#41 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,584 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2011 - 09:08 PM

Jameer cant play defense.

If we get Dwight, the offense can take care of itself. We would need someone to guard the quick PGs in the league. Jameer is not that guy.

#42 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 03, 2011 - 10:43 AM

Jameer cant play defense.

If we get Dwight, the offense can take care of itself. We would need someone to guard the quick PGs in the league. Jameer is not that guy.

Defensively speaking: Jameer or Fish/Blake. Choose?
I'd take Jameer in a heartbeat. But it aint gonna happen.

#43 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,958 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 03, 2011 - 02:58 PM

Defensively speaking: Jameer or Fish/Blake. Choose?
I'd take Jameer in a heartbeat. But it aint gonna happen.

Neither. Jameer doesn't have any defense either. But, he would be a big upgrade just based on his offense. He can attack the basket and can shoot.

And regarding Bynum and Gasol, I think that's what it would take for the Magic to bite. Even if that's the case, it's worth it. I agree that they should do Bynum + Odom if they'll bite on it though.

Posted Image

#44 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 03, 2011 - 08:30 PM

ramon sessions?, he cant shoot outside well, but hes better than what we have, and averaged 13, 5 and 3 in about 26 minutes per game, imagine if you boost that to over 30
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#45 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,584 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 09:16 PM

IMO the PG should be (in preferred order)

Able to defend quick guards
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor
Athletic
Able to attack the basket and split the defense
A good distributer
Under the age of 30

Regarding Sessions:
Able to defend quick guards Nope
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Nope
Athletic Nope
Able to attack the basket and split the defense Nope
A good distributer Check
Under the age of 30 Check

Regarding Jameer Nelson
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Check
Athletic Nope
Able to attack the basket and split the defense Somewhat
A good distributer Check
Under the age of 30 Check-ish he's 29

Fish and Blake:
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Somewhat
Athletic Nope
A good distributer Nope
Under the age of 30 Hell No

Edited by DanishLakerFan, December 03, 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#46 KBLakersUp

KBLakersUp

Rookie

• 357 posts
  • Name:ECN
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 04, 2011 - 12:07 AM

IMO the PG should be (in preferred order)

Able to defend quick guards
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor
Athletic
Able to attack the basket and split the defense
A good distributer
Under the age of 30

Regarding Sessions:
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Nope
Athletic Nope
A good distributer Check
Under the age of 30 Check

Regarding Jameer Nelson
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Check
Athletic Nope
Able to attack the basket and split the defense Somewhat
A good distributer Check
Under the age of 30 Check-ish he's 29

Fish and Blake:
Able to shoot the 3, and spread the floor Somewhat
Athletic Nope
A good distributer Nope
Under the age of 30 Hell No

What about trading for brooks, hinrich, flynn, bayless, augustine, or felton ?

And lakers should go after wilson chandler

Edited by KBLakersUp, December 04, 2011 - 12:07 AM.

Lakers are the G.O.A.T.
Posted Image

#47 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,215 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 04, 2011 - 01:39 AM

Wilson Chandler and Aron Brooks are both stuck in China with no opt out to come back until the season after this one.

Hinrich's contract is too much for the Lakers too afford right now, and Atlanta loves him. He's going nowhere.

Johnny Flynn will be a great backup for Ricky Rubio once he learns the ropes. For now the Wolves need him to stick around while Rubio gets rolling.

Felton has a solid place in Denver and his contract is too much for the Lakers to take on.

Augustine's salary is far too heavy and restrictive for the Lakers to take on right now. They don't have the trade assets Charlotte would want to match it without springing a leak elsewhere. Bayless is in the same situation as Augustine.

Keep tryin'...

#48 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,584 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 05:17 AM

Wilson Chandler and Aron Brooks are both stuck in China with no opt out to come back until the season after this one.

Hinrich's contract is too much for the Lakers too afford right now, and Atlanta loves him. He's going nowhere.

Johnny Flynn will be a great backup for Ricky Rubio once he learns the ropes. For now the Wolves need him to stick around while Rubio gets rolling.

Felton has a solid place in Denver and his contract is too much for the Lakers to take on.

Augustine's salary is far too heavy and restrictive for the Lakers to take on right now. They don't have the trade assets Charlotte would want to match it without springing a leak elsewhere. Bayless is in the same situation as Augustine.

Keep tryin'...

Flynn is in Houston, where he plays alongside Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry. Both of these guys would be nice fits in LA. Maybe Ebanks, Goudelock and a few picks, could convince Houston to let Dragic go???

#49 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted December 04, 2011 - 07:28 AM

What about trading for brooks, hinrich, flynn, bayless, augustine, or felton ?

And lakers should go after wilson chandler

Felton would be the perfect PG for the Lakers but I'm pretty sure Portland is holding onto him and his contact is a bit too much for LA to handle.

