#20021 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Update: There is no dwight howard news.

Also don't understand why people don't just get a twitter account and follow some of the reporters instead of waiting for someone to post the info here.. Especially if your just looking for updates from a mobile phone.

Any more updates Update Guru?

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:03 PM

^ If MDI's not here, that tells you a lot. Nothing's coming out today.

G-Cock, It's all good bro', but you should read bigfetz last post. It makes a lot of sense too, but I digress. Sorry for being the bad guy.

Edited by    , July 15, 2012 - 04:03 PM.

yo.

#20023 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:03 PM

If Dwight does come trust.me ur gunna hear about it every where u turn.. At church the barber shop grocery store dont worry u wont b out the loop

Will I hear about it when I'm locked in an abandoned room in Antarctica?

#20024 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:05 PM

Yup subconsciously if ur a real laker jedi

#20025 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,119 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:09 PM

This has ceased being a Dwight Howard discussion thread and become a parody of itself imo.

Personally I just look forward to him getting traded to Houston or something, it may be important to a lot of people that he become a Laker but honestly threads like this(when they go off topic or become the way they do) really turn people off to the idea and pretty much ruins it for them to the point where they really don't care anymore.

So I understand why the mods are saying and doing what they are.

Edited by Majesty, July 15, 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#20026 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yup subconsciously if ur a real laker jedi

How much does that cost?

#20027 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:15 PM

SMH at this thread.

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:16 PM

^ SMH at this day. There's been no updates (eventhough they always suck anyway) on this situation today at all. That's the real SMH.

yo.

#20029 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:22 PM

^ SMH at this day. There's been no updates (eventhough they always suck anyway) on this situation today at all. That's the real SMH.

Its funny how there has been no updates yet the thread has moved about 20 pages and broke 1000 today :laughing:

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#20030 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Dude, c'mon now, that is just way outta' line. You can't even joke about something like that. Totally crossing the line.

Thanks but you don't have to worry. I'm not getting into an ignorant argument over something that means nothing to me. Comments like that are meant to bait you into silly fights...I'm way too old for that.

I don't think this situation has every really been close to being resolved. The 4 or 5 team trade with the Nets was garbage and almost impossible to pull off with so many unknown variables. HOU would have to have been nuts to pull the trigger on some of reported deals. The Lakers? I don't really know what's been offered...it seems to change with each report.

Out of all of the players, I think the Lakers would have the easiest time consummating a trade that would be beneficial to both teams immediately (if not mutually). It's the trade that makes the most sense.

My theory is the Lakers have always had the same chance to land Dwight as they have always had. Nothing has changed with our offer (the centerpiece) and I think the Magic ownership and fans would feel more comfortable getting near equal value for him. I think the new GM came in with a plan to keep LAL on the hook but cast other lines just in case something better popped up. I think Devos gave him the reigns because Hennigan convinced him that making the first deal might not be the best deal. He also convinced Devos to think about the future, even if it didn't include Devos...a living legacy of the owner...

I think we have always been plan B. I think Hennigan's out there looking for a "rainbow" in Fantasyland, hoping to make that big score that will make him a name. I think he's using OKC's plan and success as a crutch until he lands his "big fish".

With that said, I don't think he's going to get too long of a leash. He's had multiple team pull out of the Dwight-stakes because they couldn't meet all of his requirements or just didn't have time to play tiddlywinks with him. I think that if this drama is still ongoing near training camp, Devos will step in and force Hennigan's hand.

ORL may not have to trade Dwight now...or ever...but why would they want to continue doing the same thing, expecting a different result? Isn't that the very definition of insanity?

Why trade Dwight now...? The organization and it's fan base get to move on. They get to MARKET the new pieces acquired for Dwight and start selling SEASON TICKETS. Uncertainty will NOT bring the masses to their new arena. Uncertainty will not get them advertising. Uncertainty will not bring free agents in. They need to move on.

And while it's true they may get better offers later in the season, that's a LONG way away. In fact, their offers will get progressively worse as we get close to the season. Most teams are going to take their good players off the block to let them get their heads str8 and go all in for the season. You can't expect a guy to prepare physically and mentally for the upcoming battles if he's constantly worrying about trade rumors. You can't start to fill out your team with role players if you are constantly looking over your shoulders trying to figure out who you're going to keep just in case ORL calls.

