• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

#261 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2011 - 10:39 PM

RealGM is a legit site, but they usually post it like hours after it's announced.

#262 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:05 PM

So just an observation, but how the hell does Boston get away with offering Rondo + scraps, when we would have to give Bynum (or Pau) + Odom?

#263 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:06 PM

So just an observation, but how the hell does Boston get away with offering Rondo + scraps, when we would have to give Bynum (or Pau) + Odom?

well to be fair noone has gave boston a shot yet. most have said they'll have to involve a 3rd team
Posted Image

#264 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:08 PM

The chances of a Chris Paul trade before NBA training camps finally open Friday appear to be dwindling after the pace of Paul trade talks slowed Wednesday, according to sources close the situation.

The Golden State Warriors have effectively withdrawn from the Paul Sweepstakes by stressing to the Hornets that they simply won't include star guard Stephen Curry in any deal with New Orleans. And sources told ESPN.com that none of the other teams known to be Paul's most ardent suitors sweetened their trade offers Wednesday, despite the fact that it's now an open secret around the league that the Hornets want to move Paul before the season starts Christmas Day, hoping to avoid a repeat of the long-running drama that suffocated the Denver Nuggets for much of last season before they traded Carmelo Anthony.

It has been evident since Monday that the Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers are New Orleans' preferred trade partners, but one source close to the process told ESPN.com that talks between Golden State and New Orleans have gone "dormant" because of the Warriors' refusal to make Curry part of the deal without an assurance from Paul that he will stay beyond this season as opposed to bolting as a free agent in July 12. Clippers guard Eric Gordon is the other player New Orleans covets in a Paul deal on par with Curry, but L.A. has likewise insisted all week that Gordon is a "deal breaker," as one source put it.

Various executives believe that the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers are thus the two most likely landing spots for Paul, but sources with knowledge of New Orleans' thinking said late Wednesday that the Hornets are prepared to wait days or even weeks for offers to improve, convinced that they they're getting low-ball proposals at this early stage of the process based on the external belief that they're so motivated to move Paul they will rush into a deal.

The Celtics, sources say, are currently presenting the strongest offer, which features Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green and two first-round picks. As the Paul pursuer most willing to trade for the All-Star point guard with zero assurance that Paul will stay beyond this season, Boston is also trying to concoct multi-team scenarios that would help the Hornets come away with the package they desire for Paul, featuring at least one established veteran to help them stay relevant, one up-and-coming talent and draft picks.

The Hornets' interest in Rondo is lukewarm at best, but one scenario in circulation would involve the Indiana Pacers and route former Hornets point guard Darren Collison back to New Orleans and land Rondo with the Pacers and Paul with the Celtics. Yet several other players would have to be involved to make such a deal work -- with more established talent going to New Orleans -- and there was no indication Wednesday that such a deal was close to completion.

Sources say that the Lakers have made their willingness to deal forward Pau Gasol for Paul clear to the Hornets, since L.A. is hoping to preserve Andrew Bynum to be the centerpiece of a trade offer for Orlando's Dwight Howard. ESPN.com reported Tuesday that the Hornets have not ruled out accepting a trade package for Paul that's built around Gasol, but the Hornets also do have reservations about acquiring the Spaniard, who turned 31 in July and is coming off a woeful playoff series against Dallas last spring.

New Orleans, though, likes the other offers coming in even less than those proposals. Sources say that the Clippers have only pitched a package featuring Chris Kaman's expiring contract and guards Mo Williams and Eric Bledsoe, meaning that center DeAndre Jordan and Minnesota's 2012 unprotected first-round pick are off the table along with Gordon.

The Hornets have been similarly unmoved by the offers coming from Houston and Dallas, which are the two teams, along with Boston, known to be willing to take on Paul with no promises about the future, convinced that Paul can be swayed to stay in their town after one successful season. The New York Knicks, sources said, have refrained from even making an offer to this point, knowing they lack the requisite trade assets to land Paul without recruiting a third or fourth team to sweeten the deal, despite the fact New York is widely believed to be Paul's No. 1 preferred landing spot.

The Hornets have actually been trying to convince the Warriors to part with Curry since before last season's trade deadline in February. But the Warriors could only stomach the inclusion of Curry if they knew Paul would extend his contract as part of the trade or at least commit to invoking his option for the 2012-13 season.

ESPN.com reported earlier Wednesday that talks with the Warriors are "definitely cooling" because of Golden State's unwillingness to include Curry in the deal. Following a voluntary team workout on Wednesday, Curry told local reporters he has received assurances from team executives that he is "safe and secure" with the Warriors despite the rampant Paul speculation.

"They want me here," Curry told reporters in the Bay Area on Wednesday. "Obviously there's the business of basketball and there are things that may happen with a GM having to make a decision for the best interest of the team. When you have a guy like Chris Paul, who is a franchise player, that's something you really have to think about it with anybody on the roster. I understand that. I'm not going to be upset if they entertained that."

