• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 12, 2008 - 10:07 PM

I was just saying that I dont think they will win the tournament beacuse I believe in karma, but vented at the same ttime.

Posted Image

#42 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 12, 2008 - 11:42 PM

I was just saying that I dont think they will win the tournament beacuse I believe in karma, but vented at the same ttime.

Well I am buddhist and also beleive in Karma, I think you just vented as you said, karma doesn't work that way.

Edited by netlord, August 12, 2008 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

#43 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 13, 2008 - 01:04 AM

Bad guys never win, so they will lose just because they were racist!

I think you went a tad extreme. Chill. And we dun need to bring THAT into this thread as well.

#44 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 13, 2008 - 07:30 AM

Really lazy...=.= Where's teh and1 by Pau that sent Yao packing?

Yeah the 2 gifs are beautiful.

Ecco!

Posted Image

PoWned!

Posted Image

#45 Vudoo

Vudoo

Vlad's Warm Fleece Blanket

• 368 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2008 - 08:39 AM

Trio? There's only Duo...who am I missing? You dun mean Ricky.... :D

Nope, they have another brother named Adrià Gasol. He's supposed to be pretty good as well. Still pretty young, in High School I think...
My computer is broken so I'm not on as much...

#46 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted August 13, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Nope, they have another brother named Adrià Gasol. He's supposed to be pretty good as well. Still pretty young, in High School I think...

I didn't know that...thanks for telling me....wonder how he looks like....worse than Marc? :lol:

Thanks putololo!!!! /kisses

:lol:

#47 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 13, 2008 - 10:42 AM

^ I didn't know that either, thanks for sharing.

putololo, no tienes este video:
Posted Image
?

Oyen, y por favor, alguein puede poner fotos de Adria Gasol si tienen? por favor? porque esta era la unica que pude encontrar..

Posted Image

Edited by Chicano, August 13, 2008 - 10:46 AM.

#48 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 13, 2008 - 11:19 AM

putololo, no tienes este video:

Mira que tengo avis hasta de la sesion de calentamiento de los arbitros, pero de esa jugada no! Si realmente te interesa y me proporcionas un video o enlace que lo contenga, es cuestion de un minuto el fabricarlo y enviartelo...

Para compensarlo, aqui dejo un par de genialidades de un jugon que se que te gusta: Pistol Rick Rubio!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 13, 2008 - 11:33 AM

^ O pues, esta bien, no problema.. pero gracias por subir esos otros.. oye deberas esa jugada de ricky a pau con el tremendo pase.. me sali de mi asiento.. fue maravilloso.

#50 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts

Posted August 13, 2008 - 11:28 PM

Spain beats Germany 72-59
http://results.beiji...shtml#BKM400B07
Posted Image

#51 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:23 AM

The battle of the undefeated on Saturday, OMG....I'm SO EXCITED.

#52 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,190 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq. Magic. Kareem.

Posted August 14, 2008 - 11:34 AM

heres a vid of gasol's dunks against china

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aPOX639I-Dw

#53 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,190 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq. Magic. Kareem.

Posted August 14, 2008 - 11:34 AM

what channel is the game going 2 b on?

#54 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 15, 2008 - 02:07 PM

Players to watch for on Spain as far as can go off & impact the game most:
Pau Gasol (of course) C No need to write any description for him much here since we're all Laker fans and should know enough about him already.

Ricky Rubio "Chachi" (sometimes the Spanish Pete Maravich) PG (A VERY VERY likely NBA Superstar in the future, not just all star, but superstar, is only 17 right now, supposedly started playing when he was 14, is about 6'4, very good size for a point guard, tremendous potential, natural star qualities that can't be taught, you either have em' or you don't, one of the toughest competitors you will ever see or know, extremely confident, always moving, always active, extremely good passer, compared to the likes of legends like pete maravich and the still playing steve nash, tremendous court awareness, vision, extremely terrific top of the line ballhandling skills and nifty moves, pesky defender, loves to push the ball for fastbreaks, can get anywhere he wants on the floor most of the time, probably needs to work on his jumpshot a little more, but that'll come with time, could very well be in the NBA right now, but will wait at least a year or two to polish his game just a little more, more than anything consistently making the outside shot, & then will be a guranteed top 5 pick, if not very possibly #1) Can't wait for this guy to go to the NBA, an absolute joy to watch, one of the most exciting guys you'll ever see when he's on.

