Coby Karl

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 13, 2008 - 11:49 AM

I feel bad for him on the court, not off the court, cuz he's rich as hell, but really, the guy is just trying so hard, but he can't make it happen. Shot after shot after shot, clank, clank, clank. Yeah he finally had a few nice plays yesterday, but c'mon, seriously.. it's just sad.

#22 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted October 13, 2008 - 11:55 AM

^ it is sad! n true he is rich as hell !
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#23 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 13, 2008 - 01:09 PM

I dont know what games you guys have been watching, but Coby has been playing consistent D.

his shot isn't falling right now, but neither is Kobe's; in other words i'm not too worried about it.

I would like to see Sun Yue get some playing time. . but only once he's healthy again.

Consistent D? :lol:

Coby Karl is garbage. We don't need another useless player when we can go get vet to take his place.

He shouldn't be playing for the Lakers. :clap:

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 13, 2008 - 01:35 PM

I agree with ya Jonny.

Certainly Karl isn't some marquis player, but for the 15th man down the line you can do much worse.

And yeah - he has been playing consistent, persistent and attentive D.

#25 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted October 13, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hey nissan that's all you been saying. When someone comes up and says something about Karl's game all you do is say "karl is garbage :lol:"

but your the guy that said we should give heath more minutes...ironic

listen i know Coby is struggling with his shot but if phil were to give Coby luke's minutes i guarantee you'll get better results than luke would ever do.

and all this outrage at wasting a roster spot should be put on Sun Yue, here's a guy that truly is wasting a roster spot.

#26 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 13, 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hey nissan that's all you been saying. When someone comes up and says something about Karl's game all you do is say "karl is garbage :lol:"

hah. :lol:

listen i know Coby is struggling with his shot but if phil were to give Coby luke's minutes i guarantee you'll get better results than luke would ever do.

i'm not sure if he'd be better than luke, but i do think that he'd improve alot.
i think hes a pretty athletic player & can be quite quick at times. his shot's killing me.. before last night, i don't remember when the last time i saw him make a shot. the baskets he made last night were great though!

i feel like he's taking a long time to bloom, but i wanna give him a chance at the same time. problem is, is that im not sure how long we're going to be patient. Sasha took forever to bloom as well.. so it just all depends.

and all this outrage at wasting a roster spot should be put on Sun Yue, here's a guy that truly is wasting a
roster spot

uhmm.. wait a second.. he's played ONE game with us. you probably need to give him a shot here first before you draw conclusions.

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2008 - 03:13 PM

MM, Sasha game here when he was a teen

Karl is 25 already

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted October 13, 2008 - 03:42 PM

i think Karl is WAY better than Heath... wow, heath really sucks..

crawford is ok.. but powell is pretty good!
Posted Image

#29 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 13, 2008 - 03:54 PM

Why would I waste my time debating over a scrub? You want me to debate, but you said Karl > Luke in the gameday thread. :lol:

I said the young guys should get more minutes instead of playing this scrub. Karl is only getting more minutes than the rest of the young guys because Sasha is injured.

The other players should get more minutes because they have more potential and actually can contribute to this team unlike Coby "George's son" Karl.

Luke is not going anywhere and Phil is always going to play Luke because he loves Luke.

How many times do I need to say this? :rock:

Luke was actually leading the NBA in 3PT FG% a couple of seasons ago. Luke is not a shooter and he actually made some shots in a game unlike Karl.

all this outrage at wasting a roster spot should be put on Sun Yue, here's a guy that truly is wasting a roster spot.

How is Sun Yue a waste of roster space when he's not healthy and he's not ready to play in the NBA? Nobody said he was actually going to play this season and be in the rotation.

Bynum was also a waste of a roster space a couple of seasons ago because he didn't play. :clap:

#30 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2008 - 04:02 PM

leave rughead alone...

j/k :clap:
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#31 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:30 PM

Why would I waste my time debating over a scrub?

y make this thread then right..

How is Sun Yue a waste of roster space when he's not healthy and he's not ready to play in the NBA?

pretty much answered the question right there

kind of feel like i'm beating a dead horse here...i get the feeling another Karl is garbage :lol: is coming...but whatever

#32 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:37 PM

y make this thread then right..

pretty much answered the question right there

kind of feel like i'm beating a dead horse here...i get the feeling another Karl is garbage :lol: is coming...but whatever

I made this thread because I don't want him on the team. I didn't make this thread to debate about Karl. lol.

Sun Yue should be on this team because he actually has potential to be a sold NBA player unlike George's on.

#33 JeffA

JeffA

Rookie

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Cooper, Kobe, Bynum

Posted October 14, 2008 - 12:35 PM

Coby played 3 preseason games:

vs. Utah: 13 minutes, 0 for 3 shooting

vs. Clippers, 16 minutes, 0 for 3 shooting

vs. Kings , 13 minutes, 2 for 7 shooting

Comparing with Coby's fellow garbage players in the last 3 games, Coby is the worst of all:

Heath: 3 out of 10 (1/3, 2/6, 0/1)
Crawford: 3 out of 6 (1/1, 0/1, 2/4)

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 14, 2008 - 10:02 PM

Too much focus on offense JeffA. I'm not saying Karl is some Artest deciple on D., but the guy does play attentive and hustle defense when out there. Heath, Giles, Crawford - I'm not sure they know there's 2 ends to the court.

And who has Karl been playing offense against? Sure it hasn't been top grade talent, but he's gotten more minutes with 2nd string players (and a few starters) on the court than the others.

Seriously this freaking out over the last guy on the bench is ridiculous.

So many positives to focus on for the upcoming season, yet some need to find a flaw somewhere to have something to talk about. Its sad really.

#35 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,594 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2009 - 01:20 PM

Coby is coming to Spain!

He will sign a contract with DKV Joventut of ACB league this saturday if everything goes acording to plan, and if there is no problems with his contract with Idaho

I think it's a great oportunity for him.

Edited by netlord, January 22, 2009 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users