Jackson wants better play from Lakers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 12, 2008 - 03:48 PM

WDN: Looking to turn over a new leaf - as opposed to, say, the basketball - the Lakers continued to work out the kinks in their game and their lineup during a rugged but slightly less ragged practice session Saturday.

Struggling and still winless in the exhibition season so far, the Lakers (0-2) will try again for their first victory in a preseason game when they face the Sacramento Kings (1-1) tonight in Las Vegas.

"I'd like to win games in the preseason," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "I mean, I just want to see a team, you know, that can compete."

The Lakers fell to the Clippers, 107-80, to take their worst preseason defeat since a 31-point loss to Golden State in 2005 in their last game Thursday night in Fresno. They lost to Utah, 99-90, in their exhibition opener.

As the team prepared to head to Las Vegas immediately after Saturday's practice, Jackson believed that odds were the Lakers would do better their third time out, and the coach sounded generally pleased with his players' performance in a physical practice session that took place mostly on only half the court.

"It gets physical, and competitive. I kind of wanted the guys to get into that kind of activity today, to kind of get them reacting with some physical aggression, and competing," he said. "Some of the passes are awry, some of them are being tipped, and our ballhandling skills - our turnovers - are still high, so, we want to exorcise that."

#2 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 12, 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ballhandling and passing is off?

Where's our 6'10 PG? http://lakernation.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users