Perhaps the only solace for the Hornets so far this week is the apparent struggles of free-agent power forward David West to attract the offers he envisioned after suffering a season-ending knee injury in March. Sources say West is gradually warming to the idea of returning to New Orleans.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329710/sources-chris-paul-trade-talks-cool-new-orleans-hornets-unlikely-deal-friday

Edited by MDI, December 07, 2011 - 11:14 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#265 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:14 PM

that rondo deal is such a fail

green is a nothing at this point. he's been awful. rondo requires talent around him and collison or pau? lol. c'mon collison is not and will never be even close to pau or who pau could bring in a trade
Posted Image

#266 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:16 PM

Freakin Dwight. He needs to let ORL know he wants to leave. He's holding things up right now!!! Quit being like Lebron and worrying what would people think if he leaves...he's gonna get hated more than ever before if he joins the LAL he needs to realize that

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#267 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,512 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:17 PM

Freakin Dwight. He needs to let ORL know he wants to leave. He's holding things up right now!!! Quit being like Lebron and worrying what would people think if he leaves...he's gonna get hated more than ever before if he joins the LAL he needs to realize that

we don't know if the reports about dwight are true. it could be damage control by the magic saying "dwight wants to stay"
Posted Image

#268 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:21 PM

in all honesty id rather have cp3 rather than dwight, the reason being is that we keep odom...... i dont want to deal odom, you guys are forgetting how important he is to our team go pull up the thread from last season when everyone thought he was gonna sign with someone else.

in all honesty

Cp3/Kobe/Metta/Odom/Gasol or Bynum

is wayyy better than

Cp3/Kobe/Metta/Turkoglu/Dwight

you guys also should take into account that mike browns system will involve A LOT of running, and we all know odom is one of the best players in the NBA at going coast to coast

on a lighter note

i saw somewhere that there was speculation of a 3 team trade where we would get paul, warriors would get gasol and the hornets would get ellis and lee

i also think if we deal bynum for paul it wouldnt be so bad if we take back emeka okafor, we wouldnt need offensive ouput because we would still have gasol so its essentially the same if not better "defensive presence" bynum gives us, but still something tells me if we trade Bynum itll be a big mistake, kind of like charlotte trading us Kobe

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#269 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:24 PM

A 32 year old Lamar Odom is not worth missing out on the most dominant big man in the NBA. I'd trade Odom in a heartbeat if it meant getting Dwight Howard.

#270 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:28 PM

A 32 year old Lamar Odom is not worth missing out on the most dominant big man in the NBA. I'd trade Odom in a heartbeat if it meant getting Dwight Howard.

but the thing is, its not just odom its odom and bynum

whats our bench gonna look like? shannons probably gonna bounce(literally)

so whats that gonna do?

our 4/5 spots are gonna be weak when they both sit
and who do you propose we sign with our MLE? jeff foster? give me a break theres a reason why odom is still in a laker jersey and a reason why he won 6th man last year,

name me another player other than LeBron who is over 6'8 and can handle the ball, shoot and rebound as well as lamar
trading odom is a BIG mistake

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#271 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:30 PM

That's the problem. Bynum plus Odom has probably been available to the Magic for Dwight forever. Orlando knows they can take that whenever they want, but they want to wait and get better offers. To be honest, they want Bynum and Gasol for Howard, which is utterly ridiculous.

#272 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:32 PM

http://www.bostonher...n=recent_bullet

A source who has spent time recently with Paul insisted yesterday that the Hornets star considers the Celtics a non-starter for his career, and has no intention of signing an extension to play with the C’s in the long term.

The team is simply too old to stir his interest.

“Their window is just too short for him,” said the source. “He looks on them as having one year left to do something, and that’s it.”

Even though Danny Ainge and Hornets general manager Dell Demps have not talked this week, the Celtics’ offer emerged last night as the most stable on Demps’ board.

Golden State, according to an ESPN report, was hedging at the prospect of parting with its talented guard, Stephen Curry. The Clippers, in similar fashion, balked at including guard Eric Gordon in any deal.

And the Lakers, interested in pairing Paul down the road with Dwight Howard, have the sort of older elements to offer (Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom) that don’t interest Demps.

The Hornets general manager is instead looking for youth and high draft picks, options that the Clippers would appear to have, more than any other team.

But according to an agent, Demps did not favor one scenario over another as of yesterday afternoon.

“I honestly can’t say which one he prefers, but he’s looking at them all right now,” the agent said.

In the meantime, free agent activity across the league, including in the Celtics front office, has come to a halt while teams wait to see where Paul lands.

And though it may not happen until tomorrow’s opening of training camps, Paul also appears resigned to his imminent change of location.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#273 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:34 PM

I bet he did, but my feeling is that Orlando doesn't care. They're not trying to placate (or give into) him, by any means. I just can't see them trading him sooner than the last minute, which would be the trade deadline next year. Whether you like it or not, they are right. Even if it's a bad PR move for their team, the offers will get sweeter the longer they wait. Just look at how Denver gutted the Knicks.