ORL is in the same boat. I know they want move Dwight for good pieces but what they really should have done was start to blow the team up from the beginning of the moratorium. They should have gone to a lot of these teams with ample cap space and tried to get rid of some of these long term contracts. They had Calderon as an expiring contract...could have moved Turk and saved over 12mil immediately. Could have tried to see if they could have moved J-Rich with Ryan Anderson. They could have gone the route of re-shaping their team while waiting on something for Dwight to come thru.

IMHO, Hennigan is in over his head. He's dug in on this idea of hitting a homerun and following the OKC way but he's ignored everything else the GM is supposed to do. That will ultimately seal his fate.

If ORL doesn't move Dwight by August 15th, I seriously doubt Dwight gets moved before X-Mas...

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:24 PM

^ No offense, that's a great long & quality well-thought-out post & all, but honestly, that's already been said, possibly even more than once. Some of us here are just recycling the same thoughts apparently not having read every post.

Its funny how there has been no updates yet the thread has moved about 20 pages and broke 1000 today :laughing:

When you say that's funny you're certainly not speaking for everyone, I'll tell you that. Some find it infuriating & understandably so.

Edited by    , July 15, 2012 - 04:25 PM.

yo.

#20032 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:25 PM

When you say that's funny you're certainly not speaking for everyone, I'll tell you that. Some find it infuriating & understandably so.

Its funny in sort of an ironic and sardonic kind of way since there has been no news yet the thread continues to move on ahah

#20033 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 513 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:27 PM

No potato for me!

#20034 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:34 PM

No potato for me!

Posted Image

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:36 PM

Apparently some of you missed the memo, I'll re-post it for those that did (which seems to be many):

Enough going off topic in this thread. The last few pages have had very little information or discussion on the Dwight Howard situation and have focused more upon reaching page 1000 and other random talk. Save it for another thread. Many people come into this thread and look up the latest news on the situation. I'm not sure if some of you realize how much of a hassle it is to wade through 3-4 new pages of discussion looking for an update to be met with nothing important.

Cool it with the off-topic posts, save it for the Random Thread in the Off Topic section.

If this thread continues to veer off topic without relevant discussion, I have no problem with locking it up.

Edited by    , July 15, 2012 - 04:37 PM.

yo.

#20036 Tripletotheh

Tripletotheh

Starting Point Guard

• 203 posts
  • Name:Huthifah
  • Fan Since:4
  • Fav. Laker:Mr Bryant Mr Bryant Mr Bryant

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Todays words of the day are no offense. But I like reading GCMD and RDs posts because I am only 14 so this is my way of learning about what teams maybe thinking and possiblities and basic CBA/Cap rules and so forth. I just want to thank you guys for kind of explaining things for me even though you don't realize it.

This dwightmare has to end soon or Orlando is not going to get these offers later in the season.

Edited by Tripletotheh, July 15, 2012 - 04:42 PM.

"I want to be the best. I want to be the best that ever played, and thats why I play the game.
And to be the best you have to win.
And thats what drives me."                     

- Kobe Bryant

#20037 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:42 PM

how ironic
Posted Image

• 40,385 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Todays words of the day are no offense. But I like reading GCMD and RDs posts because I am only 14 so this is my way of learning about what teams maybe thinking and possiblities and basic CBA/Cap rules and so forth. I just want to thank you guys for kind of explaining things for me even though you don't realize it.

I'm not seeing those +1s to show for, but other than that, I agree. I always appreciate a good quality post and I usually show for it when I have some available (which I usually don't cause I run out so quickly). You can never get enough of RD's posts. He's always money, especially on this situation.

This dwightmare has to end soon or Orlando is not going to get these offers later in the season.

You can't guarantee that though.

usually nothing happens on sundays. It's like rest day for GM's

They go to church like every normal citizen.

Edited by    , July 15, 2012 - 04:45 PM.

yo.

#20039 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,249 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:44 PM

#20040 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted July 15, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Yea makes sense though who feels like doing anything on Sundays? Im sure some bogus rumors will come out tomorrow dont worry.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users