revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 05:41 AM

Lakers must wait on trading Bynum for Howard

By KEVIN DING

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
kding@ocregister.com

It was almost midnight out here, so it was nearly 3 a.m. in Atlanta, where Andrew Bynum's trainer lives ... and sleeps.

But Bynum had heard that news that the NBA lockout was going to end. Out came the big-eyed, call-everything-super exuberance that Lakers fans know has always bubbled from the time Bynum became the youngest player in league history at 17.

To say Bynum was super excited would be super true. He wants super badly to have his breakthrough season.

And the rampant speculation about Bynum being traded for a certain "Superman" is, well, superfluous to him – even if it consumes most everyone else.

With the owners and players ready to deal, Bynum sent those giant thumbs flying into action, firing off a text message to Sean Zarzana that it was time to get seriously ready for the season and there was not a moment to spare! Sure enough, Bynum was on a flight within hours to go from Los Angeles to Atlanta and resume high-octane workouts.

He hasn't come back yet. [Click link to continue]

http://www.ocregiste...ers-season.html

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 07, 2011 - 06:09 AM

I hope NBA isnt using LA for publicity reasons just to get fans excited about the season = menaing none of these rumors mean a dman thing! This better not be the case, but something in the back of mind says Mitch & Jim will stick to usual business.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2011 - 06:22 AM

Sorry...dumb article. Plus, the title to the article is misleading to begin with.

1) The Lakers don't have to wait. Sounds like it's a "must" due to some technicality or CBA rule, but it's not.

2) If Orlando says, "Howard for Drew, right now," then it needs to be done immediately. Sitting here talking about how Drew might do this, might do that...we've done that since 2005, and there's absolutely no reason to wait another year, risk another big injury, and blowing our chances at getting a PROVEN superstar player, one that is three times better than Drew.

No need to say anything else, really. It would be absolutely stupid not to make the deal once it's offered, doesn't matter when.

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:20 AM

^^Spot on with that comment, and if GMs around the league were really angry with the MIA trio getting together = then they will sheet a brick if Howard & Kobe get together especially if a quality PG can be added or solid role players who know their purpose: shooters (spot up/catch and shoot players) or youth and athleticism at backup SG, SF & back up PF.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:20 AM

Lol revgen we get it Bynum is better than Howard.
Posted Image

#6 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Lol revgen we get it Bynum is better than Howard.

I'm not Kevin Ding. But thank you, I'm flattered.

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 07, 2011 - 10:58 AM

if a quality PG can be added

PLEASE GET A PG!

#8 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:00 AM

I'm one of the biggest Byno supporters on this forum and even I know now that we can't pass this up for Dwight. This past season Dwight showed me everything I was questioning.

Posted Image

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:16 AM

I'm not Kevin Ding. But thank you, I'm flattered.

revgen i am familiar with your talking points. i actually agree with the bynum centered ones. i am a big bynum fan but bynum is not in any way shape or form better than dwight howard. from my point of view anyways
Posted Image

#10 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:33 AM

revgen i am familiar with your talking points. i actually agree with the bynum centered ones. i am a big bynum fan but bynum is not in any way shape or form better than dwight howard. from my point of view anyways

If you are familiar with my "talking points" then you'd know that the article above has nothing to do with them.

Edited by revgen, December 07, 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#11 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,338 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 02:06 PM

Sorry but I agree that we'll have to wait. I know we're all homers here, but why the hell wouldn't Orlando wait until the last possible moment to trade Dwight Howard? You obviously get better offers the longer you wait. It's a nice thought, but if anything were to happen, it would probably be at the trade deadline in February.

Edited by leor_77, December 07, 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#12 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 07, 2011 - 02:30 PM

Love Bynum, but if you have an opportunity to get Dwight who is the most dominant force in basketball since a prime Shaq you get him and don't think twice about it.

As it stands right now with a few tweaks here in there I still think we can contend for a title. If we get Dwight we become to the clear cut title favorite not only this season, but the next 5 years.
htCCl0m.png

#13 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2011 - 03:00 PM

He's wrong. If the Magic are willing to deal him, the Lakers shouldn't wait. Bynum could get injured and Gasol might stink up the joint even further.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users