Photo

Will We See Lakers Basketball This Season?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 04, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Will we see any Lakers basketball or will the entire season be cancelled? I believe we will see Lakers basketball, but not till 2012. I just can't see the players sitting out a whole season. These guys love the game and at some point they will give in. I think we will get half a season. Better than nothing right?
htCCl0m.png

#2 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted November 04, 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hopefully

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:40 AM

In reality, probaly not...

The fanatic in me, says it has to happen

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 05, 2011 - 06:49 AM

If one of three things happen there will be NBA Basketball again:
1. If the owners suddenly wake up one day and feel differently about paying the players more than what the franchise makes then yes we will have a season.
2. If the players start to think rationally and realize that if the owners dont begin to receive a return on their investment the majority of players will end up working at Home Depot, just like Delonte West allready is. Average NBA salaries of $3.5 million/year is still better than $9/hour. Thus publicly swallowing their pride and waving a white flag of surrender.
3. Magically both find compromise and a margin of more that 10-15% wiggle room to negotiate. And I empasize the word Magically. From the estimated numbers they have realeased the dollar figures are so far apart they will need Harry Potter, Santa Claus, The Wizard of Oz and every other magic wielding legendary figure at the negotiating table to make that come to fruition.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted November 05, 2011 - 06:53 AM

btw, if I were to make a choice on what is more likely it would be #2. The players will give in eventually. How long that actually will be is the mystery.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,019 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2011 - 07:27 AM

nope

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 05, 2011 - 08:52 PM

90% - no.

#8 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,485 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2011 - 08:09 AM

:cry:

Man I need my NBA. :omg:

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2011 - 03:28 PM

Looks like video games will be the only way you'll be getting any NBA any time soon.

#10 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,077 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 12, 2011 - 11:04 AM

It appears that the owners have put a lot of "noise" in their proposal, designed to get the players to cede on every major point, while the owners "cave" on things like being able to send the low men on the totem poll to the D-league and pay them $75k per year.

The players have given on every major point that has been settled so far, and if they want to play again will give on everything else that really matters to the owners. If it was certain that some of the owners could lose their franchise AND lose money in the process, I would like to see the players hold out for a full season so some of these owners will pay financially.

Otherwise, the owners that are strong-arming this thing really have no incentive to cave, because they are the ones operating franchises that are supposedly losing money each year. If that is true, then they benefit financially from not playing a season under the recently expired agreement.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted November 12, 2011 - 11:31 AM

NBA will never DIE!! But you think NBA players are born. That physical dedication isn't easy. These men would have put that focus elsewhere. Jock envy kills me. But players shouldn't have to make concessions for the owners being bad businessmen.

If one of three things happen there will be NBA Basketball again:
1. If the owners suddenly wake up one day and feel differently about paying the players more than what the franchise makes then yes we will have a season.
2. If the players start to think rationally and realize that if the owners dont begin to receive a return on their investment the majority of players will end up working at Home Depot, just like Delonte West allready is. Average NBA salaries of $3.5 million/year is still better than $9/hour. Thus publicly swallowing their pride and waving a white flag of surrender.
3. Magically both find compromise and a margin of more that 10-15% wiggle room to negotiate. And I empasize the word Magically. From the estimated numbers they have realeased the dollar figures are so far apart they will need Harry Potter, Santa Claus, The Wizard of Oz and every other magic wielding legendary figure at the negotiating table to make that come to fruition.

Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 01:37 PM

NBA will never DIE!! But you think NBA players are born. That physical dedication isn't easy. These men would have put that focus elsewhere. Jock envy kills me. But players shouldn't have to make concessions for the owners being bad businessmen.

NBA will never DIE!! .......OK. probably not. Did I say it was gonna die?
That physical dedication isn't easy. ....Agreed.....did I say it wasnt? wtf is going on?
These men would have put that focus elsewhere. .....huh? are you drunk?
Jock envy kills me....... Are we comparing schlong size now....wtf are you talking about....lol
But players shouldn't have to make concessions for the owners being bad businessmen...ok....Im not sure I would call Billionaires "bad" businessmen, but ok... :laughing:

Edited by LakersGAFan, November 12, 2011 - 05:08 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#13 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 04:40 PM

No.

#14 extreme

extreme

Going to the extreme!

• 204 posts
  • Name:Massimo