#1 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 16, 2011 - 03:35 PM

Posted Image

Been dutifully uploading music to Mountain View's cloud since Google I/O? Might want hit pause for just a sec, while you tune to Google's beat here in Los Angeles, as it's just gone and launched its own music store integrated with Android Market. Best part is, the service still free, though you can now purchase millions of songs from the store to expand your collection of tunes. 90-second track previews are available, and all songs are high quality 320kbps MP3s. And for those with an aversion to waiting, which should be all of you, uploads can now be nixed entirely, provided tracks in your possession jive with Google's master copies. The company is now on equal footing with Cupertino and Amazon's music offerings, who both offer direct sales coupled with a cloud component that allows for unlimited redownloads. Yet it more closely resembles the latter, as unlike the former there isn't a $25 yearly free as all tracks can be streamed for free.

Naturally, a new version of the Google Music app is already available in the Android Market, and a fresh look for Music Manager will follow in the next few hours. Unsurprisingly, Google Music sans beta brings tight integration with Google +. You can now share songs on your friend stream, and not just samples, either -- your buddies can listen to full tracks or albums one time through without ever leaving your profile.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/16/google-music-drops-beta-mp3-store-along-for-the-ride/

It's sick. Works on everything pretty much. If you're on iPhone/iPod with iOS 4+ it works

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#2 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2011 - 03:52 PM

Oh sick. I'll have to check it out. I have an account and it was uploading my songs, but uploading 20,000 songs takes quite some time, lol.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 04:34 PM

Oh sick. I'll have to check it out. I have an account and it was uploading my songs, but uploading 20,000 songs takes quite some time, lol.

Yea I'm in the same boat

21lsbya.jpg

#4 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 16, 2011 - 06:10 PM

Wait, you can upload your entire library to the cloud for free? Whats the catch? :blink:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#5 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Wait, you can upload your entire library to the cloud for free? Whats the catch? :blink:

No catch unlike a certain company google uses its resources and money to allow things like this for free.

21lsbya.jpg

#6 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Damn, then why the hell are people paying for Spotify and other programs? I'm guessing their at least commericals or a limit on how many songs you could listen to? I need to look this [expletive] up. :laughing:
Posted Image

#7 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Nah it's your own music not a streaming radio. So you basically are having a cloud external hard drive that you can access with any computer n most devices

21lsbya.jpg

#8 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Googles software is matching the songs to the songs on their servers. For mainstream music they'll just be matching songs up and streaming from their servers rather than your file on their server.

#9 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 07:01 PM

Googles software is matching the songs to the songs on their servers. For mainstream music they'll just be matching songs up and streaming from their servers rather than your file on their server.

Nah that's iTunes match that does that, it will match what it has and upload whatever you don't have. This service just uploads anything that is not DRM protected, I still have over 3k of songs left uploading haha

21lsbya.jpg

#10 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Nah that's iTunes match that does that, it will match what it has and upload whatever you don't have. This service just uploads anything that is not DRM protected, I still have over 3k of songs left uploading haha

Well that blows. I got the info from this Engadget post earlier.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/16/google-music-drops-beta-mp3-store-along-for-the-ride/

They've since updated

There is no matching function to the new Google Music, so uploads are still a part of the equation, though the service does sync your songs across devices once you've sent them to the cloud.

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Yea but I feel it's worth it since you can stream with all devices like phones with smaller built in storage.

The iTunes match was useless for me because it does not stream at all. If you wanna listen to something you must download it from the cloud. Also paying $24/year is not attractive

21lsbya.jpg

#12 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Yea but I feel it's worth it since you can stream with all devices like phones with smaller built in storage.

The iTunes match was useless for me because it does not stream at all. If you wanna listen to something you must download it from the cloud. Also paying $24/year is not attractive

You can stream from iCloud. It'll update all your songs to 256 AAC-DRM Free too. The Google is just too good to pass up though. I think I'll let it run overnight and while I'm at work and see what we can do with this. I've been wanting a server or something of my music to be able to access at anytime and this looks like it'll be the solution.

#13 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 02:50 AM

You can stream from iCloud. It'll update all your songs to 256 AAC-DRM Free too. The Google is just too good to pass up though. I think I'll let it run overnight and while I'm at work and see what we can do with this. I've been wanting a server or something of my music to be able to access at anytime and this looks like it'll be the solution.

iTunes match will give you the high quality aac if they have it. If not its just whatever quality you had. And trust me it doesn't stream. I was a click away from signing till I read that.

http://www.launch.is/blog/apple-itunes-match-streaming-music-service-is-misleading.html

21lsbya.jpg

#14 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Dammit, had the manager to sync my whole iTunes library, which is more than 2000 songs...anyone know how to stop it from uploading? :nah:
Posted Image

#15 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Dammit, had the manager to sync my whole iTunes library, which is more than 2000 songs...anyone know how to stop it from uploading? :nah:

Just close the manager fully. Are you on PC or Mac? It's almost done with all my music. It's too sick

21lsbya.jpg

#16 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 07:11 PM

^ I'm trying to start my Google Music upload, but it's only allowing 7610 songs to be upload. I currently have 0 music in my Google Music account. Any reason for this?

#17 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 08:18 PM

^ I'm trying to start my Google Music upload, but it's only allowing 7610 songs to be upload. I currently have 0 music in my Google Music account. Any reason for this?

If you have a lot of music it will do it in batches. For some reason when I first started uploading it said it was doing only 200 songs. But then later it jumped up.

They should start showing immediately at music.google.com once you login. Also tested the new google music app for android phones on my gf's EVO and it works their as well as two other laptops and my iPhone

21lsbya.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users