#274 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,996 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:35 PM

in all honesty id rather have cp3 rather than dwight, the reason being is that we keep odom...... i dont want to deal odom, you guys are forgetting how important he is to our team go pull up the thread from last season when everyone thought he was gonna sign with someone else.

in all honesty

is wayyy better than

you guys also should take into account that mike browns system will involve A LOT of running, and we all know odom is one of the best players in the NBA at going coast to coast

on a lighter note

i saw somewhere that there was speculation of a 3 team trade where we would get paul, warriors would get gasol and the hornets would get ellis and lee

i also think if we deal bynum for paul it wouldnt be so bad if we take back emeka okafor, we wouldnt need offensive ouput because we would still have gasol so its essentially the same if not better "defensive presence" bynum gives us, but still something tells me if we trade Bynum itll be a big mistake, kind of like charlotte trading us Kobe

It is true, that giving up Odom, Gasol and Bynum would leave a big hole at the 4. But seriously, that can be fillled quite easily using the mini-midlevel.

Thing is, it is highly unlikely that we get both of those guys.

#275 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:41 PM

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2011_1208paul_wants_no_part_of_celts/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet

Interesting article. CP3 seems to hate the idea of going to Boston, so I'm wondering if Ainge has the balls to take him without an extension. If I were Boston, I would roll the dice. We'll just have to see.

#276 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:42 PM

It is true, that giving up Odom, Gasol and Bynum would leave a big hole at the 4. But seriously, that can be fillled quite easily using the mini-midlevel.

Thing is, it is highly unlikely that we get both of those guys.

a lot of people assume that any issue can be adressed with the MLE, but the reality of the situation is look at the C's who are free agents this year

nene
tyson
gasol

theyre all good but not amazing

definately all starters but not all stars and theyre all gonna get PAID

because there are no good centers in this league, an Andrew Bynum doesnt come by too often he has the tools to become great, better than dwight, because once dwights athleticism leaves, what does he have? bynum on the other hand, is taller, younger, longer and has excellent footwork to go with a soft touch, let orlando keep dwight, i want bynum on my team

jpg2mw.jpg

#277 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:44 PM

jpg2mw.jpg

#278 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:46 PM

Really? Lamar Odom is THAT valuable?

I realize that Odom alone wouldn't get us anything great, which makes sense, because no one would be willing to trade a major piece for a 32 year old with a history of inconsistency. Bynum and Odom necessary to get Dwight Howard? Sign me up. Dwight Howard alone has a bigger impact in the game than the two of them combined. We wouldn't even need to deal for Chris Paul at that point, as a frontline of Gasol/Howard is a scary combination for other teams to even think about. We'd just need to land a half-decent PG in the future and we'd be good. Players will come to LA to play with Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant, there's no question of that.

If we landed Dwight in a deal for Odom/Bynum, how often would you expect both Gasol and Howard to sit on the bench at the same time? Gasol would play some backup C, and we'd just find another big man off the bench to spot a few minutes here and there. As for the 4? Same difference, we'd just need to pick up a half-decent PF to bring off the bench. Doesn't need to be a star or anything, just someone serviceable for 10-15 minutes a night.

Lamar Odom has been a stop-gap for this team for years, and I thank him for that. However, people greatly overestimate Lamar Odom's value to this team as a whole. Aside from the last season, he has been inconsistent his entire career. A career underachiever who has a superstar skillset, but the mentality of a 3rd option. It's nice that Lamar Odom has all those skills (though I found his shooting to be a fluke last year), but how often has he put it all together and become a real force on the court for us for a prolonged period of time? Not very often.

He may have the same skillset as LeBron, but he is no where near as aggressive nor does he possess LeBron's ability to outright dominate a game, and he never will.

Dwight Howard is an athletic monster, one of the most physically gifted big men the NBA has ever seen. He is a 3 time consecutive DPOY and he's barely 25 years old. He could go down as one of the greatest defensive big men in NBA history at this rate. If you have the chance to make an offer for him, you better damn well take it.

#279 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:51 PM

in all honesty

is wayyy better than

on a lighter note

uhmm, to get CP3 we would have to give up either Pau or Bynum and LO so it would look more like this

CP3/Kobe/MWP/Pau/??? OR CP3/Kobe/MWP/LO/Bynum .... depending on who they trade

VS

Blake/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight
Kobe/MWP/Turkoglu/Pau/Dwight

Edited by phifedogg76, December 07, 2011 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#280 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:54 PM

If Drew played that hard and motivated every game we wouldn't be having this discussion at all - we'd be talking about what else we could give N.O. in addition to Gasol and Odom to get that deal done yesterday.

But he's inconsistent, injury prone and may or may not become what he has the skills to be, some guys never do - all he has to do is check out the career of teammate Lamar Odom, the tools and ability to be an all time great but something upstairs missing to bring it out. That's what I think Andrew is, flashes of brilliance but overall just an above average player/borderline all-star with a long but underachieving career - or for however long his knees let him play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users