• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#101 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 06, 2011 - 09:43 PM

one of my favorite parts about GTA was the map posters included with the games.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#102 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 06, 2011 - 10:04 PM

@ LaLa, props for having the non greatest hits version of the game

Had to get it the week it came out man, all of my friends in middle school had it. :laughing: :81: And yeeeeeees, the maps, first thing I saw when I bought SA. This is bringing up some gooooood memories. :cry:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#103 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,282 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 07, 2011 - 11:59 AM

The Maps was so ill i remember my brother hanged it up in the Garage for SA just to study the map

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#104 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts

Posted November 07, 2011 - 12:30 PM

I spy with my eye the GTA maps. :whistle:

Had my dad laminate them a few years ago. :P

#105 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,282 posts

Posted November 07, 2011 - 03:16 PM

he information has made its way onto GTAForums and includes the skinny on upgradable cars, character customisation, the return of burglary mission, interior locations and plenty more.
According to the source posting on the forum the information was provided to him by co-workers that were treated to a lengthy look at GTA V prior to the release of the debut trailer.

CVG publisher Future has confirmed the leak hasn't come from one of its publications, as has Imagine Publishing.

Given the ambiguity of the circumstances we'd take everything revealed here with a pinch of salt.

Here's the full list of leaked details

The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less cdn.static.

There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.
REAL JUICY INFO:

Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

It is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

No children NPC at all. Ever.

There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/325205/gta-5-leak-suggests-its-four-times-bigger-than-liberty-city/

#106 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2011 - 11:29 PM

Awesome info. ^

Posted Image

#107 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 08, 2011 - 08:04 AM

If all of that info is true (that was posted by Kyler), this game is going to be in my PS3 on the release date.

My brother has already decided to purchase a PS3 just for this game, no joke.

#108 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 08:12 AM

I don't get geeked out for game's single player ever. This game has changed that.

#109 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 08:27 PM

I don't get geeked out for game's single player ever.

Describing me. I do have a few exceptions. GTA and Drake. :D

#110 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 08:44 PM

the main character has gone from mexican, to white, to black in a matter of weeks

also you have to think if you are busting out an old character from jail in Los Santos it has to be CJ. also i really hope weight lifting is back along with getting fat. was fun to get jacked up and have stronger punches
Posted Image

#111 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,282 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Little known Hollywood actor Ned Luke may be the voice (and face) behind GTA 5's lead character, if snooping work carried out by our friends at Official PlayStation Magazine UK is anything to go by.

The site has come across images and video footage of Luke that have an uncanny resemblance to the middle-aged, suit-sporting criminal featured in the game's debut trailer. Luke also sounds a hell of a lot like the trailer's narrator.
On top of that, a fellow actor and Luke's supposed cousin seemingly confirmed the rumour in a series of Twitter updates, OPM report

s.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/325837/gta-5-lead-character-revealed/

#112 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 12, 2011 - 02:24 AM

If the rumors are true, this game will be amazing :rock:

#113 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,282 posts

Posted November 15, 2011 - 11:14 AM

Grand Theft Auto 5: Main Character Discovered

Anything about Grand Theft Auto 5 today is met with either excitement or doubt. With so many speculations swirling around, you no longer know which ones are accurate and which ones are of pure invention. But of course we would want to know who the main protagonist will be.

Word has it that the main character will be portrayed by Ned Luke. It turns out that the actor chosen not only matches the narrator’s voice in the trailer but also the physical looks of the featured suited man. There are also some tweets from Luke’s cousin and colleague that seem to suggest that he will indeed be voice actor for the lead. Even the actor’s IMDB page confirms his involvement with GTA 5. He is supposedly portraying a character called Albert De Silva. So, you could probably go back to a rumor about the lead being a “Hispanic man named Adrian.” Maybe they could have changed the first name and still went with a Hispanic-sounding surname.

So how do you now interpret the trailer’s story? Well, you could think of Albert De Silva as your protagonist. The guy in the trailer wants to “retire from what [he] was doing…Be a good guy for once. A family man.” If Ned Luke will be portraying the lead then he certainly is the right age for a family guy. Maybe the protagonist is an actual family one and not just one voicing out a general desire. This can be viewed as a “radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe”, which is already how Rockstar founder Sam Houser views GTA 5. The video game should be out on all major platforms sometime in 2012.

http://www.gamebandits.com/news/grand-theft-auto-5-main-character-discovered-22178/

Edited by AK-47, November 15, 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#114 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,282 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 10:45 AM

This brisk and bracing Thursday morning brings rumors and leaks galore for fans of Rockstar Games and its recently unveiled crime epic Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V).
Specifically, initial suggestions by industry analysts that the latest Grand Theft Auto adventure could be released ahead of next year’s E3 Expo have now been supported (somewhat) by retail giant Walmart.
Although Rockstar Games has not yet officially confirmed when the game will arrive, a product listing on Walmart’s website offers up a retail release date of June 1, 2012—the E3 Expo will be held in Los Angeles between June 5 and June 7.
Also, a report on videogame news hub N4G is claiming that GTA IV protagonist Niko Bellic (as voiced by Michael Hollick) will indeed be returning to action alongside rumored lead character Albert De Silva (as voiced by TV actor Ned Luke).
The report points to the appearance of Hollick’s name on the game’s sparse IMDb page, but a quick visit to said database shows that name has now been deleted—if it was ever there in the first place.
It’s also worth noting that the relationship between Hollick and Rockstar has deteriorated since the actor openly bemoaned the fact he was paid very little for his performance while the game itself made hundreds of millions of dollars. His inclusion therefore stands as unlikely.
Meanwhile, the casting of Ned Luke looks considerably more likely. Luke’s name is indeed present on the IMDb page for Grand Theft Auto V and his positioning as lead character has been seemingly confirmed by actor Jimmy Taenaka.
“My fellow thespian Ned Luke is the lead voice and profile in the upcoming game by Rockstar Grand Theft Auto 5!” the former Jag and Kung Fu Killer actor revealed in a Twitter post. “Way to go Ned! Wholly Molly!”
img]http://www.thetechhe.../Image1_114.jpg[/img]

Image: DSOGaming.
But wait, we’re not done grinding unsubstantiated grain through the GTA V rumor mill.
Indeed, the folks at DSOGaming are banding about an apparently leaked city map plucked from the game, which reveals the street layout for Los Santos (see above).
“Our sources tell us that this is legit and is actually the map that will be featured in GTA V,” boasts the site. “In addition—and contrary to some other map leaks that have appeared on the web some weeks ago—this does look like the real deal.”
Despite such bold claims, many gamers willing to venture comment regarding the map’s authenticity have been quick to dismiss it as little more than a GTA IV mod.

http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201146/7854/Yet-more-rumors-and-leaks-surrounding-GTA-V

Edited by AK-47, November 17, 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#115 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 09:20 PM

hope that's the map. HUGE.

cruzin for dayz

#116 Saber

Saber