12 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 15, 2011 - 12:38 AM

We are pursuing a fourth fight with Marquez. As far as doing anything definitively, we aren't ready to do anything definitively. When we are ready to make a determination of what we are going to do, we will do it. We are not going to do this in the press. We will do what is in the best interest of ourselves and our client and make a decision when it's time to. If we decide we want to do a rematch with Marquez, there is no reason to sit down with Mayweather. If we want to explore a Mayweather fight, we will sit down with them. But I'm not going to sit down with them just because it's a good show.

We have been informed that Bob Arum is not interested in pursuing a fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao at this time. I am sick and tired of Bob Arum twisting the truth. It's another case of 'yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth,The truth of the matter is that we received this afternoon an email from retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein, who has informed us that Top Rank is pursuing a rematch with Marquez and, therefore, is not interested in immediate talks for a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. This is obviously as clear as it can be that they have no intentions of making a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Therefore, Floyd Mayweather will have no other choice than to move on and identify and lock in another opponent for his ring return on May 5.

In my opinion, you have three cowards -- Bob Arum, Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao, Now we all know the truth once and for all why this fight hasn't been made. It should be clear to everyone that they don't care what the fans want, especially when Floyd is ready, willing and able to fight Manny Pacquiao now. Floyd said if this isn't clear, he doesn't know what is. All along we know why the fight isn't being made. This is the perfect opportunity. Both guys just fought. This is the fight the fans want to see, and it's a disgrace that they are not willing to give the fans what they want. In my opinion, there are three reasons why Arum doesn't want the fight. He knows there is no way that Manny Pacquiao can win, it kills his cash cow, and he wants to do in-house fights where he controls both sides. I said all along why this fight hasn't been made to this point. Manny Pacquiao knows, Bob Arum knows and Freddie Roach knows.

Posted Image

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,184 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 15, 2011 - 12:59 AM

Its all on Arum

#3 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted November 15, 2011 - 01:10 AM

More like Pacman. If you really want the fight you tell your damn promoter that you get him this fight. Your promoter job is too get you the best fight out there or get the fight you want. And this in a way is speaking volumes by coming through Bob Arum mouth saying Pacquio doesn't want to fight Mayweather but instead rather go a round 4 against Marquez then be in a ring with Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

Edited by magicbalala245, November 15, 2011 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 15, 2011 - 02:32 AM

I don't think they're ducking Mayweather. Mayweather's camp really kinda just threw a date out there without even consulting the Pacquaio camp. That's not really how negotiations happen.

Posted Image

#5 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 15, 2011 - 02:33 AM

no one's ducking anyone. please

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2011 - 07:34 AM

I'm not a fan boy of either but Pacquiaos camp could be ducking the fight. Had they wanted a fight, negotiations should have started with Mayweathers people. No ifs or buts about it, there is one fight that needs to happen and instead they are looking at another fight with 38 year old Marquez and unless Marquez can knock down or knockout Pacquiao, he will not win a decision.

I know many love Pac-man, but the reality is that if he fights like he did against Marquez against Mayweather, Pacquiao WILL lose. Everything Pacquiao struggled with against Marquez, Mayweather does that 5x better.

#7 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,841 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted November 15, 2011 - 09:56 AM

Yeah Pac man's ducking Mayweather. He barely beat a 38 year old man. Money would destroy Pacquiao. If they fought 3x Mayweather would win easily all 3 times

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#8 Rubynator

Rubynator

Best closer in the game

• 2,608 posts
  • Fan Since:5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic,West,Bynum

Posted November 15, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Nope Pac would win. And if Pac was really losing a step took him pretty long to actually fight Pac. Maybe Pac just played possum so he could bait Mayweather into figthing
QUOTE "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." - Kobe Bryant

Posted Image

what Chick Hearn was to the "ear" of the fans, I want to be to the "eye" of the fans

-LD2K aka Chris

#9 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 15, 2011 - 06:55 PM

Nope Pac would win. And if Pac was really losing a step took him pretty long to actually fight Pac. Maybe Pac just played possum so he could bait Mayweather into figthing

Really reaching with Pac playing Possum just to get Mayweather to fight him, not to mention your from Manila and no offense but most Filipinos are biased for Pac since he's your national hero right now.

#10 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,323 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 16, 2011 - 11:38 AM

They both ducking! I'm yet to hear either guy call the other out. Arum's not Manny's boss. He's his promoter. If Manny wanted the fight, he'd say lets do this. Same thing with Floyd. Ellerbe doesn't run Money May. Sure the triangle theory isn't a good one to go by but it's hard this time when you see what Floyd did to Juan Ma & then how Manny struggled with him. If i'm the money hungry Arum, i'm stearing clear of Mayweather.

veqdeg.jpg

#11 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 17, 2011 - 08:16 PM

They both ducking! I'm yet to hear either guy call the other out. Arum's not Manny's boss. He's his promoter. If Manny wanted the fight, he'd say lets do this. Same thing with Floyd. Ellerbe doesn't run Money May. Sure the triangle theory isn't a good one to go by but it's hard this time when you see what Floyd did to Juan Ma & then how Manny struggled with him. If i'm the money hungry Arum, i'm stearing clear of Mayweather.

triangle theory doesn't apply to almost any kind of sport. haha.

Arum is trying to stop Pacquiao into making any media appearances to "cool off" the controversial fight first. Mayweather is trying to analyze the whole predicament, looking for his advantages against Pacquiao. Pacquiao has called Mayweather out for the past 4 years, even after the fight against Marquez. (there's an interview of that, you can youtube it). Mayweather tho hasn't made it clear, but he wants the biggest fight out there. He either fights Pacquiao or Martinez.

let me say this again. Mayweather and JuanMa tho both are defensive fighters are clearly two different fighters. JuanMa is a better counter puncher, Mayweather has better defense. Marquez tends to be the aggressor even if his strength is counter punching, has the tendency to leave his gameplan. Mayweather sticks through his game plan no matter what. Mayweather controls the fight by taking out his opponent's rythm either by clinching or using the ring, he throws jabs to measure the distance but he doesn't throw too many combinations at all. That's why his defense is remarkable, because he doesn't take too many chances, he doesn't take too many punishment at all. JMM on the other hand, like i said is willing to engage into a brawl, just look at the first two fights against Pacquiao. The last fight tho Marquez executed an almost perfect tactical game plan.

And don't get too brainwashed about Pacquiao being our national hero. I'm part filipino but i don't think he's a singing sensation or he's the type of guy Filipinos would die for. He did great for us, but still.. he's an idiot, he doesn't even deserved to be a congressman. it's the people from the poverty sector who idolize manny as a god here, but not the middle class to the rich people.

Edited by Macasero, November 17, 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#12 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,096 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 11:34 PM

Telling it like it is and he is one of the biggest Manny homers out there.

Props to Ronnie i know he's getting a lot of heat over this. :thumbup:

hR3rI.png

#13 Kobe24MvPFtW

Kobe24MvPFtW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name:kobe
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:58 PM

Lmfao, the other day, one of mayweathers people said Pacquiao sucks and they planning a fight for May 5th! So excited if it happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users