue to go against the Lakers since he would make the most money if Dwight were playing for them. Weird.

if Dwight gets traded to Brooklyn he gets the max and Dwight's agent's businesses make more money. I posted a link a while ago but theres some collusion involved with The Nets and Dan Fegan's agent

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#20056 Sung

Sung

Rookie

• 83 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:29 PM

maybe he does not be compared to Shaq, which he will never be in the winning end of that discussion. I do not know, really.

#20057 AndreyLakers

AndreyLakers

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:32 PM

if Dwight gets traded to Brooklyn he gets the max and Dwight's agent's businesses make more money. I posted a link a while ago but theres some collusion involved with The Nets and Dan Fegan's agent

Yeah, I remember that. But now it seems highly unlikely that he will end up there and LA is clearly the next best thing so why wouldn't Fegan want Dwight to play there?

#20058 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, I remember that. But now it seems highly unlikely that he will end up there and LA is clearly the next best thing so why wouldn't Fegan want Dwight to play there?

not quite lol if Fegan's agent sends out BS rumors to scare away potential suitors until January 15, Nets & Magic can start trade talks again. Yes this crazy thing might get dragged out that long. Right now Orlando doesn't like any of the offers

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#20059 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,823 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well, all the reports that came out around the time he opted in mentioned that the Magic FO as well as his father guilt-tripped him into signing in for one more year. Dwight really doesn't seem to know what he wants at all. Before this whole fiasco with the Nets began, we were still one of the teams he wanted to go to a few months back. I don't believe that that has changed. The problem is that his advisors + agent are giving him terrible advice and he's just going with the flow. His agent wants Brooklyn for his own personal reasons as we mentioned way back in this thread, while his friends are probably giving him different suggestions on how to tackle this thing. That would explain why he's been flip-flopping on his trade demands for months now; he's just not thinking for himself.

He really doesn't seem like a very strong-minded guy at all. I don't care about that as long as he competes every night for us. I have no doubt in my mind that if the FO brings him to LA that he could easily be convinced into staying here long-term. I can't think of one negative to him joining one of the most glamorous franchises in all of sports, and I bet he couldn't either.

#20060 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 15, 2012 - 07:39 PM

I have read a few reports about him opting in. One was he was guilted by the Magic franchise to opt in even though he still wanted to be traded. Another one i read was his family told him to stay in Orlando. The third one was he was going to be traded to the lakers and he did not want to come here and he opted in. So who knows really
Posted Image

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (6)