#82 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yeah late 2012, early 2013 sounds plausible. I really hope it drops next summer though ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#83 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 03, 2011 - 10:46 AM

Kind of sad, huh? I really thought IV was going to blow SA and VC out of the water, given that it was coming out on the PS3.

I think it was the story, the game itself wasn't that bad, might have to revisit it someday. It just got stale after awhile, couldn't get into Nicko. At least in III, it was revolutionary and it had a great great story. Vice City too had a different vibe and a great story, SA was the GOAT, everything about that game was so perfect. IV was ok I guess but there wasn't anything new about it for me to go crazy over it.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#84 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,292 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 03, 2011 - 12:13 PM

4 was good. I know I built it up to be so big before it came out, no way it was living up to my expectations. I bought my PS3 so I would be able to play the next gen GTA. Game had some fundamental things wrong. The driving, flying and walking mechanics all stunk IMO. I don't really care for realistic driving or walking. I like the arcade feel of SA, VC and 3. Did I mention 4 bricked my PS3? :o :eh:

I was really excited for the multi player coming in. It left me feeling like something was missing.

What made SA so good was it's simplicity.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#85 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,004 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 03, 2011 - 02:48 PM

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#86 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 03, 2011 - 02:53 PM

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

Ahh I'm a little disappointed there's no San Fierro or Las Venturas, maybe they'll add em with some DLC. Its still prob gonna be the illest GTA yet.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, November 03, 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#87 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,004 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 02:58 PM

Ahh I'm a little disappointed there's no San Fierro or Las Venturas, maybe they'll add em with some DLC.

i wonder if they will add San Diego or some parts of the OC

#88 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ahh I'm a little disappointed there's no San Fierro or Las Venturas, maybe they'll add em with some DLC. Its still prob gonna be the illest GTA yet.

depends how big they make los santos. this generation of consoles can only support so much with the obvious improvement in graphics they are making. i just hope to god there isn't too many hills in los santos this time and the hills are extremely large. i remember flipping my car in the middle of nowhere and how annoying it was to sprint looking for a car.

also i want them to bring back weight lifting and eating. used to be funny seeing people with a fat CJ or a huge CJ. they need to make this game more personal.

the rumors are the main character is mexican, but then the guy talking is older and they show a lot of some white guy in the trailer so i don't know what to believe.
Posted Image

#89 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,292 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:51 PM

I did see some windmills like they have near palm springs.

I hope they got an electric car in 5.

how about if your car could run out of gas? or you had to buy gas?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#90 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 10:00 PM

depends how big they make los santos. this generation of consoles can only support so much with the obvious improvement in graphics they are making. i just hope to god there isn't too many hills in los santos this time and the hills are extremely large. i remember flipping my car in the middle of nowhere and how annoying it was to sprint looking for a car.

also i want them to bring back weight lifting and eating. used to be funny seeing people with a fat CJ or a huge CJ. they need to make this game more personal.

the rumors are the main character is mexican, but then the guy talking is older and they show a lot of some white guy in the trailer so i don't know what to believe.

well, with blu ray discs, there really isnt a limit on the amount of data that could be stored on there, but since the xbox still uses DVD's, that will obv limit things

on another note, people are saying the old guy from the trailer is the main character, and that its actually claude from GTA 3 thats retiring from his past?

i still think it shoulda been a create a player tho, and they better bring the "fun" factor back into this dam game lol

Edited by pkflyers, November 03, 2011 - 10:01 PM.

13z8pc6.jpg

#91 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 01:12 AM

I did see some windmills like they have near palm springs.

I hope they got an electric car in 5.

how about if your car could run out of gas? or you had to buy gas?

I would kill myself. Lol or just get out of every car and steal a new one
Posted Image

#92 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 04, 2011 - 05:12 AM

I was really hoping to at least have Las Venturas in their with Los Santos even if LS is mad big and detailed.

#93 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 04, 2011 - 07:55 AM

Present day southern Cali ? I hope the Lakers make an appearance in some way :glasses:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#94 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 05, 2011 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image
GTA V inspired me to get the PS2 out and finally beat San Andreas, I never finished it. :laughing: :81: Graphics aren't even that bad too.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#95 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,004 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image
GTA V inspired me to get the PS2 out and finally beat San Andreas, I never finished it. :laughing: :81: Graphics aren't even that bad too.

To bad that the old PS3 can't play Ps2 games. gotta get a PS2 Now

#96 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,004 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:30 PM

By now, everyone has seen the new trailer for Rockstar's upcoming addition to the legendary GTA series, Grand Theft Auto V. One of the more common questions people have had is obviously when the game will be released. A lot of people are expecting it to come out sooner than later (which never happens after a game is announced), and some are even expecting it this Summer, but lets look at the obvious facts.

There's already a rumor going around that the game will drop in February, but here's why THAT will NOT happen:

a) If you look at the history of GTA releases, you'll notice that every game dropped in October.

b) There's no way that Rockstar would release this game before E3.

c) How many times have you seen a game drop within a few months of it's first trailer? Exactly, none.

My prediction is that we'll see this game in October of 2012. This way Rockstar has a solid year of promo, they'll have a game to show off (and "steal the show") at E3, and they'll be able to continue with the tradition of releasing another GTA title in the month of October. Thoughts?

http://www.ign.com/blogs/rhymestyle/2011/11/04/prediction-when-can-we-expect-gta-v

#97 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:33 PM

I bought some domain names yesterday and will be starting a GTA site. The domains were amazingly great ones that I'm surprised weren't taken.

#98 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,004 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:35 PM

I bought some domain names yesterday and will be starting a GTA site. The domains were amazingly great ones that I'm surprised weren't taken.

What kind of site?

#99 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 12:21 AM

To bad that the old PS3 can't play Ps2 games. gotta get a PS2 Now

my ps3 can play ps2 games :81:

@ LaLa, props for having the non greatest hits version of the game

13z8pc6.jpg

#100 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 06, 2011 - 06:34 AM

my ps3 can play ps2 games :81:

@ LaLa, props for having the non greatest hits version of the game

Good ol fat ps3

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)