31 replies to this topic

#21 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 05, 2011 - 07:15 PM

I see no reason why Pac wouldn't agree to the testing.

Me either. I mean he trains in another country that doesn't test Pac so all he's saying lets do the test the IOC uses. Pac dodging

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#22 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 05, 2011 - 09:25 PM

Me either. I mean he trains in another country that doesn't test Pac so all he's saying lets do the test the IOC uses. Pac dodging

I'm pretty sure you guys haven't read this...or aren't updated with boxing. This was in August 2011. Prior to this, he's already agreed to random blood testing 2 days prior to their fight back in January 2011. Who's dodging now?

http://news.wikinut.com/Pacquiao-Finally-Agrees-to-Unlimited-Random-Blood-testing-But-Not-by-Floyd-Friends-at-USADA/19eks6zf/

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#23 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 09:40 PM

I'm pretty sure you guys haven't read this...or aren't updated with boxing. This was in August 2011. Prior to this, he's already agreed to random blood testing 2 days prior to their fight back in January 2011. Who's dodging now?

http://news.wikinut.com/Pacquiao-Finally-Agrees-to-Unlimited-Random-Blood-testing-But-Not-by-Floyd-Friends-at-USADA/19eks6zf/

He is. The Olympic test requires a quick pee or blood don't remember right before the fight too

Edited by Draztik, November 05, 2011 - 09:40 PM.

21lsbya.jpg

#24 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2011 - 02:52 PM

He is. The Olympic test requires a quick pee or blood don't remember right before the fight too

Yea he doesn't wanna test the day of the fight as well.

#25 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:55 AM

Even if Mayweather is just being stupid Pac should just agree to it and beat Mayweather if he's really dying to fight em if Mayweather is ducking Pac, then Pac isn't in a rush to fight him either.

it's called pride, when you're "hailed" as p4p king you don't take demands from anybody else. especially when those demands are just retarded. besides, both of them are retards, when mayweather wanted an olympic style drug testing he basically took a giant [expletive] on the whole athletics commission in the states. pacquiao outside being prideful is stupid as well, being superstitious in a modern world.. that's just dumb as [expletive]

#26 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:58 AM

if the fight happens in the states, no matter where a fighter trains, the athletic commission still oversees it.

#27 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:24 AM

Honestly, if you know boxing and understand it I don't know how anyone would say Manny would beat Mayweather. Only filipionos say Manny could take him tbh.. :laughing:

No that's wrong. That's what many casual fans say but that doesn't validate anything. Even the whole boxing "experts" are split when it comes to this fight. You look at the resume of those two, pacman has it better. Mayweather outside Winky Wright has probably one of the best guard in the business in this generation, he's quick but not as quick as how manny moves in the ring. He knows how to use the ring very well, knows how to stay out of range against inside fighters(had some troubles with some of them)/knows how to neutralize fighters who fight outside(either by clinching or dirty boxing or counter punching) Manny on the other hand has never fought a defensive genius in Mayweather. He's quick, heavy handed but he over commits. That's why he had troubles on the 2 Marquez fights(i suggest you watch that fight). The only thing that's been keeping him from being knocked out is his side to side/in and out movement. It's a close fight. People think Manny is a brawler, no he's not.. That's just stupid. He's a very technical fighter, he just have the fastest hands in the sports. If you look at those replays, those punches are crisp and as technical as it can be. Manny doesn't even throw overhand or wild swings anymore. Pacquiao had troubles with a counter-puncher in Marquez, he will have his hands full against Mayweather. Mayweather had troubles with inside fighters(watch the castillo fight), Manny has an underrated inside game.

"If you know boxing X/Y will win" that's just the most overused term being used by casual fans trying to look hardcore fans.

Edited by Macasero, November 11, 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#28 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Just by watching both guys previous fights and their styles imo Mayweather has more advantages over Pac, I really dont see Pac winning the fight yea he prob has the fastest hands right now but I can just see him being to overly aggressive and Mayweather taking advantage of that. I do think it would be the hardest fight Mayweather has ever had but he's just so much more technical and like you said he's such a defensive genius.

#29 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 07:12 PM

if the fight happens in the states, no matter where a fighter trains, the athletic commission still oversees it.

They do but that doesn't mean something wasn't going on before and stopped in time for the commission to not see it with their testing.

Mayweather wins based on my non professional opinion. I'll take defensive, counter punching, technical boxing any day over just speed.

Pac will have a punchers chance of course but mayweathers skills will negate most of manny's positives.

I've been following boxing my whole life mayne, you insulted my Internet feelings lol

21lsbya.jpg

#30 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I've been following boxing my whole life mayne, you insulted my Internet feelings lol

Nah, i'm not insulting or taking shots at anyone. I'm just pointing out that the whole who knows boxing thing is a hoax. lol

And it's not just speed, given that speed can catch a fighter off-guard/off-balance, Pacquiao knows now how to use angles. That's why mosley almost knocked mayweather down, that's how hopkins neutralized winky wright's defense, that's how Sandy Saddler defeated the almost untouchable Willie Pep. The combination of speed and the proper utilization of angles can penetrate even the tightest guard.

#31 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 03:20 AM

Nah, i'm not insulting or taking shots at anyone. I'm just pointing out that the whole who knows boxing thing is a hoax. lol

And it's not just speed, given that speed can catch a fighter off-guard/off-balance, Pacquiao knows now how to use angles. That's why mosley almost knocked mayweather down, that's how hopkins neutralized winky wright's defense, that's how Sandy Saddler defeated the almost untouchable Willie Pep. The combination of speed and the proper utilization of angles can penetrate even the tightest guard.

I'm just playing with you mayne you one of my favorite TLN homies. But yea I mean with angles, etc you are describing exactly what mayweather is great at, his technique. It can always go either way and anyone is beatable like we found out with Ali, all I know is this fight better happen soon. Whoever wins expect their camp to make all the excuses in the world though lol

21lsbya.jpg

#32 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 12:36 AM

I'm just playing with you mayne you one of my favorite TLN homies. But yea I mean with angles, etc you are describing exactly what mayweather is great at, his technique. It can always go either way and anyone is beatable like we found out with Ali, all I know is this fight better happen soon. Whoever wins expect their camp to make all the excuses in the world though lol

Me as well! thanks to you i never bought an xbox. lol. btw i forgot to add feints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users