Jose Calderon PG (NBA player for the Toronto Raptors, a high quality player, does things very well, executes, handles the ball tremendously, runs the system well, has a clutch factor and competitiveness about him as well, likes to take & make the big shots, can hit from the outside, has some nice moves, can penetrate)

Rudy "Smooth Criminal" Fernandez SG
(Incoming player this season for the NBA Portland Trail Blazers, very exciting to watch when he's on, can hit from the oustide, very creative, nifty, slithery, super athletic, always moving, husting, extremely competitive, firy)

Other key contributors to watch for:
Juan Carlos "La Bomba" Navarro SG (former NBA player Memphis Grizzlies last year, also spent some time with Pau, now going back to Spain to play, can hit the outside shot, 3pt range as well very deadly, very mobile, can penetrate & create, not the most athletic guy in the world, but still manages to do damage)

Jorge Garbajosa F (former NBA player for the Toronto Raptors before suffering a devastating injury & then settling back in Spain to play, smart player, has range from outside including 3pt range, not afraid to get dirty)

Alex Mumbru F

Marc Gasol C (will be playing for the Memphis Grizzlies this year, solid big man, nothing flashy or too exciting, but serviceable to quality big man, solid rebounder, firy & passionate)

Felipe Reyes C

& other minor threats:
Raul Lopez PG (some solid NBA years with the Utah Jazz before getting injured & leaving back to Spain for good ultimately)

Carlos Jimenez F

Berni Rodriguez SG

Spain has yet another NBA player in Sergio Garcia PG. He has his rookie season last year with the Portland Trail Blazer, still in the NBA, but is not with the national teams for I don't know why.

I've been following this team all olympics, haven't missed a game. They are exciting to watch & very talented, also quite possibly the most overall versatile & athletic team of all the teams second only to the US.

In the end, I still expect Team USA to win this game by most likely a blowout, BUT wouldn't be surprised if they won in the higher single digits or lower double digits, AND wouldn't be shocked either if Spain actually won, but realistically, that's not too likely to happen.

Edited by Chicano, August 15, 2008 - 02:17 PM.

#55 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 01:56 AM

I'm so excited. But I think they are not going to play 110% and show all their cards...
Because the important match for both of them is on the next round, Let's hope they don't spend too much energy.

Edited by netlord, August 16, 2008 - 01:56 AM.

Posted Image

#56 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:25 AM

I'm so excited. But I think they are not going to play 110% and show all their cards...
Because the important match for both of them is on the next round, Let's hope they don't spend too much energy.

I think they are fine expending the energy...play hard, play smart, play tough. :D

#57 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 16, 2008 - 08:09 AM

spain just got owned

Posted Image

#58 lyk13

lyk13

• 4,722 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 08:12 AM

spain just got owned

So? Have to be that proud about it? Both are elite teams, USA just got the better over Spain, that's it.

Being humble will be nice.

Edited by lyk13, August 16, 2008 - 08:13 AM.

#59 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2008 - 08:26 AM

Rudy Fernandez looks good...he's gonna cause a whole lot of trouble against the Lakers when he plays for the Blazers. He's scrappy, he's smart and he plays hard. Needs to improve his D tho, he grabs and shoves too much...he might get fouls called against him a lot when he enters initially, but I think he'll adjust

Marc Gasol looks like he can do the little things to get the job done...still needs to improve his finishing around the rim. I'm impressed with his anticipation on D. He defintely looks much stronger than Pau

Garbajosa looks like he was sleepwalking lol...he's got that fresh out of the bed look

I expected more out of Ricky Rubio but he didn't qutie deliver. He looked like he was intimidated but with age and experience I believe he'll be a solid role player.The youngin made a couple of flashy plays to Rudy, which was nice to see

The guy that impressed me the most is Reyes...he looks like a legit banger and a low post presence. needs to improve his rebounding and boxing out but he plays hard in getting himself good position on offense

Edited by MDI, August 16, 2008 - 08:28 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#60 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 08:30 AM

So? Have to be that proud about it? Both are elite teams, USA just got the better over Spain, that's it.

Being humble will be nice.

Dont waste your time, friend... that word isnt in his dictionary! :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users