Posted Image

#50 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted December 05, 2011 - 07:37 AM

w/o a PG were just the Fakers. There I said it. Hard for me to believe it but I do.
We aint winning a chip till we solve the weakest link.
Real talk Drew and Pau down low have been proven enough force in the middle to win 2 chips and get to three finals. Were good enough in the post to compete with anyone. And oh yeah didnt they beat Dwight and the Magic in 2009? The difference then was Fish was running out of gas but had some legs left. I'm a D-Fish fan who admits hes a huge defensive liability now. He gets taken off the dribble 99% of the time by all these fast young point guards.
Not that Dwight wouldnt be an asset. Im not knocking him or his game.
But if LA wants to compete deep into the playoffs and even get to the finals we gotta stop a different premier PG in every series we play. And we have no answer to do this.
The priority should be to solve our biggest problem. Not to compete in some pipe dream bidding war that guts a championship roster for Dwight Howard.

#51 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,584 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 08:36 AM

w/o a PG were just the Fakers. There I said it. Hard for me to believe it but I do.
We aint winning a chip till we solve the weakest link.
Real talk Drew and Pau down low have been proven enough force in the middle to win 2 chips and get to three finals. Were good enough in the post to compete with anyone. And oh yeah didnt they beat Dwight and the Magic in 2009? The difference then was Fish was running out of gas but had some legs left. I'm a D-Fish fan who admits hes a huge defensive liability now. He gets taken off the dribble 99% of the time by all these fast young point guards.
Not that Dwight wouldnt be an asset. Im not knocking him or his game.
But if LA wants to compete deep into the playoffs and even get to the finals we gotta stop a different premier PG in every series we play. And we have no answer to do this.
The priority should be to solve our biggest problem. Not to compete in some pipe dream bidding war that guts a championship roster for Dwight Howard.

Getting Dwight would help our PG problem, as many are reluctant to attack the basket, with Dwight patrolling the paint.
But you're right, we need someone who can guard the quick PGs in the league, but who can be had for the mini-midlevel or through trade?

#52 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,958 posts

Posted December 05, 2011 - 10:52 AM

PG and replacing Pau Gasol as the number 2 option are about even in my book.

Posted Image

#53 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2011 - 11:03 AM

PG and replacing Pau Gasol as the number 2 option are about even in my book.

Pau looked like the guy we know against Dirk and Noah in the Euro tourneys this summer. Hes back

Here's the problem Pau can play center but he has issues playing Center, all that time he spent at Center thanks to Andrew Bynum taking a vacation really wore him down.

Edited by MDI, December 05, 2011 - 11:04 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#54 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted December 06, 2011 - 06:43 AM

still nothing :unsure:

#55 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 07, 2011 - 07:51 AM

LA should try close to anythign to get DWill
If not then settle for smaller contracts for solid PGs like Jennings, Law, & or Brooks
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#56 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:11 AM

I Guess I'm The Only One That Thinks Darius Morris Might Be Our Solution
Free The Wave

#57 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 11:24 AM

I Guess I'm The Only One That Thinks Darius Morris Might Be Our Solution

draft picks w/ no NBA experience dont usually run the point all the way to a NBA championship

#58 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,958 posts

Posted December 07, 2011 - 04:23 PM

Pau looked like the guy we know against Dirk and Noah in the Euro tourneys this summer. Hes back

Here's the problem Pau can play center but he has issues playing Center, all that time he spent at Center thanks to Andrew Bynum taking a vacation really wore him down.

Faced some good NBA competition, but still not constant NBA competition. He played horribly for awhile during the regular season too. I'm not ready to declare him back just because he played well in a few Euro games. He was horrible in some of those games too.

He could get back into form, but it's no guarantee.

You know what? I guess that changes my answer. I'm not counting on it, but I guess he could get back into form. Derek Fisher isn't going to get any faster.

Edited by Japago, December 07, 2011 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#59 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,922 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 10:53 AM

J.J. Barea :mitch:

Disappointed J.J. Barea: One-year offer won't work
An offer of a one-year deal won’t be enough to keep point guard J.J. Barea in Dallas, no matter how much he wants to remain with the Mavericks.

Barea said Thursday during an appearance on ESPN 103.3’s Ben and Skin Show that the Mavericks had refused to offer more than one-year deals.

“That is just crazy for me,” said Barea, who has discussed three- and four-year offers with other teams. “Just disappointed and just looking at other teams now seriously.”

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson seem determined to create enough salary-cap space to attempt to sign one of the free-agent superstars next summer. However, Barea said that plan had not been clearly articulated to him or his agent, Dan Fegan, who also represents Jason Terry and Shawn Marion as well as 2012 free agent-to-be Dwight Howard.

“We don’t understand what’s going on with the management here in Dallas,” Barea said. “I don’t know what their plans [are]. Their plan is not to bring me back, not to bring Tyson (Chandler) back, so we’ll see what happens.”

Barea, who worked his way from being undrafted camp fodder to a key role player for the Mavs, never envisioned leaving Dallas. He strongly hinted days after the Mavs won the championship last season that he’d take less money to stay with the only NBA franchise he’s played for.

However, Barea isn’t willing to take a one-year offer when other teams are interested in signing him to a long-term deal.

“I wasn’t expecting it to be like this after everything we did, after my five years here, after what we did last year,” Barea said. “Now you’ve just got to go with it and things happen.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4681567/disappointed-j-j-barea-one-year-offer-wont-work

Edited by LakersGAFan, December 08, 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#60 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 08, 2011 - 10:56 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...cks-sources-say

Chandler might go to the Knicks. If the Knicks release Billups, should the Lakers pick him up?

HATE HATE HATE HATE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users