Green Bay Packers stock for sale

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 07, 2011 - 06:48 AM

The way my Falcons are playing Im thinking about buying a few shares to have a reason for being a full fledged GB fan.....lol.
Nows your chance Whatusaid.

You can now buy shares of the Packers, but with strings attached
Just in time for the holidays and a potential undefeated season, the publicly owned Green Bay Packers are offering stock shares to fans for the first time since 1997.

Fans who want to own a piece of the Packers need only pay $250 (plus a $25 handling fee) for one share of the team. Team president Mark Murphy said the team hopes to raise $22 million from the sale, though a full order of the 250,000 shares at $275 a pop would generate nearly $70 million. The money will help defray the cost of a $143 million renovation of Lambeau Field that calls for 6,700 new seats, high-definition screens and a new entrance.

Stock in the Packers isn't an investment. It doesn't rise or fall like something you'd buy from a broker. Shelling out the money brings little more than a certificate of ownership, nominal voting rights and the ability to tell your friends that you own a sliver of one of the most storied organizations in professional sports.

The purchase, of course, comes with a bevy of rules and restrictions. The website packersowner.com has a PDF that includes 12 pages of rules and restrictions and a four-page application for the stock purchase. Some of the rules wouldn't matter to the gift-giving crowd. It's highly doubtful, for instance, that anyone buying a stock certificate for a family member is going to own another professional football franchise. But buried in the fine print are some interesting restrictions and the steep fine that could accompany them:

The NFL Rules prohibit conduct by shareholders of NFL member clubs that is detrimental to the NFL, including [...] publicly criticizing any NFL member club or its management, employees.

If the Commissioner of the NFL (the "Commissioner") decides that a shareholder of an NFL member club has been guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL then, among other things, the Commissioner has the authority to fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $500,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock. In addition, if the Commissioner determines that a shareholder has bet on the outcome or score of any game played in the NFL, among other things, then the Commissioner may fine such shareholder in an amount not in excess of $5,000 and/or require such shareholder to sell his or her stock.

Now, I highly doubt Roger Goodell is going to care if you get Packers stock as a Christmas gift and then post on Facebook about how much you don't like Tim Tebow. And that Bodog account you may or may not have isn't going to lead to a Black Sox scandal. Don't say you weren't warned, though.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/You-can-now-buy-shares-of-the-Packers-but-with-?urn=nfl-wp13316

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:01 AM

screw it. I just bought a share. GO CHEESEHEADS!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Dont forget to read fine print lol if you're found gambling Goodell can fine you big time

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 08:07 AM

Dont forget to read fine print lol if you're found gambling Goodell can fine you big time

I bet you he will never catch me....lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 07, 2011 - 08:49 AM

Nows your chance Whatusaid.

You already know.

I got mine yesterday 1st thing.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 10:00 AM

:omg: Wednesday :omg:

#7 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 09:47 AM

The stock paper smells soooooooooooo good.

#8 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted December 28, 2011 - 11:49 AM

The stock paper smells soooooooooooo good.

:laughing:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted December 28, 2011 - 03:57 PM

did you get yours?

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted December 28, 2011 - 04:32 PM

yea I did playa but I didnt smell the paper.....lmao.
So after I saw your post I smelled it and your right it actually does smell pretty good.....I think its the ink base it uses or something.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#11 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted December 28, 2011 - 10:04 PM

yea I did playa but I didnt smell the paper.....lmao.
So after I saw your post I smelled it and your right it actually does smell pretty good.....I think its the ink base it uses or something.

Love it, smell of fresh currency.

That paper has tons of meaning to me. Being a fan of the Packers has always felt special to me. I've always felt like a part but this makes ME official.

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Love it, smell of fresh currency.

That paper has tons of meaning to me. Being a fan of the Packers has always felt special to me. I've always felt like a part but this makes ME official.

GO PACKERS! :laughing:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#13 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 01:10 PM

GO PACKERS! :laughing:

You might as well.

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted January 15, 2012 - 09:30 AM

GO PACKERS!!!
I GOT MY CHEESE OUT BABY!
Cheese dip for my chips but thatll suffice... :laughing:
GB is about to cook up some NY toast. Any you 9er fans want some or yall good with waiting till next week?
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, January 15, 2012 - 09:39 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#15 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 914 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted January 15, 2012 - 11:41 PM

49'ers and Packers - The most anticipated game of the season, that never happened. Thanks greenbay :laughing:

#16 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,429 posts

Posted January 17, 2012 - 01:57 PM

49'ers and Packers - The most anticipated game of the season, that never happened. Thanks greenbay :laughing:

glad it didn't happen. They would have beat us too.

It saves me some money(packers losing). Last year I had to have championship stuff.
Told myself this year I'm not buying nothing.
I'm waiting for the new jerseys(nike) to drop. :rock:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users